- 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM #2
01-28-2013, 09:56 AM #3
- 261 Posts
I think the issue is that WP online now sees me as having two phones, so I cant seem to restore my old backup to my replacement device. I thought it was linked to my account, but it would seem like it is linked to the phone, not my login?
Is there a way around this?
- 01-28-2013, 10:00 AM #4
Is the old phone still in your possession? If so, Nokia has an app called "Transfer My Data". It is reported to transfer text messages and other stuff.
Not sure about any work-arounds. Maybe, delete your profile from the other phone, or unlink the device from your account?
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM #5
- 762 Posts
I have restored a backup to a different 920 when I replaced my Wifes phone. So I know it works and brings apps and accounts back.
We had a minor issue because her backup was post Portico, so we found it worked best if we updated the phone firmware to Portico and then did a wipe on the phone which then prompted to do the restore again.
With the right firmware it worked other than a few downloads failed to install (system updates I think), which were easy to remove from the Downloading list.
- By EG8196 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
- By Fogo in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
- By Fogo in forum Mac OS XReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
- By Physatty in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 10-04-2011, 07:10 AM
- By ryude in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 29Last Post: 09-27-2011, 03:24 PM