Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

So I hard-reset my phone earlier and it bricked (spinning cogs 4eva, yo) so I decided to flash it to the latest firmware, all worked well and I'm back on my phone.

However when all my apps were automatically downloading (which is great) I noticed a few had an error, I paid no notice and just cancelled them, none stood out which I can notice. But now that I go into my Games I'm noticing Sonic CD isn't there, which I got for free thanks to Nokia and when I try to get it again I get an error which says it's unavailable "this might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your country/region.".

Which is odd as, as I said, I had the game before. Anyone know why this is?

EDIT - Okay after having a look at some stuff I notice I'm not running the Portico update (no sleep WiFi option), even though I installed the latest firmware from Navifirm. My phone says it's up to date... am I fooked?
    It seems that have the spinning cogs, just leave the phone til it powers off, and when re-powered up, it starts up as normal.
    Wish I'd done this too instead of a NCC reinstall. It's given me the brightness issue.
    Black Lumia 920 EE
    T-mobile UK

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I had the brightness issue as well as others before I hard-reset, it's why I did it. But now I kinda wish I didn't as I'm Portico-less and don't know how to fix!

Kay I found a different restore with my colour & network, I'll try recovering again & see if it helps.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Okay so I used the other firmware (which WAS the Portico - silly me). Not sure why the update was showing I was up to date though.

Anyway, my brightness is still all over the place though so I guess I'll just stick to a setting of low.
    I find the brightness issue a massive one coz it only came after a reinstall from my NCC.
    Otherwise, thus phone is working perfectly.
    Black Lumia 920 EE
    T-mobile UK

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I had it as soon as I updated to Portico via the phone!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    "this might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your country/region.".

which region you are on right now !!give it a try and change to USA ..
    and for the update you will get it later , don't wory you will get , still there are a lot of people did not get the update till now !

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    My point was that I had the availability of this app before I hard-reset and re-flashed!

It's weird that I don't now!

Ok I have just realised my phone is bricked from the reset. When the battery dies will it be fixed? Or am I vajazzled?
    If I were you I'd leave it til the battery dies first. There are stories of units coming back to life before then. Plus it saves going down the flashing route.