02-07-2013, 10:38 PM #1
- 15 Posts
I have now had 4 phones with Gorilla Glass. Both phones with version 1, Lumia 900 and iPhone, and they both did very well resisting scratches. The Lumia after a year of use doesn't have any :)
I recently purchased a couple of new phones, the iPhone 5 and Lumia 920, both with Gorilla Glass 2. I have exercised extreme care but both of the phones have gotten a number small surface scratches on the screen.
It seems the v2 has been a downgrade in quality, which I don't care if it's cheaper because it doesn't seem to be as good. It's very disappointing.
I see they have announced Gorilla Glass 3. Maybe they put the quality back in? Your thoughts?
- 02-07-2013, 10:58 PM #2
Gorilla Glass 2 is not a downgrade in quality. Compared to the original Gorilla Glass, it is 20% thinner but with the same scratch resistance and strength.Gorilla Glass 3 will be even better - it will be stronger than GG2 and be 3X more scratch resistant.
I'm not sure why people keep complaining about the Gorilla Glass in the Lumia 920 and 8X. I've used them both for the past few months and don't have a single scratch.
02-07-2013, 11:21 PM #4
- 23 Posts
The makers of Gorilla glass claims that Gorilla glass 2 is 20% stronger, and thinner than Gorilla glass 1
Corning's Gorilla Glass 2: 20 percent stronger means thinner displays (update: video) | The Verge
I have no scratches on mine yet, but I have seen scratches on the Lumia 920 explained as scratches in the coating, and not the glass. I guess it depends on how deep they are?
- By desmonium in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 21Last Post: 11-03-2011, 11:45 AM
- By desmonium in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2011, 11:06 PM
- By failmatic in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2011, 11:45 PM
- By bc3tech in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 27Last Post: 07-08-2011, 11:55 PM
- By Winterfang in forum LG Optimus 7Replies: 4Last Post: 06-28-2011, 12:08 AM