Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    So my yellow 920 has a few problems, and I figured, what the heck, get a replacement. But I don't want refurbished. Does anyone know if the replacement phones are refurbished? And if anyone got a replacement Lumia recently, is it still good, or even better?
  2. marveldave's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    So my yellow 920 has a few problems, and I figured, what the heck, get a replacement. But I don't want refurbished. Does anyone know if the replacement phones are refurbished? And if anyone got a replacement Lumia recently, is it still good, or even better?
    I received my Cyan replacement phone through ATT warranty in mid December and it was a refurbished. However, I also read from this forum that some people received brand new replacement phones. My replacement phone was in an excellent condition. It came with a brown box inside a bubble envelope, that's why I knew it was a refurb. The only concern I have with my replacement phone is the battery life. It actually has dust inside the FFC too, but it did not bother me so far.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by marveldave View Post
    I received my Cyan replacement phone through ATT warranty in mid December and it was a refurbished. However, I also read from this forum that some people received brand new replacement phones. My replacement phone was in an excellent condition. It came with a brown box inside a bubble envelope, that's why I knew it was a refurb. The only concern I have with my replacement phone is the battery life. It actually has dust inside the FFC too, but it did not bother me so far.
    Well my phone feels like the battery is loose. Also, I can feel loose parts like on my 900 (the 900 situation is normal, the 920 situation isn't).
  4. gladesmellzgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    So my yellow 920 has a few problems, and I figured, what the heck, get a replacement. But I don't want refurbished. Does anyone know if the replacement phones are refurbished? And if anyone got a replacement Lumia recently, is it still good, or even better?
    I have received 2 refurbs, they were both in absolutely great condition physically. Although my 1st replace had horrible battery life. I was having major Bluetooth issues and so they agreed to replace it. But they didn't have cyan for like a month so I just got white. This white one is great!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    I have received 2 refurbs, they were both in absolutely great condition physically. Although my 1st replace had horrible battery life. I was having major Bluetooth issues and so they agreed to replace it. But they didn't have cyan for like a month so I just got white. This white one is great!
    Mine is yellow, so I don't know if they have it in stock. The freaking website for yellow and cyan have been out of stock for like 2 months now!!
  6. gladesmellzgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Mine is yellow, so I don't know if they have it in stock. The freaking website for yellow and cyan have been out of stock for like 2 months now!!
    That sounds right they're still out of cyan the last time my friend called he's still waiting. I couldn't do it anymore.
  7.    #7  
    They have the yellow back in stock. :)
  8. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #8  
    I got a "reconditioned" phone from ATT and it was worse than my first. Two different audio problems with it (crackling and popping in Netflix, and nokia music mutes itself constantly). Soft resets, hard resets and reinstalls didn't fix the problem.

    I have to call ATT today to send back the replacement and ask for another replacement. This was initially done because of the random shut downs my phone was experiencing.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    I got a "reconditioned" phone from ATT and it was worse than my first. Two different audio problems with it (crackling and popping in Netflix, and nokia music mutes itself constantly). Soft resets, hard resets and reinstalls didn't fix the problem.

    I have to call ATT today to send back the replacement and ask for another replacement. This was initially done because of the random shut downs my phone was experiencing.
    Hope mine won't be like that.
  10. gtbuzz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #10  
    I did a warranty repair through Nokia and instead of repairing, they sent me a different phone (different IMEI). There's nothing to indicate that this was refurbished, so it was probably new, however if it was a refurb'd device, it is in pristine condition and there's nothing to indicate that's the case - absolutely no scratches or signs of wear anywhere. Before I sent it in, the Nokia rep I spoke to did mention that receiving a refurb device was a possibility though, but they couldn't say for sure.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtbuzz View Post
    I did a warranty repair through Nokia and instead of repairing, they sent me a different phone (different IMEI). There's nothing to indicate that this was refurbished, so it was probably new, however if it was a refurb'd device, it is in pristine condition and there's nothing to indicate that's the case - absolutely no scratches or signs of wear anywhere. Before I sent it in, the Nokia rep I spoke to did mention that receiving a refurb device was a possibility though, but they couldn't say for sure.
    Is Nokia better than AT&T?
  12. gtbuzz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Is Nokia better than AT&T?
    Hard to say honestly. I'm happy with the service Nokia gave me, but if I were to do it over again today, I'd probably try AT&T. The AT&T people I spoke to were willing to replace my phone for me and the would even send me a new phone before I sent mine back in. Problem was, they didn't have any replacement yellow 920's at the time. Nokia on the other hand, didn't care what color I had (also figured that if anyone had the yellows, they would), however they required me to send in my phone for service and didn't have any options for a loaner phone. I still had my 900 and was going to be out of town for a while anyway, so it all worked out for me. They paid for shipping both ways.

    Ultimately which one is better probably depends on your situation, but if you can talk AT&T into sending you a replacement before you send yours back, you'll probably have lower downtime with them. FWIW, from the time I dropped my phone off with UPS until the time I got it back was 13 days (6 business days if you take out shipping and weekends).
    Thanked by:
  13. 50000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #13  
    They should absolutely be using refurbished units for swaps. The only other option is to sell them as new which is unacceptable.

    But, why swap the phone anyway, it won't fix anything.
  14. gtbuzz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 50000 View Post
    But, why swap the phone anyway, it won't fix anything.
    How do you figure, because I disagree based on my experience. My phone was swapped out and I now have none of my original problems (crashing, ALS issues, proximity sensor issues).
  15. reckoner79's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #15  
    I just got my replacement today and its way worse than my original phone. Att is now sending me a second replacement, this sucks.
  16. KentuckyHouse's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #16  
    I just received a refurbished replacement phone that I bought from someone on another forum. He sent the original back in because of mic problems and once he received this one, he sold it to me.

    The thing looks brand new. Not a mark on it. Everything functions perfectly and it came with Portico already installed. One other thing to note...the replacement only has the "globe" AT&T logo in the top left corner, as opposed to the original globe plus AT&T. This indicates to me that it's from a newer lot or "second run".

    I wouldn't hesitate to get a replacement or refurbished unit now.

Similar Threads

  1. SOLVED: Warranty exchange - new or refurbished? Lumia 920
    By marveldave in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 06:31 PM
  2. Does Nokia lumia 920 support usb mass storage?
    By Vitogalaxy in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 08:12 AM
  3. Anybody disappointed that the Lumia 920 doesn't have a 4.8" screen?
    By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
  4. predict unlocked prices for the nokia lumia 920 and lumia 820
    By geekmaster in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM
  5. Reasons to get the Samsung Ativ S over Nokia Lumia 920?
    By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

B