Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I can no longer change orientation between horizontal and vertical on my 920.

Has anyone got a fix for this issue other than a factory reset and hitting to try and get the accelerometer working again? such as maybe reflashing the firmware!

Hi,

Im having the same issue, did you manage to get a fix? I downloaded a sensor diagnostic tool and the accelerometer is completely unresponsive.

Regards
    Ross

I had this happen to me too, post Portico. You could try resetting the phone but that didn't work for me. Reset it 3 times but no joy but try it anyway.
    There is even talk about re-flashing the phone yourself but with the exception of the issue with the accelerometer, my phone worked. I didn't want to risk bricking it because somebody on this forum thought it a good solution. Me, I returned it to Nokia for replacement. It took all of about 3 weeks.

Thanks Tech,

I bought mine from a MS pop up shop in Time Sq, can I return it through MS or go direct to Nokia?

I actually smacked it against and table and that fixed it

I did have a case on the phone so I wasn't worried about damaging it but it seems insane to me that fixed it!

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I would be glad if my phone stopped rotating to horizontal lol

lol, lets swap :D
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverK View Post
    I actually smacked it against and table and that fixed it

I did have a case on the phone so I wasn't worried about damaging it but it seems insane to me that fixed it!

I remember in the 90's when my 56k modem was slow I would hit the monitor and it would magically make it go faster... my 56k modem was below the desk with the PC. No idea how it worked 😃
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro