Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Why a virus protection software? This isn't Android.

Like someone else pointed out, there is a BoA app and its actually very nice.

Regarding Google, if someone is heavily invested in Google services, they should get an Android phone. Personally I don't see a single google service that is worth being so vested in. YouTube is the only unique service and that is easily available across all platforms. I recently dumped Gmail for Outlook, and never looked back.
    I really don't know the security of IE Mobile, so it was merely a suggestion, a toss up, if you will.

My mind has been slipping lately. I meant a Wells Fargo app, not BoA( of which I found that indeed they are:
    Official Wells Fargo app for Windows Phone in the works | Windows Phone Daily) Sorry, was totally spacing there...

And regarding Google, I can agree with you, even about the YouTube bit but I meant one that was, as I said, "finely tuned". Or maybe I should amend and say "free, finely tuned" YouTube app, because I don't believe in paying for an app I can access for free via PC, etc. That's just my opinion however. :)

Back to the point of Google. As I said, I agree with you, but a lot of people aren't like us, they are invested and dependent upon Google services, Drive, G+, GMail, etc. I'm strictly Outlook, and the only Google service I use is YouTube, and the search engine if I'm on a desktop (for layout and aesthetic reasons. I like Google's layout of image of video results more.) But for people who utilize more than just the ones mentioned, it might be ideal in making apps available to provide these functions. Google and Apple get Microsoft services on their OSs but where is our compensation? Yeah, yeah, MSFT reaps the benefits in revenue, but a consumer can't use that revenue to check their GMail, YouTube, Drive files, and so on.
    --__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money. I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
    -Jack Kerouac

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    OTOH:

Spotify
    Dropbox
    Google suite
    Instagram
    A PDF program that wasn't dismal.
    A real battery monitor program. The lack of APIs here is embarrassing.
    Pandora
    Snapseed
    Songkick
    An ad blocker. Android has root and non-root version.
    Vine

Tons and tons of games. Ruzzle is what all the cool kids are playing these days when they're not playing Temple Run 2.

Edit: Effing PhotoSynth. Gimme a break, Microsoft.

Ruzzle
    Temple Run
    Fun Run (that's it for games)
    NHL game center live
    Wells Fargo
    An updated ESPN app
    An updated scoremobile app (those two just have THE MOST glitches)
    yahoo fantasy football

Don't really miss much, maybe an update to the Wimp app to make it a bit faster and an app for my Eurocard? Got most apps I used on iOS already like banking apps and so on.

I don't understand the fads with wanting to put pictures on places like Instagram so I don't want those apps.

Echofon, the only Twitter client I've ever liked

My list is pretty small...

1. A smart dialer like Rap 7 installed by MS to replace its dumb dialer
    2. Combined notification app...

Whatsapp could be updated, but away from that I'm happy.

I don't use any of these fancy social networks so many are crying for in this thread. Even my favourite football club has released an app and this club isn't known to be the most innovative one.

I want a working Viber that can make calls. I use that alot to stay in contact with my family who live abroad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZippo View Post
    I want a working Viber that can make calls. I use that alot to stay in contact with my family who live abroad.
    Skype?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

- ESPN, the WP version is just crap compared to iOS
    - iStudiez Pro or something of similiar quality, school assignment app that syncs beautifully with desktop
    - The Verge (just me but it beats having to use the website)
    - More games

Pretty much it for me

- Call and message filter/firewall, e.g., Blacklist.
    - Acrobits SIP client, very professional one.

The fact is that "some" people lose alot of apps.
    I have never used any of the ones you mention, but I have gained Nokia Music, City Lens and Office, but because of that Im not gonna proclaim that,
    "You gain apps when you switch to WP, thats a fact" :)
  13. R S

Sonos controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Almanza View Post
    I really don't know the security of IE Mobile, so it was merely a suggestion, a toss up, if you will.

My mind has been slipping lately. I meant a Wells Fargo app, not BoA( of which I found that indeed they are:
    Official Wells Fargo app for Windows Phone in the works | Windows Phone Daily) Sorry, was totally spacing there...

And regarding Google, I can agree with you, even about the YouTube bit but I meant one that was, as I said, "finely tuned". Or maybe I should amend and say "free, finely tuned" YouTube app, because I don't believe in paying for an app I can access for free via PC, etc. That's just my opinion however. :)

Back to the point of Google. As I said, I agree with you, but a lot of people aren't like us, they are invested and dependent upon Google services, Drive, G+, GMail, etc. I'm strictly Outlook, and the only Google service I use is YouTube, and the search engine if I'm on a desktop (for layout and aesthetic reasons. I like Google's layout of image of video results more.) But for people who utilize more than just the ones mentioned, it might be ideal in making apps available to provide these functions. Google and Apple get Microsoft services on their OSs but where is our compensation? Yeah, yeah, MSFT reaps the benefits in revenue, but a consumer can't use that revenue to check their GMail, YouTube, Drive files, and so on.

Did someone say wells Fargo app is coming

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashcar1979 View Post
    Metrorube is the tits!! Smokes the iOS YouTube app...
    But it breaks every time Google touches Youtube. We need the real thing...
  17. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    It's not simply "does the app exist" but "is it any good?" - the spotify app on WP7 is junk* but I was thinking about it because spotify works fine on other platforms (and now via the web) - it's cheaper for me to get an android phone because I can cancel Zune music and pocket the difference towards the phone.

* BTW - is it any good on WP8?

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    How did we survive all of these centuries without apps? >_>
    ~Sal
    gwinegarden likes this.
  19.    #44  
    The question is, what can we gain, switching to the WP8?
    If we have all the necessary and brand news apps on the other platforms, why would we switch to the WP8? Once that Microsoft seems not effort the enough to became their costumers satisfied.
    Instagram, Facebook, Bank apps, Map apps ( good on all countrys), good working of live tiles, there is the reason for the WP8 have not an central notifications, but, if the live tiles is not working good, what is the reason for have not the central notification? and games, if WP8 have a dream to be comparate to the IOS/Android, need to have the same apps and game, at the same time, if not, why would I switch for this OS?

The only app I'm missing right now is USAA. I hope they decide to support Windows 8 soon!

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    for me it would be
    1. temple run1&2
    2. subway surfer
    3. Clash of clans
    4. Pandora
    5. Instagram (dont use)
    6. a motherlovin' playstation hub
    7. Gamefly app
    8. call of duty ELITE app
    9. Gamestop app
    10. IGN
    11. soverign bank
    12. Turning point ministries app (app for me doubt it will come soon if ever)
    13. improved features for nokia drive.

thats it for me
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Donnert View Post
    The question is, what can we gain, switching to the WP8?
    If we have all the necessary and brand news apps on the other platforms, why would we switch to the WP8? Once that Microsoft seems not effort the enough to became their costumers satisfied.
    Instagram, Facebook, Bank apps, Map apps ( good on all countrys), good working of live tiles, there is the reason for the WP8 have not an central notifications, but, if the live tiles is not working good, what is the reason for have not the central notification? and games, if WP8 have a dream to be comparate to the IOS/Android, need to have the same apps and game, at the same time, if not, why would I switch for this OS?
    because not everyone likes ios and android. i wouldnt touch google with a 10 foot pole. and apple i dont care for. people support a platform for growth, healthy competition, which drives them to out-innovate eachother, and because its a beautiful platform.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

The only one I miss is TripTracker Pro which provided most of my travel info. Now I am using two apps 'My Trips' (Tripit integration) and Flight Status because Tripit does everything EXCEPT get gate info and Flight Track does that well. My Bank (BOA and Chase) are there and so are most of the other apps. The people hub and contacts took me a while to acclimate but I am really liking the concept now. I must say that the ESPN app and Facebook app are pretty poor but the Football Live app is awesome.
    SiriusXM
    CBS Sportline Fantasy Football
    ESPN Fantasy Football(For Non Nokia owners)
    Pandora(Sure it coming any day now)
    Spotify
    iTunes(I was happy with Zune, but with the disaster with Zbox Music I would switch my music to iTunes in a second. I don't trust Microsoft to stay with their Music Strategy)

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    for me it would be
    1. temple run1&2
    2. subway surfer
    3. Clash of clans
    4. Pandora
    5. Instagram (dont use)
    6. a motherlovin' playstation hub
    7. Gamefly app
    8. call of duty ELITE app
    9. Gamestop app
    10. IGN
    11. soverign bank
    12. Turning point ministries app (app for me doubt it will come soon if ever)
    13. improved features for nokia drive.

thats it for me
    +1 for Clash of Clans. I'm addicted to that game
    Thanked by:
    WinFan1 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast