03-12-2013, 02:44 PM #1
- 3 Posts
2 major problems I have with my Nokia lumia 920 phone in the past 3 weeks:
1. When I call somebody, the screen gets off even when the phone is not near to my face - so I can't do anything with the phone while I'm with conversation with someone (I can't even to cut off)
2. Sometimes when I get a toast from background apps (i.e Whatsapp, Outlook or even the message that pops up when the battery is low), the screen not gets on automaticly and I only hear a sound of the message.
What can I do?
- 03-12-2013, 02:57 PM #2
1. Do you have a screen protector on your phone? This could be blocking the proximity sensor and making it think it's next to your face when it's not. Cutting a small section out of the screen protector can help with this problem. It's always worth making sure your screen isn't dirty at all - try cleaning it with a lint-free cloth. My brother had some of these issues and after he had removed his screen protector he had to restart the phone (turn off and on) to return to normal behaviour.
2. Some messages will give you a notification when your screen is turned off and put a toast notification there at the top so you can see the message when you turn the screen back on. For example text messages. I think this is by design so that you know you have a notification if you missed the sound alert or if you were out of the room at the time. You can swipe the toast notification to the right hand side of the screen to remove it.
Hope any of that helps!
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM #3
- 3 Posts
Thanks, it really was the screen protector that blocked the proximity sensor!
And for the second problem - understood, thanks. for some reason I remembered that the screen was getting on when you get a toast.
another issue I have in this case, is that when I click on a toast on my lock screen, for example, an Whatsapp message toast, it's not open the whatsapp app.
I can only swipe out to remove it, as you said... is it a bug or this is how it works?
- By LumiaDream in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
- By neftv in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
- By khunhorm in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 12-27-2012, 12:19 AM
- By thor12345 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 12-24-2012, 07:29 PM
- By krishnanr14 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-06-2012, 01:06 AM