- 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM #1
Don't know what happened, but this morning my 920 got really dumb.
1) Push power button to wake, screen doesn't come on until almost 10 seconds later!
2) Try to launch settings, it goes to black screen for about 15 seconds then gives up and goes back to the home screen
2a) Same if I try to launch most other system applications such as IE, Messaging, Mail, Me, Calendar
2b) People, phone, and store seem to work fine
2c) Non system apps seem to work fine
So far I've tried turning it off for a while before turning it back on and also reset by holding volume down and power. Neither has made any difference.
Last edited by palandri; 03-21-2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Title change
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM #2
- 473 Posts
Have you tried to edumacate it?
But really have you tried to hard reset, factory reset?
If that doesn't work then there's something wrong with the hardware itself, I came across an iPhone that did the same thing as well, everything just superly lagged without any reasons behind it.
- 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM #4
Ok. Tried the soft reset. It was fine at first but that didn't last long. Finally ended up doing a soft reset so I could get into settings again, and from there I told it to do a factory reset. It's been showing the spinning gears on the screen for half an hour now.. Sigh...
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM #8
- 473 Posts
- 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM #12
Well so far I was finally able to download the fw. I followed the instructions and it came back to life!
I restored from my backup and my original problem came back!
So I reset it again and decided not to restore and just start fresh.
Then the original problem came back!
I'm now resetting it again. Then I'll do any and all updates, then I'll login with my live account.. If it fails again.. I'm SOL??
- 03-22-2013, 01:26 PM #15
I'll be sending it to Nokia for warranty repair. I don't have faith that AT&T is going to do anything for me besides try to get me to pay for a replacement. They probably wouldn't have another cyan to replace it with either. Now I just have to find a phone I can use temporarily while I wait for mine to be serviced.
- By Micah Dawson in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 02-06-2013, 02:50 AM
- By Pustul in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
- By scott19931223 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 11-13-2012, 12:26 AM
- By wpbrian in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 01-01-2012, 12:32 AM