Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2056
Like Tree188Likes
  1. Dratwister's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    162 Posts
    #1076  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    Most of the time my phone will stay at 100% for an extend amount of time, but watch out!! when you get under 100% it will drop like a rock in a few hours. WP8 is a mess!!
    Lucky me, after 99%, it drops like other smartphone...
  2. bashbaliga's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    66 Posts
    #1077  
    I know this issue,has been chewed to death in this forum, but allow me to vent my anger.

    My Nokia turns 2 weeks tomorrow, the phone is solid I'll give you that and didn't find any major issues with wp8 either.

    The only thing hampering my happiness is the stupid battery issues, 2000mAh to power what ? I have to charge my phone 3 times to barely last a day and i consider myself a moderate user.

    Why does browsing wpcentral and baconit require 25 % of battery fir 30 minutes.

    Uninstalled Skype, WhatsApp, nokia drive and what not. No improvement in battery life.

    I have All backgrounds tasks off, i have switched off everything i found in the settings page, battery saver is in always on mode.

    Nope, my phone thinks its not enough,

    I move up a notch, put emails at manual sync and fb at offline always.

    Still horrible battery life and if the battery app is to be trusted i have moments where there's. 41% power consumption per hour.

    Just now realized the super sensitive touch which used to respond to a pencil tip is not working at all

    I'm going to do a hard reset today and the issues better stop.

    After that i guess replacement is the only option.

    I can't believe i put my 5 months savings on this, makes me sad sometimes.
    Andyshine77 likes this.
  3. irvin792's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    OK at this point I've tried everything including a replacement phone. Yesterday I installed Battery because it has an alert that tells you when the battery is darning abnormally fast. In the last 8 hours the alert has chimed three times. I'm done with posting and complaining, I'm done with WP8 and I'm one with the Nokia 920, it and WP8 are dead in the water.

    Take care and goodby.

    Andre.
    bye
  4. kennethsd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #1079  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dratwister View Post
    Lucky me, after 99%, it drops like other smartphone...
    I know what you mean. I always wonder why it drops down so fast after staying at 100% for hours. Sadly, mine now drops 10-20% over night. I don't even know if I should send it back (would be my third). Getting pretty tired of this.
  5. jackbrennan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #1080  
    I experience mega battery drain every now and again. A good example is yesterday: I had 43% by 10:00 and i took it off the charger at 6:45. So that's 3 hours and 15 minutes. However after restarting my phone i lasted the entire day with only 43%.

    However for the most part i get around 1 day out of the battery. I'm usually at around 40% by 23:00 when i go to bed. So, i think on the occasions i get this extreme battery drain it's a background game which i didn't close properly or something like that that's sucking power in the background.
  6. Jaripi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    #1081  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbrennan View Post
    I experience mega battery drain every now and again. A good example is yesterday: I had 43% by 10:00 and i took it off the charger at 6:45. So that's 3 hours and 15 minutes. However after restarting my phone i lasted the entire day with only 43%.

    However for the most part i get around 1 day out of the battery. I'm usually at around 40% by 23:00 when i go to bed. So, i think on the occasions i get this extreme battery drain it's a background game which i didn't close properly or something like that that's sucking power in the background.
    I think that WP8 battery monitor is not really great one - MS should improve it ... if I have a battery drain, I might just restart my cp or to soft reset it (sometimes restart is not enough) - and a surprise, there is usually no real battery drain at all, only a false number of WP8 battery monitor, some will be a proper level after a restart or soft reset ... anyway, I can do easily a full day too and I might end on 40 % battery on the end of a day ...
  7. Gambit11B's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #1082  
    Well, given the fact that there is hardly any mention of battery issues in the HTC 8X section, I say it's pretty safe to assume this is a Lumia 920 issue, not an OS issue. Meaning, the battery life of the Lumia 920 is garbage......simply put.
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"
  8. Jaripi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit11B View Post
    Well, given the fact that there is hardly any mention of battery issues in the HTC 8X section, I say it's pretty safe to assume this is a Lumia 920 issue, not an OS issue. Meaning, the battery life of the Lumia 920 is garbage......simply put.
    ... or maybe HTC 8X is just an 3G phone, not 4G (LTE) phone, in the most countries .. well, Nokia Asha 2G is the best for battery :)
  9. oldpueblo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    660 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    #1084  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    OK at this point I've tried everything including a replacement phone. Yesterday I installed Battery because it has an alert that tells you when the battery is darning abnormally fast. In the last 8 hours the alert has chimed three times. I'm done with posting and complaining, I'm done with WP8 and I'm one with the Nokia 920, it and WP8 are dead in the water.

    Take care and goodby.

    Andre.
    As annoying as this random battery drain can be, there's still no other phone I'd rather use. Sorry it didn't work out for you, good luck.
  10. #1085  
    Hi,

    I know there have been a lot of threads about the battery life on this phone (I've read them all). I have been very patient with the product (actually went through 3 exchanges due to strange one-off issues: warped screen, broken keyboard, etc.) and finally got a phone that I thought worked. Had it for about three weeks and the battery was fine. No issues at all. Then, about three days ago, battery issues starting cropping up. Right now, the phone will basically drain if I were to use the internet for 2 hours straight on wifi. I have NFC off, Drive, etc. background tasks off as well as all of the other things which are often the culprit (brightness of screen, a million apps open at once, etc.). Nothing has changed with my phone over the last week. I'm not going to go to 3G only or disable the 3 live tiles I use.

    The battery is not really experiencing any drain when not in use and did quite well playing a few podcasts on my drive. However, using IE or any other app just seems to really be knocking it down. I tried a soft reset two days ago with no success and want to avoid a hard reset but am willing to do it if it'll solve the issue.

    Just trying to see if anybody else has any ideas? I will be glad to provide any additional info.

    Thanks.
  11. raul_junior's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    233 Posts
    #1086  
    Try draining your battery completely and delete any battery apps just try it
  12. christenmartin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #1087  
    I agree with deleting battery apps. I have found them to be suspect.
  13. KAI3R's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #1088  
    Yes, after installing and going through 3 different battery apps, I have found that each show drastically different times and aren't very reliable which probably explains why I only get 1 hour of battery in the 90-80% range but 5 hours in the 20-10% range.
  14. Baryex86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #1089  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Milstein View Post
    Hi,

    I know there have been a lot of threads about the battery life on this phone (I've read them all). I have been very patient with the product (actually went through 3 exchanges due to strange one-off issues: warped screen, broken keyboard, etc.) and finally got a phone that I thought worked. Had it for about three weeks and the battery was fine. No issues at all. Then, about three days ago, battery issues starting cropping up. Right now, the phone will basically drain if I were to use the internet for 2 hours straight on wifi. I have NFC off, Drive, etc. background tasks off as well as all of the other things which are often the culprit (brightness of screen, a million apps open at once, etc.). Nothing has changed with my phone over the last week. I'm not going to go to 3G only or disable the 3 live tiles I use.

    The battery is not really experiencing any drain when not in use and did quite well playing a few podcasts on my drive. However, using IE or any other app just seems to really be knocking it down. I tried a soft reset two days ago with no success and want to avoid a hard reset but am willing to do it if it'll solve the issue.

    Just trying to see if anybody else has any ideas? I will be glad to provide any additional info.

    Thanks.
    Factory reset helps. Make sure to have full battery charge and backup before doing it. Also, uninstall Skype and make sure to have Stop the Music app if you are using WhatesApp since it uses the music to stay on and it streams data.
  15. #1090  
    Thanks. Don't have Skype, any battery apps or Whats The App. I have tried draining the battery completely a couple of times. I have to test this for a few days, but my battery life seems much better in my apartment than in other locations. I played around with the phone for half an hour and the battery life dropped maybe 5% which is just fine. Everywhere I am in is covered by LTE as I'm in a major city so the phone looking for a connection constantly shouldn't be an issue but very well may be.

    I'm hesitant to do a full reboot unless it is my last option as I have hear things about the phone getting stuck and honestly, I don't want to deal with reinstalling everything right now.

    I just don't understand why it would work just fine for about a month and then go south when nothing has changed. I like this phone but issues such as this are unacceptable and make me wish I had just got an IPhone5.
  16. sawnduz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #1091  
    You may not have to do a full reset. I had a very similar problem, and what worked for me was to delete all of my accounts and then re-log into them. Some of these accounts would constantly be syncing and draining the battery. I also tried all the other suggestions you had indicated you already did (delete skype, other apps) and that didn't do the trick. I would try the account reconciliation.
  17. Squatting Hen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    833 Posts
    Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    #1092  
    Two hours of internet use would drain my battery too. We have two current 920's and I have had one replaced. The battery acted the same on all of them. Internet use drains the battery. Games drain the battery. I have a feeling that is just the way it is.
  18. JerseySal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    549 Posts
    Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Two hours of internet use would drain my battery too. We have two current 920's and I have had one replaced. The battery acted the same on all of them. Internet use drains the battery. Games drain the battery. I have a feeling that is just the way it is.
    Unrelated. Your avatar looks like Joey from NSYNC. LOL
    04bobbleheadsnsyncjoey01.jpg
    Last edited by JerseySal; 03-13-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    ~Sal
    christenmartin likes this.
  19. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #1094  
    Normally when you get a new phone, you should let the battery drain all the way, then recharge it fully without turning it on until fully charged about 3-5 times, so that the battery recognizes how long is should last no matter how much you use your phone daily. Exchange the phone once more and try that. If that does not work, the only thing I can think of is that Nokia just makes a ****ty battery.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
  20. Fleon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    170 Posts
    #1095  
    Jeremy,

    What you are talking about is a fairly heavily discussed issue on the Nokia forums, and no one has yet figured out what causes this. I have had this happen on two Lumia 920s, and the solution so far has not been great: replace them under warranty.

    The possible causes usually discussed are :
    • Skype. This is not the case. I did not install Skype on my 2nd Lumia.
    • Battery checking apps. This also does not seem to be the issue, since many reporting haven't used them.
    • NFC. Not the case. Did not have NFC enabled.
    • Location. Maybe? But what good is my phone without location? Even if this is the problem, I can't use my phone adequately without it.


    The problem will not solve itself through a full battery drain. And, when your phone is in this state, a Hard Reset (usually recommended by the phone provider tech support) will likely brick your phone. That's exactly what has happened to me twice in a row.

    Wish I could offer something more helpful for you, but that's the current state of things, and yes, I too am wishing I had gotten a different phone. I may try to sell this to pick up an HTC 8X and see if that WP8 variant is any better.
  21. Squatting Hen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    833 Posts
    Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    #1096  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    Unrelate. Your avatar looks like Joey from NSYNC. LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04BobbleheadsNSyncJoey01.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	29518
    Your right, it kinda does. Ha.
  22. Laceym's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #1097  
    I've been cursing the poor battery myself. If I don't use the phone at all, I can make it through the day. I've done all of the tips including 3G only which helped because I live in a weak LTE area. However one day I was killing time on the internet and thought I was connected to wifi but wasn't. I'm on a limited data plan so I turned off cellular data for a few days to avoid going over my limit. After doing that, my battery life was crazy good. I was looking for excuses to drain the battery after that. Now I turn it off whenever I can.
  23. camptime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #1098  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laceym View Post
    I've been cursing the poor battery myself. If I don't use the phone at all, I can make it through the day. I've done all of the tips including 3G only which helped because I live in a weak LTE area. However one day I was killing time on the internet and thought I was connected to wifi but wasn't. I'm on a limited data plan so I turned off cellular data for a few days to avoid going over my limit. After doing that, my battery life was crazy good. I was looking for excuses to drain the battery after that. Now I turn it off whenever I can.
    Not having a data connection defeats having a smart phone I want to receive important e-mail's and messages through whatsapp. I have my data switched on but use 2G so I can receive messages. But even on 2G the phone still has battery drain issues.
  24. LazySunday's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    #1099  
    Well, that's the way WP8 works.... Moving to WP 8X may not change much because it has similar battery issues... I'm getting really great battery life when I turn off the data. I play Wordament a lot. Playing it on cellular data lasts like a couple of hours max... on wifi I can pull it to 4 hours. But, yet both browsing and playing games is battery intensive.

    I have one more observation to mention. I have a Lumia 800 which I bought an year ago. One of the first app I fell for on WP 7.5 was Wordament and I used to play it on 3G. It hardly lasted for 2 hours. But interestingly, after an year I can play for nearly 4.5 hours on 3g now. I don't know what things changed. But I can sure say the battery life estimation has improved or 3g coverage in my area must have improved. Nevertheless, I'm hoping using it further would make battery better on these devices. Trust me I felt really crap in battery department on Lumia 800, now it is always on 3g mode and is constantly used for whatsapp and games and it gets me about 12 hours. Whereas, my 920 is not that good at this point...
  25. HM02's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    225 Posts
    #1100  
    Been almost 2 months and my battery has been awesome. I unplug my phone at noon, almost every day and it lasts me until about 4 or 5 in the morning. That's moderate use (texting, push email notifications, checking Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr). Only a couple of background tasks running-- Battery Widget and Amazing Weather HD (set to update every 2 hours). Brightness is medium. NFC, Bluetooth-off. Wifi on constantly.
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who actually has a perfect handset. Everything works flawlessly.
    RJ Priest likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. how much does your battery drain during wordament?
    By akiman911 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B