Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By gibbage
  • 1 Post By gibbage

Well Beta 1 came, and there are changes that need to be made before I can start offering it for sale. I was a little too close to the side buttons, and the bottom didn't quite fit, but I was able to get it 95% fit on the first try! That's simply amazing, and the 3D scan really helped a LOT. Im very positive that the Beta 2 will fit 100%. Once I get beta 2 and assure it fits, it will be available for sale!

To see video of Beta 1 fitting on the 920 dummy case, view it here.

For Beta 2, I created a new design that I think is cool. Its a geodesic pattern and plays a bit of a optical illusion on your mind when you view it. Here is a render of it.

920_case_02.jpg

What do you think? I also designed a finger guard on the camera shutter so you don't accidently take photo's of your pocket. I had a problem with this on my 8X and the shutter guard worked very well without getting in the way at all. Also the side grips are amazingly comfortable!

Beta 2 will get here April 4th. I was thinking about having some sort of contest or drawing to give it away once im done test fitting it.

Anyways, more to come after April 4th. If anyone has any suggestions for case designs, please let me know! Im always looking for inspiration!

Kevin
    Thanked by:
    KoukiFC3S and jvanlew like this.

And YES, I did test it with one of those invisible cases, and it worked just fine. Not a single problem! Also there is 0 problems with the wireless charger.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Wow! both of them look really cool! Great job dude!

I'm liking the geo design!

Do these cases have a raised lip along the sides to keep the screen safer, should you decide to lay it screen down on a flat surface?

Yes. It will keep the screen off the ground by about 1MM on the 920. You can slide it on concrete without a scratch. Sadly I did that a few times on my 8x already, but not a scratch on the phone.
    Thanked by:

Could you also make a flip case like the one Nokia makes? Like the Nokia CP-600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Schutte View Post
    Could you also make a flip case like the one Nokia makes? Like the Nokia CP-600.
    These are all 3D printed...and the 3D printed plastic isn't designed to move/flex. You'd need something of leather to get it to flip around like that.

To bad, i thought you should be able to make a smart solution for this:)

It is possible with more engineering to make sort of a flip/stand. I can print the hinges, but it would take a lot of effort and would be rather thick and bulky.

Yeah, I think it's best to stick with what the material is best at: rigid protection for the phone.
    I'd think a hinged model would be prone to having the front pop off in day-to-day use.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would buy a hex case in a snap.

Did you recieve the new printed case? Are you satisfied with the product? Would it be possible for you to do a video with that?

The shipment got delayed by UPS. I should get it tonight, and I will make a video showing it ASAP and hopefully post it tomorrow.

Black 920 owner here. I'd buy that hex case for sure as well. Well done man.

Dude...

This is seriously awesome! I would totally buy something like this instead of crap unoriginal casing that I have on now. Trust me, if there were cases like yours on the market, I would have like 10 haha...Are you selling yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SahilShah View Post
    Dude...

This is seriously awesome! I would totally buy something like this instead of crap unoriginal casing that I have on now. Trust me, if there were cases like yours on the market, I would have like 10 haha...Are you selling yet?
    Hopefully soon! I need to test it first iin the real world, then start selling it. Should be around 25$
    Thanked by:

Just a quick update. I got the prototype case in, and it fits flawlessly! Here is a photo. I will post the video soon.

dsc01493s.jpg

You can see some of my 8X cases on the side. I really like the "sticky" theme in green =) Who wants sticky on there Lumia 920?!?!?!
    Thanked by:
    ganeshmaharaj likes this.

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    Just a quick update. I got the prototype case in, and it fits flawlessly! Here is a photo. I will post the video soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01493s.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	32050

You can see some of my 8X cases on the side. I really like the "sticky" theme in green =) Who wants sticky on there Lumia 920?!?!?!
    me :)
    Sent from my Lumia 920 C3P0.

I sat through the whole thing waiting to see what the black ones looked like on the phone :-(

Sorry, but I dont have a black case for the 920 yet. I plan on spray painting one of the beta's this weekend though ;)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts
    Very nice stuff!

Do you have a website where we can order the case?

Let me test it for about 1 week, then it will be up for sale. Projected price will be about 25$ unpainted.

Nice work.
    1. Can you make a similarly simplistic style for 920? (and of coz leave adequate space around the camera and flashlight).
    sim.jpg

2. Is it possible to make the side parts as small as the corners, like the picture below? will this affect the stability of the case when snapped onto the phone?
    sim.jpg

3. Is the case material surface sticky or sleek? I hope it is a little sticky or frictional because the back of 920 feels too sleek to hold.
    Last edited by yanb; 04-10-2013 at 04:58 PM.

It is possible to make the side grips smaller, or eliminate them all togeather.

Here is the video on the 920 case like I promised. I will make a new thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01493s.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	32050

Would love the sticky theme.. Have good open space show-casing the phone