- 01-31-2013, 07:47 AM #1
Apologies if this question has been asked before but I'm new to WP8 and have recently bought a Lumia 920 (UK). I've always been an iPhone user so was used to downloading films/tv series through iTunes. However, when I go into the Windows store or XBox store I can't see any options to purchase video content. Am I just missing something or don't MIcrosoft have a solution for this yet?
If they haven't - is there anywhere else I can buy films/tv shows that I can then stream through the phone?
- 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM #11
- 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM #12
Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Or in this case...rip your own DVDs. It's the only way to be sure.
DVDFab (PAID) + Handbrake (FREE)
For better quality do not try to rip directly from DVD to MP4 - slightly longer two-stage method yields better results.
1) Rip entire DVD to hard drive using DVDFab
2) Encode mobile file using the copy you just created on your hard drive using Handbrake
As for using the mobile copies you get with most DVDs...unfortunately most of these simply will not work - they are generally either 1) iTunes or 2) Ultraviolet (unfortunately the Windows Phone version of Flixster does not yet support downloading and playing UV content).
- By power5 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 04-04-2013, 12:33 AM
- By Mike-Mike in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2011, 02:10 PM
- By jabtano in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2011, 09:37 PM
- By aeronez in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-04-2011, 08:03 AM
- By renfred in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 05-16-2011, 11:34 AM