Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zack251
  • 1 Post By MDak280

To all people who are getting around 10-12 hours on wifi, 3G. When you're charging the phone and after reaching 100% let it be charging on the full for 45 mins to 90. This will surely fetch you good results :)

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I also noted this on my unbranded HTC 8X.
    Nerius

Yes, I also found that if I charge at least half an hour after 100%, my battery will stay at 100% for at least 1-2 hours.

What I do, whether it is Windows Phone, Android or Symbian is to use 2G instead of 3G and it improves the battery a lot. Plus the phone won't heat. Just use 3G when needed. Download app for easy 2g-3g switching and pin it to start.
    phonohead likes this.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zack251 View Post
    What I do, whether it is Windows Phone, Android or Symbian is to use 2G instead of 3G and it improves the battery a lot. Plus the phone won't heat. Just use 3G when needed. Download app for easy 2g-3g switching and pin it to start.
    That's what I do as well! Works like a charm!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I use 4G and the battery seems fine.

I only charge at night.

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Hmm, I'll try this, but I read that keeping the phone on the charger when it's at 100% is bad for the battery in the long run.
    Mystictrust likes this.

Heck I'd be happy with 12 hours. I'm currently at 31% and it was 100% 6 hours ago.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uswebworx View Post
    Heck I'd be happy with 12 hours. I'm currently at 31% and it was 100% 6 hours ago.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Yeah, I experience similar results as you with light-medium usage. I have a feeling we got faulty batteries, so I'm thinking about buying a replacement battery.

Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    Hmm, I'll try this, but I read that keeping the phone on the charger when it's at 100% is bad for the battery in the long run.
    Yes, I know that. I did this experiment for the last two nights, every day decreasing the top off time by 15 mins. Today I got a difference of 5 hours ( though I had the wifi always on compared to last night and was on phone call around 3-4 hours ) So it will eventually get there :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    Yeah, I experience similar results as you with light-medium usage. I have a feeling we got faulty batteries, so I'm thinking about buying a replacement battery.
    I don't think the batteries are faulty but the phone doesn't caliberate the battery well, that's why we've seen some people who did hard reset had good results ( hoping a future update will fix this )

There are definite calibration issues with mine. Sometimes when I reboot, the battery seems to "get charged" out of nowhere and I end up with more battery than before my reboot!!! Not sure which indicator was right. Either way is not preferable. So, now when you think you are at 100%, you may not be actually at 100%, so the extra few minutes might help with the charge....

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsharockzzz View Post
    Yes, I know that. I did this experiment for the last two nights, every day decreasing the top off time by 15 mins. Today I got a difference of 5 hours ( though I had the wifi always on compared to last night and was on phone call around 3-4 hours ) So it will eventually get there :)

I don't think the batteries are faulty but the phone doesn't caliberate the battery well, that's why we've seen some people who did hard reset had good results ( hoping a future update will fix this )
    Oh, cool! I hope you're right!

I have a Lumia 810 but thought I'd throw my $0.02 in for what I've done that has helped me (I've had 4 different 810's now, exchanged for horrible battery issues, and I'm tired of exchanging).

Let the battery die completely until the phone shuts off. Turn it back on after it shuts off for good measure, and let it die again if it comes back on and reports some higher number (mine at first reported 16%... which it shouldn't after dying). My phone was great for a week after letting it die but it started getting crappy again... so I let it die a 2nd time. After a full USB charge, my phone has been running for over 24 hours and I'm at 50% battery life. I'm hoping... personal theory here... that after doing this for a while the battery will "adjust" and I won't have to keep letting it die.
    Thanked by:

Last night I took it off right after the charge as I was very sleepy. So, I took off the charging after it hit 100% at 5:50 IST with wifi on. Now it's 11:10 IST it still stands at 99% :) :D

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...MwNWwnI0WPvTAU

In the meanwhile I got 3 full missed calls, FB updates, my 2 mails syncing :) so you need to top off the battery once or twice after that it seems just fine :D
    Thanked by:

Last week, I just turned off all the apps running in the background & my 920 battery has been stellar. Before that, I had about 6 apps or running in the background & not sure which app was responsible for the drain, within 6 hours or so I am down to 30%. I think WP8 battery management has to be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by bt66 View Post
    Last week, I just turned off all the apps running in the background & my 920 battery has been stellar. Before that, I had about 6 apps or running in the background & not sure which app was responsible for the drain, within 6 hours or so I am down to 30%. I think WP8 battery management has to be improved.
    One thing is for sure Whatsapp drains the battery like **** and also editing on lomogram ( but it isn't the case with creative studio and fantasia )

Keeping the phone on the charger after it's fully charged does not hurt the battery anymore. Software controls this now. This used to be the case.

On top of that the L920 uses uses lithium ion polymer batteries; Li-ion batteries have circuits that prevent overcharging as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MS_DOS_3 View Post
    Keeping the phone on the charger after it's fully charged does not hurt the battery anymore. Software controls this now. This used to be the case.

On top of that the L920 uses uses lithium ion polymer batteries; Li-ion batteries have circuits that prevent overcharging as well.
    ...which is why it's extremely curious why, in the Lumia 920 user manual, it states "Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charger, as overcharging may shorten the battery's lifetime" -- I guess you could assume they mean "overall battery lifetime" (as in years), but that would still mean it hurts the battery somewhat. I also have found it odd that battery life has dropped on all my exchanged phones a day or two after they have been left on the charger for extended periods of time. Needless to say, I'm careful to take the phone off the charger as soon as I notice it's at 100% now... I don't imagine leaving it on for an extra 45 minutes would hurt though (the battery seems to have additional capacity beyond 100%, which might be why you can stay at 100% for so long), but I rarely do it overnight.

Either way, letting my phone die on it's own and recharging to 100% has worked for me