Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi, yesterday has been a bad day for me: my lumia 920 fell down from my self hands (apple would said: '4.5" are too much for your hands' :D).
    I was really surprised noticing that the back was like new and the front gorgeous glass had a not deep (i think) but pretty long scratch.
    I'll post a picture of it later, but anyway I want to know which is the best glass repair spray (or other products) i can buy to try to hide it and what results i can achieve with these products.

Also, the left side of the phone had a few scratches and i wish i could substitute the entire "cover". I saw some videos on youtube and it seems easy, but i can't find where to buy this original part of the phone on internet. Does anyone know any site where to buy it?

Last question: does anyone know if nokia assistants are like the apple's one? (they substituted my iphone with scratches with a new one because i invented a problem with calling).

thanks

up!

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    teo155 

Do you know any spray or liquid to repair scratches? I remember some posts about this on this forum, but i can't find it anymore!

I'd be rather interested in this too. IIRC, it's likely that in both our cases it's the oleophobic coating, rather than the glass itself that is scratched, so a spray sounds feasible? I've also been advised that with a screen protector the scratch will be invisible, so I've ordered one .

where did you ordered the screen protector? :)

I was going to get a zagg invisibleshield (as I've had them in the past), but they're pricey so I though I'd try these guys first - BarrierChief The ULTIMATE Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector from BarrierChief!

I also have a load of rubish terrapin ones from ebay that scratch far too easily - they barely last a week before they need replacing.
    Thanked by:
    teo155 

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    best screen protectors are the ones that self heal. if they do get a scratch on them the scratch eventually disappears and your screen is still protected. the zagg ones are a lil expensive but then again you get what you paid for. and they have free replacement for the lifetime of your phone.
    Thanked by:
    teo155 

Quote Originally Posted by Cpfoxhunt View Post
    I was going to get a zagg invisibleshield (as I've had them in the past), but they're pricey so I though I'd try these guys first - BarrierChief The ULTIMATE Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector from BarrierChief!

I also have a load of rubish terrapin ones from ebay that scratch far too easily - they barely last a week before they need replacing.
    Ok, let me know if the BarrierChief one will work, otherwise i'll get it from zagg.com

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I've ben told they have changed recently, but I dropped my iPhone and smashed the screen. I went to the Apple Store and showed them my iPhone and they replaced it for me for free. No need to invent a problem.

I have hear they may have stopped that practice now with Apple Care Plus but it sure was nice at the time...

I have a Zagg full body on my 920 and it works very well - and hides minor scratches.

For the OP you will have to find a screen, or do a search and there are places that replace the screens. I can't recommend any personally. Good luck.