- 01-29-2013, 07:10 AM #1
Hi all, won an eBay auction for a used 920 (uk) which is claimed to be unlocked.
Put my Vodafone sim in it, very very poor signal strength (when I get any at all) and won't make or receive calls (I get full bars on Vodafone in my location).
Put a GiffGaff sim in, exactly the same issue.
Tried manually choosing Vodafone (pre-pay) from the settings but makes no difference.
It doesn't tell me it's locked to a network, it just doesn't work.
Is this the behaviour of an EE phone and is there any way to tell if it is on EE (firmware, etc?);
Carrier: CV GB SW Variant ID 276 v03
01-29-2013, 07:14 AM #2
- 50 Posts
If it was an EE variant the Carrier would be EE, CV GB means Clove UK, so it seems to be an unlocked Lumia 920.
Edit: Also if it was an EE handset then it wouldn't work with your Vodaphone SIM out of the box, instead it would request an unlock code.
01-29-2013, 08:07 AM #4
- 3 Posts
I have the same problem, I won (ebay) an unlocked Lumia 920 from Rogers Canada and I'm trying to use it in Mexico (telcel) and the maps and nokia drive does not work properly, the internet won't work unless I use it with wifi!!!
I'm assuming that it wasn't properly unlocked.
- By simplyme2289 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 25Last Post: 02-25-2013, 11:28 PM
- By lostdaynight in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM
- By tomyang in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 14Last Post: 09-26-2012, 11:03 AM
- By unity04 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
- By szamek64 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 6Last Post: 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM