Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cameradork
  • 1 Post By a5cent

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I'd argue that Nokia makes the better mobile cameras for smartphones right now.
    Sam Sabri
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - sam@wpcentral.com (email me vs. PMs in the Forums. I'll see it quicker through email)
    Twitter - @samsabri
    Socl - Sam Sabri

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sabri View Post
    I'd argue that Nokia makes the better mobile cameras for smartphones right now.
    Agreed! Nokia has a lot of experience in mobile device cameras dating back to 2005. HTC's cameras have always been bad and I don't expect anything different from the HTC One.
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

HTC wins in some other categories, most likely: build quality, battery management, weight/dimensions, and operating system.
    What bugs me about the 920 in low light is that bright areas (light through windows) are always unnaturally bright. What Nokia needs in their next low light camera iteration is always-on and hardware implemented HDR support. That would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jaqueh View Post
    HTC wins in some other categories, most likely: build quality, battery management, weight/dimensions, and operating system.
    Operating system? Wait, why are you here?
    solution2u likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    What bugs me about the 920 in low light is that bright areas (light through windows) are always unnaturally bright. What Nokia needs in their next low light camera iteration is always-on and hardware implemented HDR support. That would be amazing.
    On-chip HDR would be pretty cool as long as you could control the effect. Nothing worse than an ghost-tastic HDR-ey looking photo.

Ok, actually there's a lot worse than that (*cough* Instagram filters *cough*), but it's still obnoxious :)
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    On-chip HDR would be pretty cool as long as you could control the effect. Nothing worse than an ghost-tastic HDR-ey looking photo.

Ok, actually there's a lot worse than that (*cough* Instagram filters *cough*), but it's still obnoxious :)
    lol... agree... the more photography settings we can control the better. On a side note, new methods are emerging for digital HDR photography, that don't require the merging of multiple stills (No merging = No ghosting). The Tegra4 is likely going to be the first SoC to use this (marketing buzzword is chimera). I don't know how good their implementation is, but if it is good, it will revolutionize HDR imaging.
    cameradork likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    lol... agree... the more photography settings we can control the better. On a side note, new methods are emerging for digital HDR photography, that don't require the merging of multiple stills (No merging = No ghosting). The Tegra4 is likely going to be the first SoC to use this (marketing buzzword is chimera). I don't know how good their implementation is, but if it is good, it will revolutionize HDR imaging.
    Sounds good to me - can't go wrong with more dynamic range if there are no consequences. Looking forward to it :)

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    The top two photos go in favor of the HTC one while the last definitely goes for the 920. However, everyone and their mom has owned an HTC now and knows what software "support" means for that company.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    The top two photos go in favor of the HTC one while the last definitely goes for the 920. However, everyone and their mom has owned an HTC now and knows what software "support" means for that company.
    I agree the HTC ones look sharper.

Hey, there is one vídeo comparing the HTC One and the Lumia 920, and again, Lumia 920 is the better one.

Forget the 920, even the 720 seems to beat the One's camera

Lumia 720 Vs. HTC One Low Light Shootout #MustSee : My Nokia Blog