Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Jrexxx
  • 2 Post By rbxtreme
  • 1 Post By bigbinsocal
  • 1 Post By rbxtreme
  • 3 Post By cameradork
  • 1 Post By uselessrobot
  • 1 Post By Aleem Aslam
  • 2 Post By Connie Litrenta
  • 1 Post By Elrinth
  • 2 Post By cameradork
  • 1 Post By DaveGx
  • 1 Post By Gambit11B
  1. Aleem Aslam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am using WP7 HTC Radar now. Want to move to Windows Phone 8 as WP7.8 didn't give me much to play with. Also, i liked the Lumia 920's Camera features. Need to clear some doubts , SO LUMIA 920 users plz give you inputs..

    1) Is Lumia 920 a good device to buy for Rs 37,000 (685 US Dollars). Is it worth the money for a windows phone.

    2) After the WP8 "Portico" update on Nokia Lumia 920, How is phone acting..!! Any issue with rebooting or any issues..!!

    3) Need your feedback with regards to Lumia model color.. Black , White or Yellow..!! I liked the Yellow color model.. But its not easily available even in India. How are accessories choices for Phone covers in the market..!!

    4) Lumia 920 got Gorilla glass. So, is it really damage resistant..!! Do i need to use a scratch cover on the glass..!!

    5) What is your personal view on Lumia 920's Daylight Photos..!!

    6) This point is silly to ask. But should i wait till Nokia's MWC announcement & see if Nokia comes with Lumia 950 or Lumia 1000.. Do any of you think Nokia will release such devices in a month's time..

    7) Do any have any wierd issues with your Lumia 920.!! Please share

    I hope to get good number of feedback from forum members, so i can decide accordingly..
  2. Jrexxx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    238 Posts
    #2  
    1) I personally don't think it's ever worth it to pay that much for a phone (allthough I've bought it but it's my first, and probably last, high end phone)
    2) I've had 0 freezing/restarting. I've got 0 compalints when it comes to reliability.
    3) Chose the white model so that I can change the live tiles colors as much as I want.
    4) It's scratch resistant, but after some experience it'll get scratch/shattered sooner or later, so yes buy a screen protector,
    5) They're pretty good for my needs, and as good as my point and shoot.
    6) No idea :\
    7) If I had to complain: Lots of dust build up under the FF camera, the polycarbonate that they are using is different from the 800, don't know how tu put it... It's also super slippery in white since it's glossy. Finally The battery lasts a day, but just barely. I would have predered better battery life.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    Aleem Aslam and Raj Chahal like this.
  3. Aleem Aslam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrexxx View Post
    1) I personally don't think it's ever worth it to pay that much for a phone (allthough I've bought it but it's my first, and probably last, high end phone)
    2) I've had 0 freezing/restarting. I've got 0 compalints when it comes to reliability.
    3) Chose the white model so that I can change the live tiles colors as much as I want.
    4) It's scratch resistant, but after some experience it'll get scratch/shattered sooner or later, so yes buy a screen protector,
    5) They're pretty good for my needs, and as good as my point and shoot.
    6) No idea :\
    7) If I had to complain: Lots of dust build up under the FF camera, the polycarbonate that they are using is different from the 800, don't know how tu put it... It's also super slippery in white since it's glossy. Finally The battery lasts a day, but just barely. I would have predered better battery life.

    Hope this helps.
    *Wow..!! Thanks for taking the time..
    *Am also not someone, who spends a lot on phones, Thats why doing so much soul searching.
    *Good to hear that even you don't have any issue with the phone. I recommended this phone for my sister who is using it in AT&T network, even she had no issues. (He is no techie, she just uses the phone for calls, photos or music) But i do see other ppl complaining about reboot issues on this forum. Anyhow, i hope it shouldn't be a issue for me too.
    *I agree with you. I think i should go with White or black model (Its matt finish, so i think it wont have the slippery issue)...

    Thank you
  4. rbxtreme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #4  
    I'm gonna sum up,all your thoughts by just saying that the 920 is true flagship and it won't disappoint you. But then unlike you, I had to dump a long term relationship with android,and don't regret it. And the 920 is one major reason.
    Moving on about the gorilla .. Don't let that ape base your decision on buying a phone.. Its never damage resistant... Its just scratch resistant to a limit and we ourselves end up,realizing what limit,equates to. What I mean is I know people who've taken care,of their phone with gorilla glass much much better than their children but still end up seeing scratches. I do,have a 820 which doesn't sport the gorilla but it never bothered me. And for the I do use a,screen protector for both my phones.

    Colors colors,colors.... Don't go by my choice at least on that... Coz you the one who's gonna be looking at it.. You could always use the internet to run though some polls w.r.t color but don't buy one because, 'x' said whit was the best 920 made. I use,a,black 920 and a yellow 820.

    None of the smartphones could,ever replace a dedicated camera.. But the camera on the 920 is the best out there today when you compare them beside smartphones. A smartphone is basically like a Swiss knife, and I won't goto war with only a Swiss knife when I know I'll expect i wouldnt wait.folks at the other side to be carrying automatic weapons.😊. Camera is awesome on the 920 especially night shots..period

    MWC Nokia knows what's coming.. Even if the 950 like you said came you would need to wait at least 4-6 months till they hit the stores. I personally would wait for another 5days and decide.
    Before you pick one up, there is a list of issues, haunting the 920's which have been reported by users..so will be good for you to run through them, but set your expectations clear with the fact that you will never find any smartphone which has absolutely no issues. So weigh your options well and good luck..
    Thanked by:
    Aleem Aslam and Raj Chahal like this.
  5. bigbinsocal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #5  
    I have the white model and love it, no rebooting. I agree that battery lasts only one day but who cares, just put it on the charging plate (very cool)!! The screen will scratch so I am not too thrilled with "Gorilla Glass II" just yet. You can hammer a nail with the screen but it scratches?? Also, I would not get a case. The first Lumia 920 I owned actually had micro scratches on the polycarbonite due to micro particles getting in between the case and the phone. I had to replace my first one due to a manufacturing defect with the screen put got a brand new one under warranty no problem. I have not had a case on it yet for 2 months and no micro scratches at all. The white does get a bit slippery but it feels so nice in your hand, just take extra care when you have it out. Its a great phone, get one!
    Thanked by:
    Raj Chahal likes this.
  6. #6  
    Are !! now new full stops?

    Also, wait 5 more days, see what MWC has in store. Even without no other announcements INR 37k is good value but not when you know you can get cheaper SGS3 in India. However, choice is simple - if you need apps, go SGS3. If you don't "need" apps, go Lumia 920. Visit Indian app store first, see what apps you want, what it's got. Don't read anything anywhere on internet and think it's going to come in a month or two. It won't. Just go by what it has right now, if it satisfies you, Lumia 920 is the most sexy hardware out there today, can't say if it will stay the same after 5 days.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.


    Thanked by:
  7. rbxtreme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #7  
    Black=matte
    White=gloss
    They both = slippery!!!
    Aleem Aslam likes this.
  8. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    552 Posts
    #8  
    1. I have never bought a phone off-contract so I can't really help here. The 920 seems like a good two-year commitment, though.

    2. The only problem I had before Portico was that the photos were not very sharp. Portico fixed that. My 920 has never frozen or rebooted and I've had it since the middle of November (launch day in the US). I've read about problems with that on the forums here, so if you do run into that, I'd exchange it.

    3. I chose black because I take a lot of pictures and don't want to attract a lot of attention to the phone.

    4. Depends on how rough you are with your electronics. I always carry mine in a microfiber sunglasses bag, and my screen is still in perfect condition with no screen protector.

    5. Daylight photos are good, night photos are good, macro is really good. It's up there with mid-range Point and Shoot. Here's a collection of photos I shot with mine (most of them are unedited): http://sdrv.ms/U5VBIr

    6. Nokia will likely announce new phones at MWC - possibly even something with a camera that's closer to the 808 (just a rumor for now). Hard to know when you'll actually be able to buy one, though - the replacement for the 920 could start selling in November, or they could release another different phone sooner. Never know. Nokia's announcements are in 5 days, so it'd certainly be worth waiting until then before buying.

    7. No issues at all with the hardware - voice quality is excellent, the screen is beautiful and I love the camera. Some people complain about the size and weight, but it feels right in my hands and the size makes it easy to type on.The app selection of WP8 isn't great compared to iOS and Android. That doesn't bother me, but it does bother people who want to switch from another platform. Seeing how you're already a WP7 user (and presumably you're happy with it), you're probably already aware of that. There are also some little things I'd change about WP8 - especially how it handles volume, but there is an update scheduled to come out soon called Blue that hopefully will fix a lot of issues. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen, though - I love my 920 as it is :)


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem Aslam View Post
    I am using WP7 HTC Radar now. Want to move to Windows Phone 8 as WP7.8 didn't give me much to play with. Also, i liked the Lumia 920's Camera features. Need to clear some doubts , SO LUMIA 920 users plz give you inputs..

    1) Is Lumia 920 a good device to buy for Rs 37,000 (685 US Dollars). Is it worth the money for a windows phone.

    2) After the WP8 "Portico" update on Nokia Lumia 920, How is phone acting..!! Any issue with rebooting or any issues..!!

    3) Need your feedback with regards to Lumia model color.. Black , White or Yellow..!! I liked the Yellow color model.. But its not easily available even in India. How are accessories choices for Phone covers in the market..!!

    4) Lumia 920 got Gorilla glass. So, is it really damage resistant..!! Do i need to use a scratch cover on the glass..!!

    5) What is your personal view on Lumia 920's Daylight Photos..!!

    6) This point is silly to ask. But should i wait till Nokia's MWC announcement & see if Nokia comes with Lumia 950 or Lumia 1000.. Do any of you think Nokia will release such devices in a month's time..

    7) Do any have any wierd issues with your Lumia 920.!! Please share

    I hope to get good number of feedback from forum members, so i can decide accordingly..
    Thanked by:
  9. uselessrobot's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    333 Posts
    #9  
    1) I can't answer this question as I don't know if this is a good price for a phone in your country. In the US you can get an iPhone 5 for $650 but in some countries it costs maybe $1000.

    2) I haven't seen a difference in terms of performance. I haven't really had any issues before or after the update.

    3) I love yellow. There seem to be some decent options for cases but in the US it's next to impossible to find cases in stores that aren't for the iPhone, and the Samsung Galaxy S3 to a much lesser extent.

    4) It's scratch resistant but that doesn't mean it wont scratch. I don't use them, but there's probably still a benefit in using a screen protector.

    5) I think they're as good as the iPhone. There's a bit more image processing going on than I'd like, but you're never looking at them at 100% anyway. Scale them down and they look excellent.

    6) Honestly, if you keep waiting for the next big thing you're going to wait forever. It's going to be a long wait for the next gen phone and once that comes they'll have announced the next-next gen within a few months of launch. I personally wish hardware makers would follow a slower cycle, but there's nothing I can do about that.

    7) I haven't had any problems I'd consider significant or unique to the Lumia 920.
    Thanked by:
    Aleem Aslam likes this.
  10. Aleem Aslam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Are !! now new full stops?

    Also, wait 5 more days, see what MWC has in store. Even without no other announcements INR 37k is good value but not when you know you can get cheaper SGS3 in India. However, choice is simple - if you need apps, go SGS3. If you don't "need" apps, go Lumia 920. Visit Indian app store first, see what apps you want, what it's got. Don't read anything anywhere on internet and think it's going to come in a month or two. It won't. Just go by what it has right now, if it satisfies you, Lumia 920 is the most sexy hardware out there today, can't say if it will stay the same after 5 days.
    Well, i would never get a andriod phone. i am trying to set a Microsoft ecosystem at my phone with Xbox, Windows 8 & in near future with Windows Phone 8... I agree with all your comments.. Even if Nokia announces Lumia 950 or 1000, it would release in a month time.. finger crossed & Nokia Lumia 920 it is... :)
    Raj Chahal likes this.
  11. Aleem Aslam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    1. I have never bought a phone off-contract so I can't really help here. The 920 seems like a good two-year commitment, though.

    2. The only problem I had before Portico was that the photos were not very sharp. Portico fixed that. My 920 has never frozen or rebooted and I've had it since the middle of November (launch day in the US). I've read about problems with that on the forums here, so if you do run into that, I'd exchange it.

    3. I chose black because I take a lot of pictures and don't want to attract a lot of attention to the phone.

    4. Depends on how rough you are with your electronics. I always carry mine in a microfiber sunglasses bag, and my screen is still in perfect condition with no screen protector.

    5. Daylight photos are good, night photos are good, macro is really good. It's up there with mid-range Point and Shoot. Here's a collection of photos I shot with mine (most of them are unedited): http://sdrv.ms/U5VBIr

    6. Nokia will likely announce new phones at MWC - possibly even something with a camera that's closer to the 808 (just a rumor for now). Hard to know when you'll actually be able to buy one, though - the replacement for the 920 could start selling in November, or they could release another different phone sooner. Never know. Nokia's announcements are in 5 days, so it'd certainly be worth waiting until then before buying.

    7. No issues at all with the hardware - voice quality is excellent, the screen is beautiful and I love the camera. Some people complain about the size and weight, but it feels right in my hands and the size makes it easy to type on.The app selection of WP8 isn't great compared to iOS and Android. That doesn't bother me, but it does bother people who want to switch from another platform. Seeing how you're already a WP7 user (and presumably you're happy with it), you're probably already aware of that. There are also some little things I'd change about WP8 - especially how it handles volume, but there is an update scheduled to come out soon called Blue that hopefully will fix a lot of issues. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen, though - I love my 920 as it is :)

    After seeing your photos, i am now sure that Nokia Lumia 920 is the best camera phone in the market now. & am buying it. I agree with you that Blue will fix other small issues. & Microsoft will not betray this generation customers with any change in the Kernel & platform unlike Windows Phone 7.. Thanks for taking the time to give your comments in detail..
    Thanked by:
  12. Connie Litrenta's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #12  
    First rule of thumb - do NOT waste time on something that may or may not come out. Even if it does, there will ALWAYS be something even better right behind it. If the Lumia 920 has what you need, then get it. I love mine. It takes great low light pictures and works very nicely with a Windows 8 computer if you have one. I bought it mostly because I wanted a Windows phone and because I really like the look of the live tiles but I have to say i was pleasantly surprised by how much I really love using OneNote and Rooms which I share with my hubby. It's the perfect solution for us. Now I can provide information to him in a way that is far easier for him to find than anyother previous method.
    Connie L - Windows Phone 8 always
  13. Elrinth's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #13  
    1) That is a reasonable price

    2) After the update, my issues with phone calls are gone. The other end couldn't hear me sometimes. Probably the software which reduced volume of background noise which somehow also reduced volume of my own speech :) I think the battery might be better, but it's hard to tell. Because I heard ppl said u need to let the phone load out completely. I only did this after the update, so there's no way for me to tell. But the battery was terrible when I first got the phone. One day and it would be completely drained, even tho I barely used it.

    3) I actually wanted black or white. But I got myself a yellow one even though I didn't want one, because that's the only model which the store had. I've grown fond of it. Also girls seem to notice the yellow one, or it's just that the cell is very large, can't tell :D . (I'm a guy)

    4) Depends, are you going to drag it against the pavement? I didn't buy any protection for mine, I keep it in my left pant-pocket and I try to remember not to put my keys in the same pocket. Also the touch screen is one of the best I know. PLUS you can use gloves while using the phone, something which doesn't work on other phones.

    5) It takes okay photos. I had a crappy ZTE Blade (San Francisco Orange) before and this is sooo much better. But compared to iPhone5, Galaxy Note 2 (the phone's competitors) I can't really compare since I don't have those in possession.

    6) I think Lumia 920 is Nokia's flagship. I wouldn't waste time waiting for something else. There are however OTHER WP8 models which look fantastic AND don't weight as much. I find the weight and the sharp edges of the phones the Achilles heel of the phone, it's bad things I mean.

    7) I had problem with my voice randomly not being audible on the other end, before the update. But after update, it's been working flawlessly.

    My complaints about the phone:
    * Not able to choose custom sound for each notification app
    * Not able to choose custom SMS sound (only use their preselections)
    * Sharp edges of phone which can damage inner pockets of your pants very easily. (I destroyed 2 pants inner pockets when they were creased (not flat so the phone could easily slide in) )
    * Weight. It weights more than other phones. It's not too bad.
    * Write a word... How do you put the cursor inside the word somewhere? I only select the whole word or put cursor at the end of the word. :(

    All in all:
    * I am very happy about my phone. However, I am displeased you can not test your apps on your phone without a developer license. I wish you only needed the dev license to sign the app and put it on the store. But oh well. Now I've bought a license and hopefully I can conjure up a fun game or something within a few months.

    Good luck with your purchase!
    Thanked by:
    Aleem Aslam likes this.
  14. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    552 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrinth View Post
    1)
    * Write a word... How do you put the cursor inside the word somewhere? I only select the whole word or put cursor at the end of the word. :(
    This had me baffled at first, but here's how it works: You press and hold in a text field until the I-bar cursor pops up. Keep holding, but now you can move that I-bar around, and it sits about a quarter-inch above your finger at all times. Just move your finger under the place where you want to drop the cursor, and when it lines up correctly, release and it will drop it where you want it. I got used to it pretty quickly, but I still think Apple's magnifying glass solution is actually a little more intuitive at first.
    Thanked by:
    DaveGx 
    Aleem Aslam and Elrinth like this.
  15. DaveGx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    476 Posts
    #15  
    Thanks for that info. Can't believe I've had this phone so long and could never figure out how to do it correctly. I always just assumed it didn't work well, never knew you could move it like that.
    cameradork likes this.
  16. kiddori's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #16  
    I've done a lot of thinking about question 1 and want to give you my answer:

    1) YES, YES, YES! Paying $600 for a high end smartphone is indeed a GOOD INVESTMENT. Think about how much you use your smartphone and how often you use it. It's a computer. It's a computer that you carry with you at all times. The Lumia 920 also replaces your camera (unless you are a pro photographer). Spending that kind of money on a good smartphone that you will enjoy is better than spending half on something that does less or is not as good.

    5) The awesome low light capabilities make up for the somewhat blurry daylight pictures. Every high end smartphone takes decent daylight pics but not many smartphones take great low light pics....Lumia 920 is one of the few.
  17. Gambit11B's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem Aslam View Post
    I am using WP7 HTC Radar now. Want to move to Windows Phone 8 as WP7.8 didn't give me much to play with. Also, i liked the Lumia 920's Camera features. Need to clear some doubts , SO LUMIA 920 users plz give you inputs..

    1) Is Lumia 920 a good device to buy for Rs 37,000 (685 US Dollars). Is it worth the money for a windows phone.
    I wouldn't pay $600 for it. I payed $99 on contract (AT&T).

    2) After the WP8 "Portico" update on Nokia Lumia 920, How is phone acting..!! Any issue with rebooting or any issues..!!
    No issues for the most part, at least none that are consistent enough to be considered one.

    3) Need your feedback with regards to Lumia model color.. Black , White or Yellow..!! I liked the Yellow color model.. But its not easily available even in India. How are accessories choices for Phone covers in the market..!!
    I own a red one, and I'd swear by it. I've handled a black one, and it's way to 'slippery'. Plus, the red one looks like a pocket Ferrari.

    4) Lumia 920 got Gorilla glass. So, is it really damage resistant..!! Do i need to use a scratch cover on the glass..!!
    I have absolutely no cover/case on my Lumia 920. The screen and casing are both holding up superbly.

    5) What is your personal view on Lumia 920's Daylight Photos..!!
    The Lumia 920's camera is best in class....hands down.

    6) This point is silly to ask. But should i wait till Nokia's MWC announcement & see if Nokia comes with Lumia 950 or Lumia 1000.. Do any of you think Nokia will release such devices in a month's time..
    I would. Personally, if Nokia has something else lined up, it would definitely be worth waiting for.

    7) Do any have any wierd issues with your Lumia 920.!! Please share
    Wierd??? No. But I'd be lying if I said the inconsistent/insufficient battery life is truly disappointing. Enough so that I'm starting to think that maybe I wasted my upgrade on it. I, too, had a WP7 device, and upgraded as soon as WP8 was released (because I'm not an Android or iOS fan). However, I'm starting to feel hopeless with MS's empty 'promises' as this platform continues to feel as though it is always the red-headed stepchild that always gets left behind.

    I hope to get good number of feedback from forum members, so i can decide accordingly..
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"
    Thanked by:
    Jaripi likes this.
  18. christenmartin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #18  
    1. The price seems pretty average.
    2. The phone has never freeze up, rebooted, etc... Very fast, fluid, and stable OS.
    3. I have the black(bad azz) and my wife has the red(bad azz). They feel different in your hand so does make a difference.
    4. I don't know about "scratch resistant but the screen definitely looks good and there seems to be less smudging and little scratches. I would get a cover. looks to good to cover up.
    5. Really good camera!
    6. Don't wait on the "next" thing because there is always a next thing with tech.
    7. I had some battery issues initially but a hard reset and I am very impressed with the battery life now.

    I did the same thing as you are doing,I trolled wpcentral asking about the 920. I came from a different platform and I have been very impressed with the actual utility of the phone and How it integrates everything together into every app. Get the 920 we will like.
  19. Etios's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #19  
    You can easily get it at Rs.35000-36000, i am assuming you are from india from your currency(Rs), this is a good price for a flagship phone and anyways the prepaid/postpaid tarrifs are dirt cheap in India when compared to other countries where you get on-contract phones.
  20. John Korondy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #20  
    Great phone -- BUT... It crashes several times a day and I am unable to get the new firmware. My Lumia 920 (open phone) is on the Vodafone network in Hungary. Nokia tells me see my network provider. Vodafone does not have the Lumia 920 here yet, so no firmware. Grrrrrr. Do NOT buy the Lumia 920 unless you can get the latest firmware!!! The nearest warranty service is conveniently located on the other side of the planet, in the Philippines -- no global warranty like with the iPhone. THIS SUCKS!!!!!
  21. hipporama's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    252 Posts
    #21  
    I'm guessing you're from India (like me). I've had the 920 since Jan and absolutely love it. It's given me no problems whatsoever and the camera is just stunning. I would suggest a screen protector though, since mine got scratched when a friend was playing around with it.

    But then again, If I were you I'd wait and see what Nokia is going to announce this month and then take a call.
  22. ktl88's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    151 Posts
    #22  
    1) Is Lumia 920 a good device to buy for Rs 37,000 (685 US Dollars). Is it worth the money for a windows phone.
    I personally wasn't very happy spending Rs. 36K for this phone, because in the back of my mind I knew others in Contract can get it cheaper! Damn, why no contracts in India! :)
    I love my Lumia 920. Bought it for Rs. 36,000 on the first week of the launch. You can now get it for 36,000 with a free wireless charger which I didn't get that time! :(
    This free wireless charger is an awesome deal. This offer is available on Flipkart and Saholic.

    2) After the WP8 "Portico" update on Nokia Lumia 920, How is phone acting..!! Any issue with rebooting or any issues..!!
    When I bought the phone, it used to randomly shut down every now and then. It was extremely irritating. But after the latest firmware update - 1308, not one single reboot. Hourrahhh! :)

    3) Need your feedback with regards to Lumia model color.. Black , White or Yellow..!! I liked the Yellow color model.. But its not easily available even in India. How are accessories choices for Phone covers in the market..!!
    I love my black. Back then when I bought, only black was available. Love the matte finish.

    4) Lumia 920 got Gorilla glass. So, is it really damage resistant..!! Do i need to use a scratch cover on the glass..!!
    Preferably use a screen guard and be on the safe side. Many people who keep keys and phone in the same pocket have regretted their decision of not using a screenguard. You can also use a bodyguard from here: Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Full-Body Invisible Shields | Gadgetshieldz India
    I'm ordering the above bodyguard soon.

    5) What is your personal view on Lumia 920's Daylight Photos..!!
    No complain. Love it!

    6) This point is silly to ask. But should i wait till Nokia's MWC announcement & see if Nokia comes with Lumia 950 or Lumia 1000.. Do any of you think Nokia will release such devices in a month's time..
    You can always play this wait and buy game. Indians often wait for the new model to be launched, so that the old model's price comes down and they buy the old model. It's your choice.

    7) Do any have any wierd issues with your Lumia 920.!! Please share
    If I have anything to complain, it is the battery life. I always feel like having this beautiful smart phone in my hand and playing with it - but unfortunately the battery life won't allow me to do it. But the battery will last a day with moderate use.

    Bottom line:
    A great phone. Go for it if you are willing to shell this big amount of money, and if an average day's battery life is ok for you.
    PS: Note that most smartphones anyway give you an average day of battery life.
  23. Topacciolo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #23  
    1) Its never worth the money. I bought mine.... so im the last one to talk but its always a luxury... If you love tech and mobile than yes but honestly a 620 or a 720 will do the same job.
    2) No issue. Never had to reboot it once.
    3) Black all day. I dont like the glossy finish. The mat black is gorgeous and you get a better grip. Because its curved at the back if you pit is somewhere not flat its not a stable phone but at the same time in the hand it feels much better because because its curved...
    4) i Had iphone for a long time and without gorilla glass i never scratched my screen so i definitely dont put any on the 920. The screen is so nice that its a shame to cover it up with anything. I always insure my phone so in case i really do some damage i get it changed.
    5) 9/10 i would say. Maybe just because the pump the came up so much that you are expecting miracles which it does in low light but in normal light my girlfriend iphone 5 does exactly the same pictures
    6) The 928 is coming out but i think it will take a good 5/6 month before seeing a really new Lumia. The 928 looks to me like the iPhone S versions... an improvement but not a new phone but im not an excerpt on market and stuff so its just my opinion.
    7) Calendar is a pain.... for the rest i never had to look for Apps to much.... The phone itself for now is flawless. I read about the dust in the front camera and the proximity sensor but it didnt happen to me yet. I also read that Nokia is aware of the issue and if you have any problem and you take phone in the have a fix for it now for free so im not very worry.

    My opinion is get it. Its a lovely phone and it works very well. APPs are coming fast and the more people will support the new system and the better it will get!!!!!
  24. #25  
    You guys realize that OP created this thread 3 months ago?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.


    Thanked by:
    ktl88 

Similar Threads

  1. Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...950 will have a 12 mp camera
    By AlphaRonin in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
  3. My story to try to get Lumia 920
    By almard in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM
  4. My story to try to get Lumia 920
    By almard in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:22 AM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B