Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Definitely yes!

Give some time to WP8, the phone will become even better.

Yes. Definetily. I understand that Nokia has had some build quality issues with Lumia 920, and some people have had various problems with their 920's giving them a bad experience. Maybe I was a lucky one. Sometimes I see little bit of dust under the FFC when I try to look, but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes it's gone and it doesn't seem to affect the video quality. Within 2+ months only couple of reboots, shutdowns and empty batteries. Soft reset a week would probably keep the random hick ups away. I'm very happy with the device. I'm more disappointed with WP8, but I'm hopeful that in time it will get better and better.

YES!!! Best phone I've ever had, absolutely loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by dabdoub81 View Post
    lucky you

I am not a person who ask for features but :
    1- Browser can not open a tab in background is not the best browser !! has no nevagation for youtube video , come on !!
    2- Contact app missing a lot of features to be fine , I don't like to have 3rd party app !
    3- I am really missing fast toggle !! Don't do it microsoft but at least give the developers the ability to ... I am at map app , the app tells me your GPS is not on !! So give me the ability to do it without closing the app , the same for bluetooth when sending photo !!
    4- Setting is missing dozen of Basic setting like sms ringtone , keyboard volume control ....
    5- Maps is outdated , google map much better , and offline nev is *** !!
    6- I don't even want to start talking about apps , you would say that you should have know it before buying !! NO , nokia said that it is working on whatsapp version then nothing !! where is microsoft apps and games that we promised to have !!

when you see the new phone released at the end of this year , then you will know what I am saying !!! and Nokia already knew it and not having a lot of phones manufactured at the release date even though wp8 was late , and also samsung and other phones companies !! as an example No HD display for htc and samsung and No 13 mb camera !!!
    Sorry I am not buying that, I used google maps with my Sony Xperia S ,it was outdated and never had new roads included. Also the pronunciations would annoy the **** out of me.
    I ended up using one you pay for. Nokia is far better in my opinion.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    If the WP8 is updated with 1000x more features including backgrounds, and more apps, yes.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbilly View Post
    Sorry I am not buying that, I used google maps with my Sony Xperia S ,it was outdated and never had new roads included. Also the pronunciations would annoy the **** out of me.
    I ended up using one you pay for. Nokia is far better in my opinion.
    In my country there is a governmental commission have been there for over than ten years and it is not there in the map !!!
    My hospital is a very well known one , My branch have been there for over three years , it is not on the map , you can find in online search but not without !! no trace on tha map itself !!
    theses found them all in google map !! maybe in your country is updated but I think I can't use it

To be honest I like Nokia map and it has the potential to be the best but Nokia has to work on it much more , google is not better than Nokia but google maps is been updating everyday by thousand of users all around the world .

Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    Please explain?
    He's saying your opinion is crazy and for you to say those things you must be on drugs.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    My L920 is the best WP ever. I am a device nut my friends will tell you I change devices like I change pants. I try all the other OS's just to get a comparison. I feel that opinions mean little if you don't have hands on experience. After recently having a GS3, I4S, and GNote the OG I moved to the L920 it is the best device for me and the best WP available at the present time IMHO. I will be keeping my L920 until Nokia comes out with something better.
    Thanked by:
    socialcarpet and nube_android like this.

Yes, but this time with the 41 megapixel camera

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    ....this phone was released in November of 2012....
    SO !!! that was 3 months ago !!
    The phone have been lunched in big country like India less than month ago , and there are couple of country still waiting for it !!

So after 5 month off release you will have S4, M7 , Xperia Z ,LG ... all of them will came wiht full HD screen , 13 mb camera !!!
    People does not care about release date esp when the phone has been launched less than 5 months ago !!!

Beta phone man !!!
    Next year WP8 phones will be stunning !!

Yes and now my wife also wants one. She now has a Samsung Galaxy ... (one of the many types, don't know which). Its an ugly plasticy thing running some old version of Andriod. But once she got her hands on my Lumia she fell in love with the beautiful design and quality of the 920 and the fresh UI of Windows phone. I'm trying to convince her into getting the 620 and save some money haha. But she wants the best of the best... I guess the only two problems we have now is choosing the color and actually getting one. They're still in short supply here in Holland...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Verbaan View Post
    Yes and now my wife also wants one. She now has a Samsung Galaxy ... (one of the many types, don't know which). Its an ugly plasticy thing running some old version of Andriod. But once she got her hands on my Lumia she fell in love with the beautiful design and quality of the 920 and the fresh UI of Windows phone. I'm trying to convince her into getting the 620 and save some money haha. But she wants the best of the best... I guess the only two problems we have now is choosing the color and actually getting one. They're still in short supply here in Holland...
    Let her get the aluminium body or whatever that's going to be announced in MWC in less than 3 weeks time! I know it won't be easy on your pocket, but latest and greatest it is!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Let her get the aluminium body or whatever that's going to be announced in MWC in less than 3 weeks time! I know it won't be easy on your pocket, but latest and greatest it is!
    Will it bring only aluminium body or will it be completely upgraded?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I would chose the Lumia 920 again without a doubt.

At least 75% of the griping I have seen is over minor points or user error. The rest I think Nokia has done it's typically exemplary job of addressing. I had absolutely no problems with my 900 and I have had none with my 920 either.

I am not dissuaded by the litany of complaints I see here, because I visit other forums and I know that any phone forum is primarily a ***** fest. People rarely post on a forum to say everything is great unfortunately. Most people seem to think forums are a complaint department and their pointless griping at an audience which cannot resolve their problem really takes away from the community.
    Thanked by:
    I'd originally bought a Nexus 4 and the L920, sold the Nexus 4 and kept the L920 just because of the glass back and fear of dropping it.
    I know the 920 is just as brittle screen wise, but I kinda wish I stuck to the N4, just for the apps an customization.
    I don't think WP8 will improve that situation because WP8 and Win8 are built with the silly phrase "The Best User Experience" in mind.
    This has led to too many hoops for devs to jump through and difficulty in making apps to run on limited access in the hardware. Maybe this is why many apps already available are just an extension of those already on offer on the phones themselves.
    I hope MS do address this point and we do get to see many of the better mainstream titles appearing on WP8.
    Until then, as good my L920 is, I just get the feeling "the grass is greener on the other side" so wouldn't recommend, YET!!
    Black Lumia 920 EE
    T-mobile UK

Great phone - would buy one again. WP though, needs a few changes to be perfect.

Yes! But if Nokia does release a 41MP floating lense phone, I'd buy it right away.
    Our iPhones, mercifully, are history; my wife and myself love our new 920's. 3 Days in Germany without recharging? That's impressive... Had to be canny with battery life 'though and limit the number of Zombies being killed by plants as I forgot my phone charger - but it was still good for phone calls 3 days later (I turned off a lot of power draining features just in case - apart from PvZ). I am completely sold on Nokia Music; I'm listening to a Reggae mix right now through the Nokia JBL PowerUp Speaker, it's playing wirelessly as well as charging wirelessly - how cool is that? The only downside to the Nokia 920 is cost (I think an 820 on contract is probably better value for money) but as an object of desire to own and use, irrespective of cost, we both love our 920's

yes, great phone, provided you stay away from battery measuring apps ;)

but smasung did chase me away with truly horrible customer service.. assholes

No I wouldn't buy my black 920 again. I would buy it again in yellow ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    I'd probably do it again, but I do want to try out an 8X as well. I may do a trade if someone wants a 900 for their 8X.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Unsure after a week. But with att I have to pay $35 to return
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    No I would not. Its a very overrated phone and I fail to see why people call it the flagship windows 8 phone. I have one in black which I got from amazon UK, paid 529 for it and it is very poor value. The build quality isn't as great as people are making out. The simcard slot on mine isn't flush with the phone, there is a rattle when it vibrates, the headphone jack doesn't always recognise that headphones/Earphones are plugged in and has caused me embarrassment. I think the phone feels tacky, I don't know why the curved glass is being praised as the best on the market. I cant feel any difference between this and my old Titan. No. Not happy at all.

Sending it back to Amazon for an 8X. I don't care if the 8X isn't as fast, or doesn't have the Nokia maps and Nokia drive as I don't use it. HTC Locations on my Titan was brilliant. Build quality on HTC's, aside form the tacky buttons are superior to Nokia.
    Andyshine77 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    Yep. My only alternative is android or ios. This phone is the only phone and os I am not annoyed with constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Newell View Post
    No I would not. Its a very overrated phone and I fail to see why people call it the flagship windows 8 phone. I have one in black which I got from amazon UK, paid 529 for it and it is very poor value. The build quality isn't as great as people are making out. The simcard slot on mine isn't flush with the phone, there is a rattle when it vibrates, the headphone jack doesn't always recognise that headphones/Earphones are plugged in and has caused me embarrassment. I think the phone feels tacky, I don't know why the curved glass is being praised as the best on the market. I cant feel any difference between this and my old Titan. No. Not happy at all.

Sending it back to Amazon for an 8X. I don't care if the 8X isn't as fast, or doesn't have the Nokia maps and Nokia drive as I don't use it. HTC Locations on my Titan was brilliant. Build quality on HTC's, aside form the tacky buttons are superior to Nokia.
    Thanks much for sharing your experiences. I don't care about curved glass too. But my main problem is about the OS for now. Your comment will really be helpful after I decide OS but I still couldn't choose between iOS, WP and even Android (I hate it after using 2 Android phones). Can you talk about your thoughts about WP compared to others?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast