02-14-2013, 04:37 PM #1
- 2 Posts
Hello, I realize there's been a few similar posts in the past about this, but I've noticed that 2 of my 3 live tiles (yes, I only have 3 live tiles!) have stopped working (Weather and LeMonde.fr in case of interest). I've tried uninstalling/re-installing, turn off/on location, cleared the IE cache and soft resets, but to no avail alas. Short of a hard reset, is there any other way of fixing this (assuming it can be fixed)?
- 02-14-2013, 04:54 PM #2
On occassion, mine will go several hours without updating. Once I notice it, I will soft reset and typically they will resume working after a bit. Sometime, I have to clear the cache, or re-size the tile, but that is all it ever takes for me.
My suggestion is to soft reset, let it boot, then ignore it for a bit. Sometimes, waiting for tiles to update is like watching for water to boil...
02-14-2013, 05:08 PM #3
- 108 Posts
Live tiles and lock screen apps are gimmicks. If you read the reviews from all the highest rated apps you'll find that none of the tiles update and the lock screen apps are a joke. Microsoft needs to stick to computers because Windows is broken when it comes to providing a quality mobile experience. In fact, any time you see someone with a WP check their lock screen, I'll guarantee it hasn't updated in hours or even days.
- By leeo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 09-26-2013, 05:52 AM
- By Tbonenga in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 11-10-2012, 09:54 AM
- By mattmagoo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
- By loribinca in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 16Last Post: 05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
- By puredrive07 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM