When I listen to music from MixRadio, Xbox Music, Youtube, etc. the sound level is good :)
    But when I try to listen to my music, which is already on my phone (Nokia 920), the sound level is very quiet :(
    Is there a seperate setting? I've tried to adjust various volume settings, but so far it has remained too quiet.
    Also tried it both with and without headphones.

Please help...

Online music has probably had its dynamics compressed. Doing so makes music sound louder but it also degrades the music. See Alan Wilder's (ex-Depeche mode) take on it, it doesn't do your hearing any good for one.

Alan Wilder (Recoil/Depeche Mode) an open letter from, on the current music business

No, the problem is not that online music is too loud... But that the music from within the phone is too quiet!!

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Depends on the quality of the music on your phone and how the song was ripped etc....usually higher quality songs are the loudest and sound the best.

I find exactly the same thing. I can happily listen to music from my phone at almost full volume, i couldn't do that with my HTC HD7 (WP7), and if i stream music from Nokia Music, its deafening at the sort of volume i need from standard music.

Not only that, but if i get a text or call while listening to music, it deafens me.