- 02-14-2013, 11:22 PM #1
Having spent 2 days with my Lumia 920 and WP8 I am already missing my N8 (no symbian bashing please). Apart from the horrendous battery life and crazy reboots (at least thrice a day) I still love my Yellow Lumia 920 (Is it odd for a guy to have a yellow colored phone?. Many people seem to think so :P).
Though I have made my peace with the above issues (hoping MS/Nokia will fix it soon) I am still trying to come to terms with the few minor things that seems new to me.
I am opening this thread to see how many others are feeling the same way with other minor things.
1. The music player volume is tied to the ringer/OS volume - Found it out the hard way :(
2. There is no way to remove the snooze from the alarm other than stopping the alarm all together
3. When the alarm rings say, after 2 snooze it still shows the time the alarm was set for and not the current time.
4. Bluetooth - The option wouldn't even show in the share options unless you have BT turned on, same with NFC
5. Vibrate - The phone vibrates only for the first 2 seconds of the ring and just sticks to ring when set to ring+vibrate
6. Picture - There is no option to see the properties/details of the pic. Basic info like data & time of capture,resolution etc. Not the even the freakin name of the file
p.s: There might actually a way around for the above which I might not be aware of, being a WP newbie.
Last edited by nokia3660; 02-18-2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added a few more annoyances
02-15-2013, 02:31 AM #2
- 26 Posts
The reboots are not normal, my phone has never rebooted by itself, some people experience it,I would take it back for a repair if it was mine, especially if it happens without any additional apps installed.
If yellow was the colour of choice for my phone, I wouldn't care what other tought about it, and in my eyes it is not odd for a guy to have a yellow phone:-) People are to used to black and white Phones, it is great that Nokia has different colours on their phones.
I too hope they fix the volume, so we get seperate volume for ringtones and Music.
02-15-2013, 02:57 AM #3
- 13 Posts
When you hit the back button it vibrates a little. Is there any way to keep it from vibrating? It gets a little annoying vibrating when you hit the back button several times? One more question. To close an "active" application. Is the only way to close an application is to hit the back button several times or is there a quicker way I do not know of?
- 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM #5
I am still having some iPhone withdrawals but I am hanging tough and hoping I won't cave and change my sim back to my iPhone. I love almost everything about my L920. My problem is that I was So fast doing everything on my iphone but I think that was because I used it for many years. With My Lumia I am slow at getting it out and ready for a fast picture. I found I am doing better since I put it in an Otterbox case because I was too worried about scratching my bright red phone. I still need to get my Pictures off my iPhone and put the favorites on to my 920. How? Need to tweak a few things and figure out how to" hang-up" when a call is over. When my call is over I have a blank screen. then I am searching for an "end." button. I downloaded a free ringtone and noticed that it would constantly turn my volume down to "O" bars. BLAH BLAH BLAH. . .
02-15-2013, 09:15 AM #6
- 806 Posts
Send your iPhone pics to SkyDrive.
2. WP hangs up calls automatically, just like any other phone. There is a "end call" button alongside the "mute, hold and speaker buttons.
3. Your volume reaching zero, I have no clue. Especially if its related to a ringtone. If anything check your "turn over to silent" feature.
- By iMlindberg in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2012, 10:49 AM
- By percistratus in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 3Last Post: 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
- By phendrome in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 6Last Post: 02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
- By btbam91 in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 11-29-2011, 12:03 AM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 11Last Post: 10-27-2011, 02:09 AM