Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BeaverJuicer
  • 1 Post By berty6294
  • 2 Post By JerseySal
  • 1 Post By korhan eren

edit: it's hardware related.

Hello everyone. I got my lumia 920 about one month ago. Three days ago, i pressed to my lock-screen button and realized that the colors were mixed into each other. As i continued to use my phone, the fps dropped lower and lower. Then it suddenly froze. I had to soft reset it to make it work again. Since that time my phone freezes 5-6 times a day. The color mixing starts completely randomly and if i lock it's screen back before it freezes, sometimes, colors get back into the normal before the next time.

Here you can see the pictures of this issue. The first one shows what i mean by "color mixing". The other one is screenshot of my phone while color mixing continues. But as you can see there is no sign of problem.

So what's the matter with my phone? Can i fix this myself? Or the time has come to visit the service?

Thank you.

edit: Sorry i forgot to add the normal lock-screen shot taken via another phone (third picture)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    Last edited by korhan eren; 01-30-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Impossible to say, as these pictures are not accurate depictions... One is a screenshot with accurate colour representation, the other is a picture of the phone taken with another camera. Anything could be effecting that other picture.
    korhan eren likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    Impossible to say, as these pictures are not accurate depictions... One is a screenshot with accurate colour representation, the other is a picture of the phone taken with another camera. Anything could be effecting that other picture.
    Sorry i forgot. I have added that too.

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    kinda looks like the effect you get when you get the lag when remotely connecting to a computer.

does this only happen on the wallpaper screen or in other areas too? could you name the screens this happens on?
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    korhan eren likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    kinda looks like the effect you get when you get the lag when remotely connecting to a computer.

does this only happen on the wallpaper screen or in other areas too? could you name the screens this happens on?
    It's all the same for every single area in my phone.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    If your phone keeps freezing...wear some glooves
    ~Sal
    berty6294 and korhan eren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    If your phone keeps freezing...wear some glooves
    And maybe i should call Bob Ross for color mixes?
    JerseySal likes this.

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by korhan eren View Post
    It's all the same for every single area in my phone.
    The only thing you can do really is just restore the firmware and hope for the best. If that doesn't fix it than software isn't your problem and you should definitely look for a replacement.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Thanked by:

Thank you, i'll give it a try. Can you basically explain (or just give a link) how can i do that? :)
    Last edited by korhan eren; 01-30-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Thank you, i'll give it a try. Can basically explain (or just give a link) how can i do that? :)
    That's a really good question lol I haven't done it yet with WP8. Id imagine something along the lines of on your phone go to 'Settings' then 'About' then 'reset your phone'. Should do some stuff to it, then tell your to connect to Zune or Xbox or whatever it is the sync software is (I lost track at this point) and youll be able to update it from factory to the current phone firmware.

If you have photos you want to keep then put them on skydrive or back them up. Apps will lose their data I believe (bye bye high scores). That should be it. Probably like a half hour to hour long process though

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Thank you, i'll give it a try. Can basically explain (or just give a link) how can i do that? :)
    Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    ahh forgot about that! Curious though, does that happen on every 920 that you try to reset or just a handful? (I have 8x I have no idea) Thanks

Thanked by:

I really thought at least "reset" would work itself, without problem. I guess i'm too optimistic about this life...

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    To soft reset, press and hold the volume down and power keys till it vibrates
    To hard reset, go Settings, About, Reset Your Phone.
    To reinstall, use the instructions in that link.
    Thanked by:

Finally i reset my phone and seriously, stay away from that "reset your phone" till that button finds out how to work itself. That reset issue (i named it as infinity cogs) just made me forget my orginal issue
    Anyway I'll update whether my issue got fixed by reset in few days. So if anyone out there has the same problem (which i think no one will. I was always very unique about troubles :3), they'll know if it's software or hardware related.
    Thanks for all posts again.
    Last edited by korhan eren; 02-01-2013 at 06:30 AM.