Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could answer me this.

I have a 920 purchased from Clove, which was unlocked and worked fine off the bat with my o2 sim.

As so far as I can see, o2 won't be carrying the 920 just yet, and I was wondering if therefore I would ever receive the Portico update over the air?

Is my phone looking to Nokia's server, or o2's server to find the Portico?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Rich

Have you tried... 'settings>phone update', ........when i did this, the phone found the portico update.

Quote Originally Posted by alphonsohall View Post
    Have you tried... 'settings>phone update', ........when i did this, the phone found the portico update.
    Is yours also from Clove? Mine is and it can't find the update :/

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    I got a 920 on Orange contract - got it unlocked, using O2 sim and just got portico if that helps.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    OP: You'll probably get it shortly after the update rolls out properly on the 31st Jan. Can't say for sure, but that's my guesstimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Great deal View Post
    I got a 920 on Orange contract - got it unlocked, using O2 sim and just got portico if that helps.
    You'll still be using EE firmware though, so that doesn't really help. I got mine from Phones4U and it was also EE locked. And yes, I've been Portico'd

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

You'll get it with the rest of the Unbranded UK 920s, which is whenever Nokia decide to click 'go'. I don't think Unbranded UK phones are a high priority for them at the moment as there aren't that many of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Point View Post
    You'll get it with the rest of the Unbranded UK 920s, which is whenever Nokia decide to click 'go'. I don't think Unbranded UK phones are a high priority for them at the moment as there aren't that many of them.
    THAT. Because most of them in the UK were meant to be officially sold via EE exclusivity. So anyone who went ahead with an unlock, according to Nokia, doesn't exist. Also, the rest of 920s on other networks are really really small number, so probably 31st Jan onwards?

I got a replacement phone a few weeks ago after having my original nicked. Had a few updates come up a week or so ago. Is there any way for me to see if Portico was included in them?

Quote Originally Posted by alphonsohall View Post
    Yep tried that (a lot!) but so far, it's not found an update. Fingers crossed for the 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    So anyone who went ahead with an unlock, according to Nokia, doesn't exist.
    Makes sense. My phone, as far as I can see, isn't even listed for downloading for a 'manual' update.

Hopefully the Portico update will level things up firmware wise...

I just got a phone call from Nokia, they don't have a date for unbranded UK devices yet. But they did say it should be "soon".

I just got a phone call from Nokia, they don't have a date for unbranded UK devices yet. But they did say it should be "soon".
    Lets hope 'soon' means the next couple of days!
    Developer

Same boat here Rich...we shall wait and see!
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    They should make it a priority because this is what they are handing out to corporates to test, incredibly short sighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Reeves View Post
    Lets hope 'soon' means the next couple of days!
    Don't hold your breath as roll out will last until early March! So it could be a few weeks. Trust me, you aren't missing out on much!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts
    I have an L820 from O2 (UK) with a 3 (UK) sim card in it, did not receive any update, even after checking. I have seen reports of O2 users with L820 getting the update though, i wonder why i didn't get it?

It's already 4th and no portico :(

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    January 5th, Lumia 920 (UK), Portuguese SIM, no Portico update :(
    Frustration.

I accidentally destroyed my EE Lumia 920, that had Portico installed, Didn't have any insurance, so had to buy the handset outright from Phones4U, disappointed not to have Portico on my new handset.

I do hope that with the current flurry of other network operators taking up the Lumia 920, that this may get some traction in the United Kingdom.

If anyone is still following this, I got the update last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Reeves View Post
    If anyone is still following this, I got the update last night.
    Me too.