Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I updated last night, and I had to soft reset the phone this morning, like I have to do most mornings! I was hoping that the update was going to sort out the issues with the phone freezing.
    My firmware is - 1232.2109.1242.1010 :s

Firmware 1232.5951.1249.1017

Updated last night; am on Virgin.

Already had my first 'freeze' (black screen, soft reboot needed, reset time...)
    My OS is updated. 8.0.10211.204 but my firmware remains older one :-/

This is on EE.

Quote Originally Posted by phander View Post
    Firmware 1232.5951.1249.1017

Updated last night; am on Virgin.

Already had my first 'freeze' (black screen, soft reboot needed, reset time...)
    I am on Virgin as well, same here on Portico, soft resets needed from time to time and every time I do it the time goes back to September 2012.

Also "set automatically" has never worked, the phone just can't get the correct time from the network. Is this a Virgin thing?
    No soft resets so far and no time changes. Also, I now have an option to select between 2g, 3g and 4g - for EE.

From within Mobile Network in Settings? I don't have that...

Be nice to know what they have fixed because it appears they've also unfixed quite a few things :(

just downloading now... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BhaveshPatelUK View Post
    From within Mobile Network in Settings? I don't have that...

Be nice to know what they have fixed because it appears they've also unfixed quite a few things :(
    Yes from Mobile network in settings - within the dropdown box.

There is a features list somewhere floating in the forum. Other than that, nothing is "fixed".

Just downloaded and installed my update on Virgin.

It all was working fine, then it asked me if I wanted to install, etc, so I clicked yes. Now the phone won't turn back on and it won't charge. It's just sat with the battery icon showing it's flat.

What should I do?

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzilla View Post
    Just downloaded and installed my update on Virgin.

It all was working fine, then it asked me if I wanted to install, etc, so I clicked yes. Now the phone won't turn back on and it won't charge. It's just sat with the battery icon showing it's flat.

What should I do?
    Battery icon ? ... then just keep it charging ... and soon, it should wake up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    Battery icon ? ... then just keep it charging ... and soon, it should wake up ...
    It's been on for over an hour and isn't moving.

done the deed...all looks OK (so far)...

It's been on for over an hour and isn't moving.

http://i.imgur.com/ACk6LBb.jpg?1
    Have you tried to reset the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by DReevell View Post
    Have you tried to reset the phone?
    Not yet. Will I loose contacts and such, if I do so?

try the soft reset first...do the hard reset as a last resort.
    If you logged in using MSFT ID, your contacts and emails are synced. Your texts would have been backed up if you opted to back up texts. Same applies for your phone settings and photos. Your apps are also backed up. So in case anything goes wrong, you are safe. Try to charge your phone for a few minutes, then press volume down and power together till it vibrates.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    BTW, after Portico, my Marketplace is set to Chinese! I can't download any of my pre purchased apps! Yeah I opted in for a fresh install even when I had a back up for me. I might go back and restore that back up in worst case, but wanted to put it out there, that marketplace thinks I live in China!

Hold "Volume Down" and "Power" keys for 5 seconds, the screen should turn black (phone is off)...press power again and you should be OK? This is akin to removing and replacing the battery...NO DATA SHOULD BE LOST

Updated my sim free yellow 920 from p4u last night which i am using on Orange/EE, anyway i have noticed photos look alot sharper which is the main reason i updated but my battery life is now ridiculous and my phone seems to loose signal alot as well so now i feel like its crippled my phone not sure what to do. I only charged it 4 hours ago and its already 38% when it normally would still be in the high 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by poiman View Post
    It amazes me how nowadays the priority goes to locked phones instead of unlocked ones... We (with the unlocked version) pay more and receive all the stuff later... Makes no sense.
    +1
    Same in France !
    Nokia has the worst Policy and will loose again fans along with it...
    SGS3, LUM920.

Have just updated mine, and the first thing I've noticed is that I'm getting '3G+' in my lounge. I rarely ever had 3G signal since I've had it, which I always thought weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smg-Uk View Post
    Updated my sim free yellow 920 from p4u last night which i am using on Orange/EE, anyway i have noticed photos look alot sharper which is the main reason i updated but my battery life is now ridiculous and my phone seems to loose signal alot as well so now i feel like its crippled my phone not sure what to do. I only charged it 4 hours ago and its already 38% when it normally would still be in the high 90's.
    It is because under settings - mobile networks - your phone is set to have 4G as highest connection. Since you are on OrangeEE, you won't get 4G. Change that to 3G and your phone will stop looking for 4G. With that setting you will drain your phone in less than 6 hours!
    Thanked by:

johnzilla - how's your phone now? Did the reset work?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast