- 01-22-2013, 09:16 PM #1
I'm Canadian and since I'm on Bell, I can't get the Nokia 920...
Off contract, Rogers wants $600 whereas ATT wants $450...no brainer.
Can I walk into an ATT store in the US and buy the phone outright without a contract?
Also, ATT are offering a 2 for 1 or a free wireless charger...is this only on contract?
01-22-2013, 09:27 PM #2
- 1,607 Posts
You might be able to buy one, but they won't unlock it for you for at least 3 more months. (6 months after release) Even then it'll likely be a hassle. I'm willing to bet the plan you have with Bell will cost you at least the extra $150 before you can use it. I'm on Bell also. Settled for the Ativ when my HD7 broke, but I'll be picking up a white Rogers 920 with my income tax return...
And the 2 for 1 is contract pricing only. Don't know about the charging pad offer.
- 01-22-2013, 10:49 PM #5
I'm not really sure what you mean when you say it will cost another $150...You can unlock it for $30 or $40 with an unlocker service...
Would the local ATT store give me any grief since I will not buy a plan? I don't want to drive a couple of hours and get some asshat giving me grief...
Be nice to get the charger but it's not a deal breaker.
I emaile Elop and he replied (or his secretary did...said it was him)...I was complaining that there is no way for me to buy a Nokia Lumia on Bell Canada...didn't give me any options but it was cool he replied a few times to me...
- By sanjeev40084 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
- By konner920 in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM
- By Piratelooksat40 in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 6Last Post: 10-29-2012, 06:51 PM
- By AnIrudha in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2012, 07:56 AM
- By MikeySoft in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 59Last Post: 07-23-2012, 10:21 PM