Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex Kj
  1. fardream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    357 Posts
       #1  
    My Lumia 920 now thinks I am in a river in Maryland. I tried to turn the phone on and off and it didn't solve the error. Anyone has an idea what is happening? I am already on my 4th Lumia 920, and I guess ATT will not be happy....
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by fardream View Post
    My Lumia 920 now thinks I am in a river in Maryland. I tried to turn the phone on and off and it didn't solve the error. Anyone has an idea what is happening? I am already on my 4th Lumia 920, and I guess ATT will not be happy....
    It's not the device. It's an AT&T bug. It's happened previously.

    GPS says in Akron OH until reboot?

    GPS says I am in Alpharetto
    Thanked by:
  3. Alex Kj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #3  
    May be the problem with A-GPS... Go outside your house and do a "soft reset" while being outside, see if it helps.
    Thanked by:
  4. fardream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    357 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kj View Post
    May be the problem with A-GPS... Go outside your house and do a "soft reset" while being outside, see if it helps.
    I did, but it stays in that river
  5. Alex Kj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #5  
    Hmm... Try this: close all map programs you have, turn on Airplane mode (also, you might try removing SIM card) and then try your map programs again, while not being connected to cell or WiFi network... Try different map programs, like gMaps and such, to make sure it's not an app issue. If that won't help - try a "hard reset" which resets the phone to factory settings, if even that won't help - then it's time for another replacement ☹
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kj View Post
    Hmm... Try this: close all map programs you have, turn on Airplane mode (also, you might try removing SIM card) and then try your map programs again, while not being connected to cell or WiFi network... Try different map programs, like gMaps and such, to make sure it's not an app issue. If that won't help - try a "hard reset" which resets the phone to factory settings, if even that won't help - then it's time for another replacement ☹
    Sounds more like an AT&T network problem. GPS says I am in Alpharetto
  7. Alex Kj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Sounds more like an AT&T network problem. GPS says I am in Alpharetto
    That's why he should try it without being connected to ATT's network, so the phone will try to use the regular GPS without using location data from ATT's network 😉
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  8. fardream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    357 Posts
       #8  
    Thanks for all the helps. I've found out it's an ATT issue. Thanks. I will wait a few days and see if ATT sort itself out
  9. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    #9  
    Ya, im getting Glen Echo Maryland for my location. I am in California, jus thappened a couple days ago and its normal now. But over the past week, it has flipped flopped quite frequently. Pretty annoying.
  10. Zolotoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    220 Posts
    #10  
    Shows my current location correctly. I am in Rolling Meadows IL right now.
  11. Squatting Hen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    833 Posts
    Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    #11  
    Son of a ^%$

    Phone shows I am in Glen Echo again... I am getting tired of this.

    Nokia Drive
    Bing Local
    Amazing Weather

    Everything is wrong. Thankfully I don't have to use Nokia Drive today.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 02-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
  12. psykojello's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #12  
    Heh, yeah me too. Just got my Lumia 920 today and it thinks I'm in Glen Echo, MD. In the middle of that very same river :D

    I wonder whether people in Glen Echo will even realize there's anything wrong!
  13. boo516's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #13  
    Mine says I'm in the Hudson. However if I wait 10 min it can find me.
  14. carlosrdd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #14  
    My 920 says Glen Echo too... AT&T needs to fix this...
  15. Nimdock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    524 Posts
    #15  
    Damn just got hit with this... I am in Glen Echo... !@#$%^&

Similar Threads

  1. GPS Location is wrong
    By Mark Rozanski in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B