Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    What's the battery life on these like? I'm a moderate user.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    There are several threads and discussions on the 920 battery life. Take a look.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/search.php?searchid=1053898

I'm getting about 2 days (~40 hours) with moderate use.

Most days I get home home from work with atleast 60-70% left after taking of the charger around 730 am

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts
    I'm lucky to get 10 hours

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    16 hours puts it between 10 - 20 % and it wants a charger for the night.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    wp_ss_20130214_0001.jpg
    today is one of those days that battery is great.
    well, I'll just reply my experience here but I know they are multiple threads on this topic :)

I had my phone for a full week now.
    Battery life really got me scared at first!!! had unexplainable drains

I did a 2 full discharges where one really had the phone shutdown.
    and now I get great timings!
    BUT
    I had issues with SKYPE notifications. (didn't get them anymore) and so I uninstalled SKYPE. Now I have great battery life!

NFC is off
    bluetooh is off
    I'm on 3G (don't really need faster seriously...) & wireless is on
    I've got 4 e-mail accounts set to 1 hour sync
    background apps: weather, battery, ski app, hello friends (set to refresh lock screen every 24 hours)

SO again I blame the drain on SKYPE and also probably because after 1 week I've trained the battery a bit

here's a phone after a full discharge
    wp_ss_20130208_0001.png

phone today after nightly charge and full day on battery. OK I admit had only a few calls and a minimum of surfing
    wp_ss_20130214_0001.png

I'm sure there are days when drain will be heavier... but when I don't use my often, I would expect to come home with a phone at least still 50% charged.

so my advice is if you experience drain, try disabling apps that run in background or apps that are setup to receive notifications. It could very well be one of these. Don't blame the phone directly, nor the OS running it

Battery in my Lumia 920 is great, really impressed!
    You can find my lock screen photos for Windows Phone here: http://sdrv.ms/V8CjCo :)

Got new replacement Lumia 920 three days ago and I have to say that battery life of this phone is way better than the one before. Old one was constantly rebooting and thats why I got new phone (at first they just updated the Portico, but that didn't help).

But anyways, its now 48h since last overnight charge and I have still 36% left. Haven't been using the phone too much, few calls, sms, just 20 photos, some playing ja little www. I also downloaded few countries to Nokia Drive. I don't have e-mail yet, but otherwise I have everything ON (bt, wlan, location, NFC)

So I am very pleased for this one. Previous phone took approx. 1% battery in 1h standby (when nfc, bt, wlan etc. off). This phone takes less than that with everything on.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    So im getting really bad battery life? I listen to music, tweet a bit, use flux reader for around 15-20 mins. And WhatsApp. Barely any calls. And the battery goes into battery saver by 12. Removed it from a full charge at 730 am.

Mix of 3g and 2g

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    And yes Bluetooth, nfc, sensitive screen all off. Wifi on half the time.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The batterylife on the Lumia 920 is AMAZING!! I normally get 2+ days without charging it, even with listining to music, surfing, playing games, using the camera and sending texts :)
    My old Nokia N9 only had a batterylife of 12 hours even with a smaller usage than I do with the L920!

But my N9 has a much more restistant screen than my Lumia... Sad.. Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayush_WP View Post
    So im getting really bad battery life? I listen to music, tweet a bit, use flux reader for around 15-20 mins. And WhatsApp. Barely any calls. And the battery goes into battery saver by 12. Removed it from a full charge at 730 am.

Mix of 3g and 2g
    Maybe the mix of 3G and 2G is the reason. Try to set it 2G only and see what happens.

Do you listen via Nokia Mix Radio? If so, then streaming music eats battery. And I assume that if you have bad 3G and it switches between 2G and 3G all the time make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
    The batterylife on the Lumia 920 is AMAZING!! I normally get 2+ days without charging it, even with listining to music, surfing, playing games, using the camera and sending texts :)
    My old Nokia N9 only had a batterylife of 12 hours even with a smaller usage than I do with the L920!

But my N9 has a much more restistant screen than my Lumia... Sad.. Sad...
    Is your mobile network set to maximum connection speed as 3G or 4G ? ... or do you keep it 2G and change when needed ? ... how about wi-fi ? - on, always on or off and changed when needed ?

By the way, I am old N9 user too and I still have it ... but Lumia 920 hardware is clearly better ... :)

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    Is your mobile network set to maximum connection speed as 3G or 4G ? ... or do you keep it 2G and change when needed ? ... how about wi-fi ? - on, always on or off and changed when needed ?

By the way, I am old N9 user too and I still have it ... but Lumia 920 hardware is clearly better ... :)
    I put mine on max. 3G :) and only 4G, if I need to download huge sized files my laptop :p
    Wi-fi is only on when I have to download a game / app over 50 mb, but else it's off most of the time, because I only have a internet connection of 256 kbit at home, and up to 70 mbit on my phone :p
    And I normally charge it at 10 - 13%, and sometimes earlier if I'm not sure if I need to use it a lot :)
    Thanked by:
    Jaripi 
    Jaripi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
    Yeah same goes for me :) Ive had the phone now for about 2 weeks andn all I can say is wow about the batterylife.
    My Lumia 920, with the portico update, litterally Never goes below 36hours of usage and usually it lasts about 2+ days with MY everyday usage.
    Before I had the HTC desire HD so its the only phone I can compare to. When using both phones on a daily basis and doing the SAME amount of things on them (well, only exception is turning on LTE/4G on my Lumia, which uses "more" battery" than 3G, but even then, theres no remarkable difference that I noticed), my HTC dhd battery lasts for approx 1 day and my Lumia 2+ days.

My daily usage - about 1h phonecalls, 1h gaming, checking/writing my msg/mails/facebook 30 times, surfing (usually wifi because I only need to turn on the 4G when on the go somewhere), not so much music though and maybe snapping 3-4 pics every day.

Im a VERY happy Lumia 920 user you can say :)

It's a mixed bag. Some users get good runtime at times and others get terrible runtime.

Some of it is down to use, the other down to some randomness with the phone. For instance my phone used to use 20% battery overnight when doing nothing. Now it looses 0%. Go figure.

I am a moderate user and currently get a days use, which if I game a lot becomes half a days use and if I don't really use the phone, becomes a 1-2 day use. This is similar to my iPhone before.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just checked my phone (been at work for 5.5 hours) and my battery life is horrible:

wp_ss_20130215_0001.jpg

BTW: notice my phone has even been in Airplane Mode without WiFi..... and it's STILL dying!!!! Also, I don't have a single app with background running permissions enabled.
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit11B View Post
    Just checked my phone (been at work for 5.5 hours) and my battery life is horrible:

BTW: notice my phone has even been in Airplane Mode without WiFi..... and it's STILL dying!!!! Also, I don't have a single app with background running permissions enabled.
    Sounds a weird question but... do you make many voice calls?

10-15 hours with moderate to heavy use for me. (Whatsapp, sms, twitter, skype, browsing, listening to music for 30 mins). Plus, I found out that using a static photo on the lock screen boosts battery life on standby greatly!

My battery life is so sporadic. Now granted I don't use it the same amount each and everyday but generally speaking, you'd think there would be some kind of pattern. About half the time the phone is completely dead on its face by 4 or 5pm. The other half, i'll have 60% and 1day of life left at 10pm when i go to bed.

I'm currently at 41% and 1 day and 20 hours since my last charge. I've probably played games a total of 3-4 hours on this charge, although not the most graphically intense of games. About 1-2 hours worth of various apps and browsing. Took a few photos. Some Skydrive use and email and texting.

Battery life has been great for quite some time now. My other Lumia 920 with the broken screen has been in airplane mode for weeks without needing to be recharged.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    My battery life used to be pretty poor, but it has improved after I started leaving it on the charger at 100% for ~30 minutes and turning off wifi when it's not in use. My phone has been off the charger since 6 AM, it's now 3:50 PM and I'm at 85%. This isn't amazing battery life, but it is pretty good considering moderate usage. It's also a big improvement on how my battery life used to be! Overall, I'm finally satisfied with the battery life on my phone.

I typically get around 35-40 hours of normal usage before the battery drains completely. There are some random days (once a month or so) when the battery drains much quicker. A reboot seems to fix the issue and hopefully the next round of updates will iron out these discrepancies. Here is a screenshot from a week ago :-).
    wp_ss_20130128_0002.png
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast