Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gerbilly
  • 3 Post By bear_lx

About as rare as hen teeth, and I am still unable to get a genuine nokia SP.

Stuff like this from nokia and there inability to sell a great product properly with a good choice of accessories is very annoying.

Don't they want my money?

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    PhantomSkinz makes a screen protector (and body protectors in clear, chromatic, and wood grain) perfectly die cut for many phones including the Lumia 920.

We have full front and back covers on both of our L920s. Check them out at http://www.phantomskinz.com.

im in the uk though.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I think they concentrated more on making a screen that doesn't scratch easily instead of making a screen protector. I am not even sure Apple has an "official genuine" screen protector for the iPhone 5 but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjalsma View Post
    I think they concentrated more on making a screen that doesn't scratch easily instead of making a screen protector. I am not even sure Apple has an "official genuine" screen protector for the iPhone 5 but I could be wrong.
    nope you are not wrong. Nokia do have an official listed SP, sc-105 I think the product code is but I cant get it anywhere, even Nokia head honcho for the UK could find any for me.
    My 920 before i sent it away due to an issue with light leakage had two small scratches on the screen, despite being total babied. It still gets scratches, gorilla glass or not.
    gbbg likes this.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Why use official ones when there are better after market ones, like the Zagg Invisible Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnny4 View Post
    Why use official ones when there are better after market ones, like the Zagg Invisible Shield?
    I dont want full body ones which are difficult to put on, just a screen protector.

Plus they arent available in the UK.

I got mine from an EE store. They do look to be extremely rare online though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbilly View Post
    I dont want full body ones which are difficult to put on, just a screen protector.

Plus they arent available in the UK.
    I believe this is the item you're looking for. Google search my friend........TotallyMobile.co.uk - Clear Screen Protector Twin Pack For Nokia Lumia 920
    Black Lumia 920 EE
    T-mobile UK

Quote Originally Posted by greycounciller View Post
    I believe this is the item you're looking for. Google search my friend........TotallyMobile.co.uk - Clear Screen Protector Twin Pack For Nokia Lumia 920
    Question though about this "genuine" SP

does it curve on the edges to cover them

edit: Nvm, I just read it's description, wet application.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    how can a screen protector curve and stay stuck on?
    i havent heard of any such screen protector

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I've tried many different screen protectors, these are by far the best 6x Schutzfolien UltraClear fr Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

Dont have weird colouration like the chinese ones, look perfectly normal, even have a slight hourglass shape to deal with the curved glass. Also REALLY thin!!
    And cheap! (Yes they do scratch, but with 18 packs costing $3 you can swap a new one in every month!)

it is but it is out of stock!

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Unfortunately your best bet is probably ebay or amazon. I believe you said your in the U.K. anyways stay away from the imoshi removable screen protector, due to glass on the sides turning it doesn't stay on at all and heard it really dims the screen!! I just got a ZAGG dry screen protector, they put it on for my at ATT here, I was debating on removing it because the dry ones leave a faint line on the bottom of the phone below the keys, but for now I will keep it on, I was going to just say screw it and go naked, but my OCD is horrid!! Again amazon is probably your best bet! Also my screen protector is on their like a champ!!! It doesn't peel at all!!! For now have a basic back case for protection that snaps on, but you can still run your hands around the edge of the screen and so far so good!!! Good luck!

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'd be interested in everyones experiences with the official one if they do purchase one. I've read extremely varied reviews on most screen protectors (texture, bubbles, screen distortion, etc.)

Global Posts
    1,319 Global Posts
    im sure you meant "bing" search... right?
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

I have a Skinomi one bought from amazon... for all i know it's pretty much the same as invisible shield HD. it's very smooth and fingers glides easily.
    VERY in-depth Surface 2 VS Surface RT: http://youtu.be/93mCnCNZuKY
    Surface Wireless Adapter unbox / in-depth look: http://youtu.be/UIrP4aeyv0U
    Surface Wireless Adapter + Typing Cover = generic keyboard & mouse: http://youtu.be/iPo_fym6bUk
    Lumia 920 PureView OIS explained: http://youtu.be/BOkkiKx36YU
    Tutorial: how to unlock Lumia 920: http://youtu.be/-79nDN3s-pc
    Lumia 920 loose battery FIX: http://youtu.be/MpS2XncKxSU

I too have been searching high and low for a reputable UK supplier. Got nowhere. Amazon do the military shield but shipping was over 20! How come nobody stocks a quality one? I tricky d a cheap one, last a few days.

I can cope with it not being an official Nokia one, but I insist on a good brand. That wet application military one had some good reviews.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I too have been searching high and low for a reputable UK supplier. Got nowhere. Amazon do the military shield but shipping was over 20! How come nobody stocks a quality one? I tricky d a cheap one, last a few days.

I can cope with it not being an official Nokia one, but I insist on a good brand. That wet application military one had some good reviews.
    Tobe honest, the Armorsuite Military Shield like many others are soon except that it will always leave the tiny nick nack bubbles from your nails etc etc and the "healing" tech they have in it does not actually work. Although, the back of the phone doesn't have that much of if any of them bumps / bubbles / indentation as the front does for some odd reason.

Can't buy them anywhere in Uk. And the scratches are building up on my screen.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

I'm happy with the official screen protector on mine. The quality of it is a lot better than the official HTC one I've got on my Mozart. It's obviously not as nice as bare glass, but still very good. Gaming with it on isn't a problem.

It doesn't cover the whole of the glass because of the curved edges, and because of that, unless you get it totally straight you'll have a tiny bit at the edges that aren't completely stuck down. Normally I find with screen protectors that they attact dust around the edges so they appear white. I've not had that problem at all with the 920.

The super sensitive touch screen also works perfectly with it on.

I ordered one from Extremeguard when there was a 77% off sale (might still be) when you buy 2 or more. Haven't received them yet but will post my exp once I work with it. My previous L920 has a soft scratch due a coin sliding in between the screen and the leather case
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Can't buy them anywhere in Uk. And the scratches are building up on my screen.
    Take my advice and get a cheap one for now, even from eBay, til you get the one you really want.
    I bought a cheap one from eBay and it functions very well for a 10 for 2 affair. They don't fully cover down the sides as I wish and many other posters have said, but have a secure fit with no signs of peeling even after being in and out of my Jeans pocket for the past 2 months.
    The scratches you get now will stay so cover or suffer!!
    Black Lumia 920 EE
    T-mobile UK

Hi folks, new to the forums :)

I picked up a pack of the official screen protectors from the EE store on Newbury high street today. 7.99 for a twin pack, and
    they had 2 packs left. In store might be your best bet if you can find one locally.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    I bought the Vikuiti ADQC27 on ebay. Was about 10$. Doesn't cover the entire screen as usual, but it's smudge proof and transparent at the same time, which is pretty cool.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5