Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By beachhoppr
  • 1 Post By Tafsern
  • 1 Post By ttsoldier
  • 1 Post By Tafsern

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    I have Lumia 920 with Peurtico pre-installed. Since I am not a professional photographer, what is the best MANUAL settings that for daylight pics, which would generate day light pictures better than iPhone 5 with as much details as possible?
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Proshot
    Thanked by:
    maverick786us likes this.

Turn off flash, turn off focus light...set ISO to 100 or so, and try. You can turn the exposure down to. Take a couple of samples with different settings, then you use the settings you like the most :) If you hold the phone as steady as you can, it will be sharper and more detailed. If you take landscape photos I usually find using the camera button to focus and shoot to be great, but when it's a specific object that's not so far away, I point the screen and shoot. :)

Even though your not a professional photographer, the settings should be easy to learn. :)
    Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    Turn off flash, turn off focus light...set ISO to 100 or so, and try. You can turn the exposure down to. Take a couple of samples with different settings, then you use the settings you like the most :) If you hold the phone as steady as you can, it will be sharper and more detailed. If you take landscape photos I usually find using the camera button to focus and shoot to be great, but when it's a specific object that's not so far away, I point the screen and shoot. :)

Even though your not a professional photographer, the settings should be easy to learn. :)
    Thank you. The settings are easy to learn but I need to learn the kind of output those settings will generate
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    Thank you. The settings are easy to learn but I need to learn the kind of output those settings will generate
    You will get that by experience. There are no settings set in stone. Every factor makes a different. You location, lighting, shadows, mist etc. You have to play around with it, take experimental shots and learn the settings your self based on your environment.
    Thanked by:

Stick with all auto for now. Instead learn general photography concept like composition and exposure first and it will be 1000 times more useful. Afterwards you can play with the camera settings.
    Thanked by:

You can also try using "Sports" under scenes, this will guarantee a fast shutter and will prevent blurry shots from shaky hands or moving subjects. Also you can manually pick Daylight or Cloudy under white balance depending on whether its sunny or cloudy. Don't forget to switch back to auto when in doors or pictures will be dark.
    Thanked by:

what is focus light???

It's the flash that turns on just a bit to help the camera to focus in dark environments.
    Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
    Thanked by: