Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mathewhayward View Post
    It's been sent to the outsourced repair centre
    Which is what?

Quote Originally Posted by supereddzz View Post
    Which is what?
    I've no idea. Anovo repair with other manufacturers too so I guess it's been sent to the relevant 'department'

I've no idea. Anovo repair with other manufacturers too so I guess it's been sent to the relevant 'department'
    Guess that means I'll be getting a repair and not a replacement! Drat!! lol

Guess that means I'll be getting a repair and not a replacement! Drat!! lol
    Yeah, they have to inspect it first before they decide whether it'll get replaced. You may be lucky yet.

Quote Originally Posted by niteshade1975 View Post
    I'm still debating how to proceed. I'm in Cyprus and bought the phone from Clove and they're the ones who forwarded it to Nokia. I'm reluctant to go through this process again as I'm paying for the shipping costs. Also I'm not sure I can trust Nokia Care again after this :/

Of course Clove refusing to replace the phone is another issue...
    Why did Clove refuse to replace it?

Had to take my 920 to the repair centre in Doncaster this morning due to light leakage or something similar on the bottom of the screen. also while i was trying to reset to factory settings the phone got stuck on the Nokia logo.

They say should be ready to pick up tomorrow at 16.30 if it gets fixed time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by slysy View Post
    Why did Clove refuse to replace it?
    Apparently I went over their allowed return period for replacements. I explained that I'm overseas and there were delays because of the Christmas period but they weren't interested. What makes it worse is that I only went over that period by a few days and considering I had emailed and called them on this issue well in advance I'm disappointed they didn't replace it. Instead they sent it off to Nokia 'Care'

ups picked mine up on Monday, sent off for camera debris like you have. Tuesday I got an email saying it was being inspected and then noticed it was sent to outsource, today it was listed as repaired and I just got an email saying its on the way back, so looking at a 4 day turn around ish? I did chase it up on the live chat tho so if you hear nothing get on to them, a little worried by stories above tho!

Phone back with me, camera clean, all looks good, they updated to portico and appeared to have struggled to get the sim tray out but other than that its fine

After reading on this forum, I got a next day replacement via EE. They did send me a faulty one which was fine other than the headphone socket not working as it should (had to be half sticking out for it to work. Complained, said they couldn't send another one out but I got cut off. Called back and spoke to someone else who let me replace it. Just got lucky as I think my call maybe wasn't logged. Pray to god my current one doesn't mess up, I'm not too optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by John L920 View Post
    ups picked mine up on Monday, sent off for camera debris like you have. Tuesday I got an email saying it was being inspected and then noticed it was sent to outsource, today it was listed as repaired and I just got an email saying its on the way back, so looking at a 4 day turn around ish? I did chase it up on the live chat tho so if you hear nothing get on to them, a little worried by stories above tho!
    Mine has been marked as repaired also, so it could be back with me tomorrow! Here's hoping they have cleaned and reset the screen properly as well as sealed the FFC! Hopeful that the 3G problem has been solved by a new firmware flash...

nearly 4pm here and have been waiting in the home all day for UPS, getting really pissed off waiting this length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAT View Post
    After reading on this forum, I got a next day replacement via EE. They did send me a faulty one which was fine other than the headphone socket not working as it should (had to be half sticking out for it to work. Complained, said they couldn't send another one out but I got cut off. Called back and spoke to someone else who let me replace it. Just got lucky as I think my call maybe wasn't logged. Pray to god my current one doesn't mess up, I'm not too optimistic!
    How did you get a replacement via EE?

Well it's back! They don't really seem to have done much to it besides clean out the FFC... They've also flashed Portico. What I really want them to do was re-seat the screen better in the body, which it doesn't appear they have. I've still got larger-than-usual gaps at top and left side. Annoyed really, but not sure I can go through the hassle of returning it again!

Well I finally got my phone back, however whilst they claimed it had been repaired it still has the exact same fault. So I'm currently on the phone to Nokia trying to get some answers but it appears the phone support have no clue about any phones that have been sent in for repair :/

Well it's back! They don't really seem to have done much to it besides clean out the FFC... They've also flashed Portico. What I really want them to do was re-seat the screen better in the body, which it doesn't appear they have. I've still got larger-than-usual gaps at top and left side. Annoyed really, but not sure I can go through the hassle of returning it again!
    I got my brand new replacement today and everything looks fine apart from some slight light leakage towards the bottom right of the screen. Like you, I can't be bothered to wait for yet another replacement

I got my brand new replacement today and everything looks fine apart from some slight light leakage towards the bottom right of the screen. Like you, I can't be bothered to wait for yet another replacement
    Well I'm sending mine back again... Turns out I can't stand it. Every time I look at my phone I notice it and it just pisses me off! lol. They HAVE to fix it this time. I've made it explicitly clear that it needs to be fixed before they send it back to me...

Any of the uk people who have returned their phone solved the freezing problem? Third freeze today and im losing patience...
    I live in the UK and I use a repair shop which is Nokia approved, authorised or something like that. If they can't fix then they send it to Nokia to fix the problem which is a plus for me so that why my next phone will be the Nokia lumia 920 which I will be buying sometime in May mainly because it will be a birthday present (and the price should drop by then )
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Surprise, surprise - it arrived back today in the same state it left in. I'm utterly fed up now and quite, quite angry...

This thread worries me. i took my 920 to the Nokia care centre in manchester yesterday after it froze while i was using it. i tried a reboot and it was stuck on the nokia boot screen so i took it to a three store and after them trying a reset it went completely dead. the guy at the nokia centre tried a "dead re-flash" as he called it and had no luck so he sent it away for further repairs this morning. i'm hoping for an exchanged handset because mine has some scratches on the screen ( i thought the glass was supposed to be real tough so didnt protect it)
    mainly hoping to get it back soon because my hd7 seems very ****ty now i've had to go back!

I handed in my 920 at my local EE store on the 12th. My handset has a huge list of problems, but the computer only allows one fault to be registered to the device. I decided to make the crashing and turning off the priority problem. It's so intermittent, the chances of them replicating it in a 30 minute glance are very slim, so I'm not sure what to expect as the outcome at the moment. Sadly, I was told it could take 14 days. I'll come back and give an update.

14days actually doesnt sound too bad! for three mobile to send mine off i was looking at 30days !!!! so i took it direct to nokia.
    Anyone else envy the iphone folk when it comes to the service they provide?? i would no doubt have walked out of the apple store with a new handest if i had the same problem on iphone!!

This is a depressing thread. Returned my black Lumia 920 to Nokia repair centre in Thetford a few weeks ago and got it back about a week later. My phone has the vibrating rattle problem. UPS were great with pick-up and delivery but the phone wasn't repaired when I got it back.

Now in dialogue with Nokia Care before I return it again as I want a guarantee that they will fix it this time. This phone has such great potential if it works; just so disappointing it doesn't and I am unable to get it fixed.

Now off to watch the Samsung Galaxy S4 launch and cheer myself up

Quote Originally Posted by MJS9 View Post
    I handed in my 920 at my local EE store on the 12th. My handset has a huge list of problems, but the computer only allows one fault to be registered to the device. I decided to make the crashing and turning off the priority problem. It's so intermittent, the chances of them replicating it in a 30 minute glance are very slim, so I'm not sure what to expect as the outcome at the moment. Sadly, I was told it could take 14 days. I'll come back and give an update.
    Just a follow on. I got my phone back today. It hasn't been replaced, but we'll see how we go. The Repair Centre 'test and repair return form' says it's had

Adjustment/cleaning
    Software Update
    Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality control passed.

That's all it says really. The OS version on the phone is 8.0.10211.204 and the Firmware Revision Number is 1232.5957.1308.0020, which I gather was released on Navifirm while my phone was away. It's only been running about 2 hours while I set the phone up again and re-installed my apps. The only observations I've made so far is it got very very hot while I was setting it up around the camera lense area, and the case still creaks and clicks in certain areas. Also the sim card tray that's come back with the phone doesn't sit flush.

***Update 3rd April*** I've had the phone back for a week and it's not skipped a beat. Whatever they did to fix it, it worked a treat. Good service from EE.
    Last edited by MJS9; 04-03-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Updated
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast