- 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM #1
I have won a Nokia Lumia 920, yay! However, it did not include a plan...the phone was won through a Roger's contest. So now, my problem is, how the **** do I unlock it to use with my existing Koodo account? I am on a limited budget, so I can't go through a lot of money to do this, but I don't want to brick the phone before I even get a chance to use it. What can I do?
- 02-05-2013, 03:09 PM #2
I would try and get a Roger's Prepaid account and then see if they can unlock it through that account. I aren't 100% sure though.
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM #4
- 44 Posts
To answer your question though, Rogers can unlock it for $50 but you need a Rogers account to do so. I've heard the prepaid accounts work but your experiences may vary.
You could also try and find a third party unlock code but I don't know if they have working codes yet nor do I know their prices.
There's no risk to bricking a phone via trying to unlock it. However, I believe that if you enter the wrong unlock code 5? times it will permanently lock it to Rogers. Could be wrong about that though.
02-05-2013, 04:41 PM #6
- 129 Posts
02-06-2013, 01:07 AM #11
- 315 Posts
Iunno about WP8 because I got lucky and am with fido when I got my Rogers HTC 8x off kijiji, but for my WP7 LG Optimus 7, which NO ONE USES, I found a guy literally in downtown or something, unlocked it for like 20$? 15$? It was awesome. I don't see why this isn't possible for wp8 but ye check around my friend. Don't lose hope :P
- By RoboMonkey in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 11-16-2012, 10:41 PM
- By luciobar1980 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
- By jabtano in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
- By rsmiley0 in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
- By sweeneyben in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 10-24-2011, 07:55 PM