Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    AT&T Black Lumia 920. The phone is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Visual Voicemail requires data. AT&T - AT&T Visual Voicemail: An introduction*
    I'm talking about generic notifications (like an icon or pop up) that standard phones have. I get nothing when my data connection is off.

Nope. I had my cell data off yesterday and I got a voicemail. As posted above though, I didn't receive the visual voicemail until I turned data back on. On ATT black 920
    You won't get visual voicemail notifications unless data is on, since visual voicemail uses the data network, not the voice network.

Ugh, I missed a really important call last night because my lumia 810 phone went straight to voicemail and then never bothered to let me know I had a call at 7:50pm! I have read we should power down and then on once a day to "fix" this... I dont want to have to remember to do this.. to just properly get voicemail notification.. not even worried about visual voicemail as that is the service that finally alerted me! How frustrating!

And it's not just visual voice mail - when cellular data is turned off, basic voice mail (my personal preference) doesn't notify about new voice messages either...

With cellular data disabled my ATT/Nokia Lumia920 requires me to power cycle the phone in order to get the phone icon to indicate that there are unheard voice mails. The phone also fails to play the "new voice mail sound" while cellular data is switched off. And I've verified that WiFi data does not work for these purposes - it must be cellular data. Why can't the same method that past generation cellular "un-smart" phones be used for notifications? Doing a quick web search shows that this in a known problem/complaint - Will it ever be corrected?