Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By realwarder

So, forgive my naivety but as someone who prefers to keep hold of a phone for a good number of years (4/5) and not upgrade every so often, what would be the general view of what to do when this happens?

- Will there be many a Microsoft store (like Apple?) where this could be replaced?
    - Will the battery deteriorate before this time anyway, will it still be decent enough to use? (My unibody MacBook has only depleted about 30% in 3 years of everyday use).
    - If this is a relatively important concern of mine, is better to opt for the Samsung Ativ S?

Anything else? Please express your views!

Thanks!

I've had my Lumia 800 for over a year now, and so far there has been no noticeable change in the battery life.
    However - all batteries will eventually fade... so you'll be left with a choice... can I live with the more frequent charging? or am I willing to send it to Nokia for a battery replacement? or should I get a new phone now.
    in my opinion... wireless charging will help! I envisage that within the next year, I'll have a wireless charging plate in my car... and at home... and it'll be much easier to keep the battery topped up! :-)

I think if you remove the 2 screws at the bottom you can replace it yourself pretty easily... despite it being 'non-replaceable'.

There will certainly be enough websites showing you how by the time you need to.
    darki5 likes this.
    Starts at 3:30...just need to remove the two visible screws at the bottom..one more on the inside and disconnect the ribbon wire.

easy peasy. Just like what I had to do with an iPod when it died on us.

Nokia Lumia 920 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement - YouTube!
    Thanked by: