- 02-21-2013, 04:35 PM #2
Xbox Music pass lets your play music purchased on Xbox, Windows 8 and WP8. However, the sync is messed up. So if you download/buy a song on WP, it doesn't always sync to Xbox Cloud service and then to your Xbox. However, if you purchase a song on Windows 8 it is available to stream on Xbox (via cloud) and on WP via cloud as well as to download on phone. Remember you can only stream on Xbox, you can save songs even if you paid for them.Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM #4
You can't do "via" cloud. The cloud is present on both Xbox and WP. So say for example you purchase a song using your WP, it sync that song to cloud. Now when you turn on your Xbox "ideally" that song is in your collection (in the cloud). So you just hit play and it will play that song provided you are connected to WiFi to access the cloud.
I think when the bugs are ironed out, you can purchase song on WP, and stream that song from your collection in cloud, on your Xbox. Right now, downloading/purchasing songs from WP is hit and miss. Some songs sync to cloud, some don't.
In a nutshell, anything that correctly syncs to the cloud will be available on all three screens - Xbox, WP, Windows 8.
Right now, this is only true if the song is downloaded/purchased/added to collection on Windows 8 PC/laptop first. However, there are 50-50% chances, doing the same on WP, will sync correctly to cloud. But, with the state in which Xbox Music on WP is, I know it doesn't work every time.Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- By dainla in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 12-05-2012, 07:51 AM
- By D.A.R.Y.L. in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-30-2011, 07:34 PM
- By Dark Mirage in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 39Last Post: 11-25-2011, 07:03 AM
- By Judge_Daniel in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
- By 3migo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 43Last Post: 06-25-2011, 09:26 PM