Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rohit shelar

Hi,
    I have a Lumia 920 bought a week ago. I want to find out which connectivity is currently in use when I download content viz., 3G or wi-fi. Is there any way to check this? Also, for apps such as email client, can I make sure that if wi-fi is available it is used for sycnhing as against 3G network?

Regards,
    Girish.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I don't know about email and setting a primary sync setting but I would think that if you were connected to a WiFi network it would always download via the WiFi rather then 3G network, whearas on the 3G with no WiFi it would be on the 3G network. I think when you're on the network when you download an app it will let you know you're downloading over the network.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

If the wifi icon on top is white then you're using wifi. If its gray you're using UTA data. Der

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Go to your settings and in Wifi-advanced you will see a box for "WiFi on when screen times out". With this on, its my understanding, when you have WiFi on, all data traffic uses wifi instead of carrier. There will be GPS going thru data, but everything else should be WiFi. Now with this option off, once screen times out and WiFi times out, you are back on carrier data until you wake phone. At least thus is how it was explained to me. Also, you have to have Portico update for this option.

Can you please let me know..how you manage to get the 3G network. I have Lumia 920, but when i select the 3G network, i just loose the network range.

But when i select 2G it shows full network..

Do you think any issues with handset or any other setting i need to do.....PLease let me know so that i can take a replacement.

Rohit.........
    dandashx likes this.