Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

What's the "blue" update?
    Developer

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    If i buy a Ferari, advertised as the latest and greatest, fantastic radio, amazing top speed, air conditioning, convertible and efficient engine and a large fuel tank then great, I know that if I drive at top speed with all the gizmos active my MPG is going to be low. but not so low that its unuseable as a car. Thats the PROBLEM with the 920. it has great features..but WHAT is the point of having all the nice things IF you CANT use them for more than 8 hours? I absolutely refuse to listen to anyone who thinks that a battery life of less than 8 hours with moderate/normal use (but everything turned on) is 'normal' it is NOT and you are only justifing to yourself after spending money on something that is BELOW the standard (way below) compared to an iPhone (which I have) a Galaxy Nexus (which I have) and a Blackberry (ok not really a smartphone) The fact is 920 has great features but **** battery consumtion. question is, will/can they fix it? Yes then great!!! we/I own one of the best phones out there. If No then its a nice expensive door stop. time will tell.
    Developer

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    What's the "blue" update?
    Major update and new features in a few months :) and 'hoping' a fix to the battery issues. WP* is well known to have been released as a 'rush' and Blue is meant to give the functionality as it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Great deal View Post
    Major update and new features in a few months :) and 'hoping' a fix to the battery issues. WP* is well known to have been released as a 'rush' and Blue is meant to give the functionality as it was meant to be.
    So this is a post Portico update? Is there a thread anywhere containing details?

Thanks. I had seen that headline on the front page, but had never read the article. As long as they keep making net improvements, I'll be happy.
    Great deal likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    So? Is that suppose to be an excuse for poor battery?
    My phone easily lasts me all day with WiFi on and 4 push email accounts. I don't keep NFC on because I am not using NFC all day. I don't use it at all actually.

I'm not aware of any phone that doesn't take a dramatic hit to battery life if you insist on leaving absolutely everything on all the time whether you are using it or not. If this is a problem for you, perhaps you should look at something like the Motorola Razr Maxx which has a 3300 mah battery I believe.

I'm confident that most people have enough sense to turn off features they generally don't use frequently if they want more battery life. I also expect future updates to the OS will fine tune the battery life, as this seems to be what happens with other phone OS's.

Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    Not experiencing those issues with my 920 on ATT with Portico
    Same here, I have all that stuff turned on and my battery lasts all day. :) (Lumia 920 with Portico)
    Developer

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Guess I had a bad day when I started this thread hehe. Comeon MS and Nokia, were all rooting for you! ...its an open goal, dont miss!!!!....please?

When I was in an LTE area over Christmas, my phone would do good to last 6-8 hours under moderate to heavy use with everything turned off. Maybe that's not abnormal, but it was a dramatic reduction in battery life in comparison to what I experience in non LTE areas.

Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    When I was in an LTE area over Christmas, my phone would do good to last 6-8 hours under moderate to heavy use with everything turned off. Maybe that's not abnormal, but it was a dramatic reduction in battery life in comparison to what I experience in non LTE areas.
    I'm on LTE all the time in my area. I have all of the above settings turned on except NFC (I don't use it). And my battery lasts all day long.
    Thanked by:
    WinFan1 and Great deal like this.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lipper2000 View Post
    You'll find if you have 4G, blutooth, NFC, etc... all on with all live tiles, the battery will die...much like it will with any android phone or iphone....
    I haven't used an Android device in years, but I can tell you from my experience (I own both an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920) the iPhone 5 blows the Lumia 920 out of the water when it comes to battery life. For those that say the iPhone doesn't have live tiles, don't forget that a lot of iOS apps use push notification - almost synonymous to live tiles.
    Last edited by explosive012; 02-11-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hoil View Post
    I have NFC enabled, 4g, multiple live tiles, and background tasks.. Get about 13 hours of hard use while I stand at work..
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Same here.

OP how long have you had your Lumia and how many times have you charged the battery? Keep toping it off don't let it drain just keep bump charging it for a few days see if your battery life goes up. Keep in mind that wireless charging can overcharge the battery so take it off the charger as soon as you can after it reaches full charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    Same here.

OP how long have you had your Lumia and how many times have you charged the battery? Keep toping it off don't let it drain just keep bump charging it for a few days see if your battery life goes up. Keep in mind that wireless charging can overcharge the battery so take it off the charger as soon as you can after it reaches full charge.
    I don't believe that wireless charging BS. I leave mine on the wireless charger over night and never have issues. I'm going to test it tonight, bit I'm pretty sure when I wake up in the morning its not still showing the charging indicator.

It would be ridiculous to expect users to babysit the charging devices to see when its at 100%.

I feel my battery life has actually gotten better over time.
    Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    I'm sorry this thread made me laugh. However my phone is fine. I get a good 12-13 charge before getting near dead and have everything turned on.
    same, and by battery lasts for a day easily!

OP, you may just have some problems with your handset, like many others around here. I received few days ago a replacement phone (for an unrelated matter). This second one has a much, much better battery life. With moderate-low usage I can go 48 hrs, while with the first one I was close to 20% after 12 hrs.

On the other hand, too many apps and all features ON will eventually drain the battery. Everything has a limit: just try plugging in and turning ON major appliances (electric oven, vacuum cleaner, AC, a laser printer) and you may end up tripping the main breaker.
    Developer

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    OP, you may just have some problems with your handset, like many others around here. I received few days ago a replacement phone (for an unrelated matter). This second one has a much, much better battery life. With moderate-low usage I can go 48 hrs, while with the first one I was close to 20% after 12 hrs.

On the other hand, too many apps and all features ON will eventually drain the battery. Everything has a limit: just try plugging in and turning ON major appliances (electric oven, vacuum cleaner, AC, a laser printer) and you may end up tripping the main breaker.
    I wanted to test this...im sitting here at 11am..all lights are on, every gadget and device is on, ive hooked up my exercise bike with a dynamo feeding extra into the mains...i am getting tired...
    Last edited by Great deal; 02-12-2013 at 05:59 AM.
    This thread is a TRUE inspiration for me. I have been sleepless for so many nights in a row. Now I know what I need to do. I am going to write a forum post to BMW on money super market dot com, and let BMW finally know, why on earth can I not keep my music player on all the time, heating on all the time, phone charger on all the time, GPS screen on all the time, my tiny TV for back seat passengers on all the time AND keep the engine running all the time without needing to change my battery every few days and fuel every few hours!! It feels like I am using a bullock cart right now. Come on BMW, if I wanted a bullock cart, I won't be buying YOUR car.

Please let me know if BMW guys read their own forums more frequently than money super market dot com's forums by any chance.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    socialcarpet and Great deal like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    I haven't used an Android device in years, but I can tell you from my experience (I own both an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920) the iPhone 5 blows the Lumia 920 out of the water when it comes to battery life. For those that say the iPhone doesn't have live tiles, don't forget that a lot of iOS apps use push notification - almost synonymous to live tiles.
    23 pages worth of posts - I felt suffocated even being on that website, but you are welcome to see how everyone agrees to your comparison of blowing out of water - https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:

i want file manager
    i want better and frequent improvement/update
    i want better apps
    i want apps can install to sd card

i only hope these....microsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylai View Post
    i want file manager
    i want better and frequent improvement/update
    i want better apps
    i want apps can install to sd card

i only hope these....microsoft
    Maybe try this -

Add a File Explorer

Own the update process

Manage "Other storage" on internal storage, install apps and save files on SD cards

i read those page before, well maybe this time i need to comment it :)

For File Manager, please vote on this suggestion.
    It has more votes, and also its on the Hot ideas list (First page of windowsphone uservoice site)
    Quote Originally Posted by Great deal View Post
    That's incorrect. This is exactly how you end up expecting a Ferrari and not a phone.

To start with Blue is updates roll out for Windows 8 primary with Windows Phone 8 on side making two OS feel integrated much closely. Also, it isn't anything in near future. We haven't even got 8.1 yet. Blue is the name of their strategy of updates, not any single update that will come in any near future. You are looking at something that starts rolling out December 2013 or so. So no - blue is NOT going to fix your battery issues.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylai View Post
    i read those page before, well maybe this time i need to comment it :)
    You NEED to Vote. Not comment. Comment means nothing but extra bandwidth. Use your votes and vote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast