Hi, I'm on my second l920, everything was great but few days ago I noticed that sometimes display of my phone turns off itself for half a second or show something that look like noise from empty tv channel(when I touch the screen, noise disappears). It happens randomly. For me It looks like software related defect but I'm not sure. Has anyone encountered the same issue? What can I do with it?

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    Last edited by bartekxyz; 01-28-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Nerver heard of that issue before...

First you can try fixing it with a soft-reset (middle and volume down button for at least 10 sec)
    Second you can try the hard-reset (settings->about->reset)

If still having the problem afterwards it must be a hardware issue. -> go get replacement or reparation for the device.

I tried soft-resetting it, will see how it goes.

Damn, it happened again...

I've had a similar problem, but only on my lock screeen, but the date and time stamps still show.

Very strange... But as autumnride suggested give the hard reset a try.. If that too does no help.. Rush for a replacement...

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen. A hard reset will clear it, but even so the AT&T store exchanged it without question or comment and my new one has not had any issues since. Mine did it while talking on the phone. Call went fine but I couldn't hang-up or end the call nor did it clear itself and I couldn't even do a simple power-down.

I wonder if it happens often based on the fact they didn't even try and diagnose the problem.

Hard reset? Damn... Maybe I will wait for portico update, I can't lose my progress in "Where is my water" :|

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I am having a slightly different situation. My screen seems to know randomly start to "speckle" it starts to look like a star field on a black background, the UI movement is choppy, and there is a strip at the very top (like a TV channel that is scrambled) If it prgresses it changes the color resolution of the screen completely. The only thing i can do it turn off the screen and the screen reverts to normal. This started yesterday and I only had the phone for a week. Starting to be concerned. Anyone else seeing this??