Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    I purchased YOUR phone..spent MY money and got an amazing piece of hardware. the only thing letting it down is YOUR programming! Seriously, I bought a phone where:

I want NFC ON
    I want all Background tiles LIVE
    I want 4G
    I want Allways on WIFI
    I want pushed emails

IF I actually get what I want then my battery lasts for only a few hours or so..EH? WTF is up with that!

YES I have turned everything off (even push notifications) and my phone feels like something from the stone age, if I wanted a phone where I had to switch EVERYTHING OFF then I would not get YOUR phone.

PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER

If Blue update doesnt fix this widespread battery drainage issue I will be....urmm...hmm...still a captive consumer monkey that throws good money on good hardware designed by good people let down by ***** software full of bugs. Ever heard of testing?

rant over, im off to bed to dream of a device with 24 hour battery life..who knows, it may be a blackberry!...you have 1 chance..dont blow it.
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 02-12-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: fix title

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Great deal View Post
    I purchased YOUR phone..spent MY money and got an amazing piece of hardware. the only thing letting it down is YOUR programming! Seriously, I bought a phone where:

I want NFC ON
    I want all Background tiles LIVE
    I want 4G
    I want Allways on WIFI
    I want pushed emails

IF I actually get what I want then my battery lasts for only a few hours or so..EH? WTF is up with that!

YES I have turned everything off (even push notifications) and my phone feels like something from the stone age, if I wanted a phone where I had to switch EVERYTHING OFF then I would not get YOUR phone.

PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER

If Blue update doesnt fix this widespread battery drainage issue I will be....urmm...hmm...still a captive consumer monkey that throws good money on good hardware designed by good people let down by ***** software full of bugs. Ever heard of testing?

rant over, im off to bed to dream of a device with 24 hour battery life..who knows, it may be a blackberry!...you have 1 chance..dont blow it.
    You'll find if you have 4G, blutooth, NFC, etc... all on with all live tiles, the battery will die...much like it will with any android phone or iphone....
    Thanked by:
    Jastow 
    giffis and CrackFachry like this.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lipper2000 View Post
    You'll find if you have 4G, blutooth, NFC, etc... all on with all live tiles, the battery will die...much like it will with any android phone or iphone....
    Not true. My Lumia will get scorching hot and burn through its battery in 4-5 hours. My iPhone will last 12-18 hours. There's a bug in either the OS or the firmware that causes Lumias (maybe other WP8 too, not sure) to spin out of control and run at 100% for unknown reasons. This isn't just a settings issue.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,376 Global Posts
    Not experiencing those issues with my 920 on ATT with Portico
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Try turn on NFC and Live Tiles on your iPhone.. Ohh wait.. You can't ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus1976 View Post
    Not true. My Lumia will get scorching hot and burn through its battery in 4-5 hours. My iPhone will last 12-18 hours. There's a bug in either the OS or the firmware that causes Lumias (maybe other WP8 too, not sure) to spin out of control and run at 100% for unknown reasons. This isn't just a settings issue.
    Does iPhone have:
    live tiles? NO.
    NFC? NO.
    4G? only one model has it.

so it isn't a fair comparison at all.
    even microsoft and nokia says to turn off unneeded background apps.
    do you actually use NFC regularly? if not, it should be turned off obviously.
    also, always on wifi is available with lastest Portico update. if you're not updated, it's your carrier's fault.
    Afrim Demolli likes this.
    It is true. I have to admit that the battery on my 920 is worse than my old 4. So sad. It is probably a software bug, but Nokia better fix this asap...

on wp8, you have tons of tiles constantly updating. On your iphone, the most you have is a weather, email and probably fb or stock market app. While on wp8 you have people hub, all integrated message hub, push message from several messaging app, news tiles and countless more.
    ZiiimZooon likes this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have live tiles on, NFC, wifi, LTE, 10 email accounts being pushed, and 7 background tasks and the phone can easily go 2 days on one charge.
    gmlongo and ZiiimZooon like this.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm sorry this thread made me laugh. However my phone is fine. I get a good 12-13 charge before getting near dead and have everything turned on.
    Thanked by:
    LeLee092 and cgoodpaster44 like this.

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    I just think the whole industry is backwards. The good old blackberrys had 4 days usage without neding to charge, yes the lates phones have better screens, cameras, and 'bloatware' but what is the point of any of it if you cant use it in the real world. If im at work on a friday and go out from work on a friday night and didnt charge it at work then it would be nice to be able to use it after maybe 15 hours to call a cab! Nokia - MAKE ALL YOUR PHONES WITH A REMOVABLE BATTERY..prettty please with a blackberry on top.
    Last edited by Great deal; 02-11-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    on wp8, you have tons of tiles constantly updating. On your iphone, the most you have is a weather, email and probably fb or stock market app. While on wp8 you have people hub, all integrated message hub, push message from several messaging app, news tiles and countless more.
    So? Is that suppose to be an excuse for poor battery?
    Great deal and LeLee092 like this.

The reported battery issues seem to be totally random. I don't have NFC on (nothing to use it on so no point) but WiFi is always on since Portico. I've sent a few messages today including a pic I took, played a few games at lunch, did the usual Facebook browsing/emails/googling on the toilet.
    7 Hours since my last charge and I've got 87% left. My 920 has been like this since day one?!?!?

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Yep its very strange. Guess 8.1 will be the crunch point, I cant wait to start threads about how GREAT the battery life is. I love this damn phone, will be a shame to use it as a door stop.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    I agree the battery life could be better but I have LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, live tiles and email on. Tap & Send is off because I have no use for it. My phone will get warm occasionally if I talk for a long time but not what I would call hot. I put it on the wireless charger at night, restart in the morning and it lasts all day. That is all I really need it to do. I've owned other phones where I carried a spared battery and swapped it out during the day. Obviously some people are having a battery problem with the 920 but not everyone.

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Great, i fear its rather a case of some people having no problems but most are. I work from home so have wifi switchedon, ive put all my emails to manual as i use a desktop all day, all background tasks are off, NFC is off, ive got it on 3G. IE is closed properly, Ive reset it then swithed it off and on, ive got the latest software and the damn thing still leaks power faster than dear Liza's bucket leaks water :/

anyways, enough ranting from me and im tired of seeing so many thrreads about battery issues as overall its a great phone and have to give MS/Noika a chance. But they better not screw it up!

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    OMG RAGE-GASM!

Come on. If you want 4 days worth of use, go pick up an old BB. They're cheap on eBay. But if you want the advanced functionality of a modern smartphone, there's no way you're going to get away without charging it every day. The hardware is too powerful and the OS has too much going on, whether it's WP, kOS, or Android.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I've never had an iPhone last all day with usage (stock monitoring, email, forum apps, sms, phone, and probably more), stock or jailbroken, and my 920 is no different, except occasionally it will ast over a day. Twice a month, if I had to guess, the battery does drain faster than normal (not sure why). Most of the time I can go partially into the next day without a charge...not so much with the iPhones I used. Its a smart phone, not a 2001 flip-phone with minimal capabilities and is not going to last days on a single charge. I have an old Sony Ericsson radio phone I'll sell you if extended battery life is what you need (its 3G 😁).
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Still no update and am about to trade mine for another iPhone. Hate apple but need this phone to work. Separate volume controls would be a god send for me and a Facebook app that works and Firefox.
    I have been using Lumia 920 since one month..

Heating is there but battery life is around 10-12 hrs

I have heavy 3G usage...some gaming and music..

I keep my NFC disabled, Nokia drive is off and switch off wifi when not in use..

Any smartphone with such a high resolution screen, live tiles, always on WiFi...should have rapid battery drain

This should definitely improve with future updates...I feel being patient and judicious use of your device will help..

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    If my 920 didn't last all day with normal use I would look into the Huawei Ascend W1 which Huawei claims has a 1,950mAh battery and gives the Ascend W1 up to 19.6 days of standby time "the longest on the market for this type of phone." If I didn't like that phone I would get a Galaxy Note II where I can swap out the battery.
    Great deal likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    If my 920 didn't last all day with normal use I would look into the Huawei Ascend W1 which Huawei claims has a 1,950mAh battery and gives the Ascend W1 up to 19.6 days of standby time "the longest on the market for this type of phone." If I didn't like that phone I would get a Galaxy Note II where I can swap out the battery.
    Or the Ativ?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    So? Is that suppose to be an excuse for poor battery?
    not an excuse. Actually for dummies to understand you pay for what you use, and dont complaint non issue.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have NFC enabled, 4g, multiple live tiles, and background tasks.. Get about 13 hours of hard use while I stand at work..
    LeLee092 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast