Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. realwarder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    809 Posts
       #1  
    I am just loving my new 920.

    Strangely it not really new, it just feels like it is because my battery has overnight gone from struggling to make it through a day to being a potential multi-day phone.

    I have no idea what happened, but prior to last week (around when the PDF update came from MS), my battery wouldn't last more than a day, sometimes barely making it to lunchtime.

    Now it has got to the end of a couple of days with 75% battery left, and used basically nothing overnight (graphs show a flatline).

    I have no idea what changed after a month, but having a battery that performs similar to my old iPhone is a refreshing place to be.

    Anyone else seen any massive improvements recently?
  2. aggie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    726 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    I am just loving my new 920.

    Strangely it not really new, it just feels like it is because my battery has overnight gone from struggling to make it through a day to being a potential multi-day phone.

    I have no idea what happened, but prior to last week (around when the PDF update came from MS), my battery wouldn't last more than a day, sometimes barely making it to lunchtime.

    Now it has got to the end of a couple of days with 75% battery left, and used basically nothing overnight (graphs show a flatline).

    I have no idea what changed after a month, but having a battery that performs similar to my old iPhone is a refreshing place to be.

    Anyone else seen any massive improvements recently?
    it is very inconsistent, erratic, sporadic, or whatever you want to call it. Mine will do great for a few days and then will chew through the battery in no time. My usage pattern is pretty consistent and I haven't downloaded any new apps that might be a burden on the battery so I'm really not sure what it is. Signal shouldnt be an issue as I'm in the same area every day.
  3. realwarder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    809 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie99 View Post
    it is very inconsistent, erratic, sporadic, or whatever you want to call it. Mine will do great for a few days and then will chew through the battery in no time. My usage pattern is pretty consistent and I haven't downloaded any new apps that might be a burden on the battery so I'm really not sure what it is. Signal shouldnt be an issue as I'm in the same area every day.
    Yes, mine was consistently poor but for the last few days has had a new life and performed perfectly, hence this post. I guess this is just evidence of the randomness of the battery issue but also shows that the same phones can get normal battery life and poor battery life which brings hope to all experiencing this.
  4. christenmartin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    #4  
    Mines been inconsistently "good since I did a hard reset. I think half my problem is battery sense is all over the place. I deleted and reloaded battery sense this morning because of the % drain was not reflection % of battery life, Battery % was staying high and % drain was a little to high, and battery % jumped 5% and % drain dropped way down. Ehh....
  5. WavingReds's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    694 Posts
    #5  
    Hmmm I can't say I've had battery problems.

    Mine's been more than good, 24h+
  6. scottitude's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #6  
    I think part of the problem is that the battery levels displayed through the settings or battery monitoring apps are approximations rather than accurate readings and that we, as owners, believe a 30% reading really means 30%.

    According to past readings I was eating up to 20% per hour with very little usage. Last weekend I was playing a game, got distracted, and put the phone down while the game was still running. Needless to say, this fully drained the battery to the point where it wouldn't even boot when it started charging. Took about 20 minutes to get enough of a charge for it to boot itself.

    Since completely draining the battery I now get 18 to 24 hours before it drops below 30%.

    Mrs. 'tude was complaining about her battery so last night when her phone was at 16% I opened Nokia Music and played tunes and games until the battery died... 4.5 hours later!

    That's why I think some of the battery "problems" are more perceptions than realities.

    My phone has been off the charger for 8 hours today and I'm at 85% with "1 day 6 hours left".

    Maybe I just got lucky but it would be interesting to know from others if they see any improvement after completely draining their battery.

    Now, if it could just sync with Zune my Lumia 920 would be the greatest phone ever!
  7. realwarder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    809 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post

    Maybe I just got lucky but it would be interesting to know from others if they see any improvement after completely draining their battery.
    I did this a few times early on but it didn't change anything. And generally fully draining a Li-ion is not recommended. Of course most phones turn off the battery quite a bit above full discharge otherwise the return rates from daily full cycled batteries would be high.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 09:12 PM
  2. WIFI problem on my new 920
    By Bartdog in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:17 AM
  3. Problem with Gmail on my new Lumia 920
    By Roy Keren in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 04:35 PM
  5. can not sinc itunes on my pc with my new 920....
    By solofutbol in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 07:06 AM

Posting Permissions

B