Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I cant access anything MS right now and haven't been able to for about half hour. Anyone else? No Skydrive, Outlook, error codes in Xbox Music. My phone tells me my password is wrong. My RT tells me my password has expired. And I can't get Outlook or Skydrive to open properly in browser. Says they are having problems, check back later. Am I the only one or are they experiencing problems.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    No problem here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Ok. I've reset my password. No change. Dallas, TX. I get "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." And I can't even sign in to get some Live help. Outlook, live, hotmail all useless. I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue. It has to be a MS account problem because I can not use any service for that account.

Have you checked your phone's time and date??
    I had this problem when I first got my Lumia 920 because the auto setting set the wrong time and date so I couldn't log into my MS account. I just manually changed them to the correct time and date and it then worked.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    It wasn't time and date. I couldn't access MS, outlook, SkyDrive, Xbox music on any platform or web. I was finally able to log in to a @live account I have attached to MS/outlook account and it let me in and I was able to change passwords and finally get everything going again. I don't know exactly what it was and chat with support was useless. I don't think it was password expiration because it didn't give me the option to change it. It just would not let me in to any service. I was just afraid my account was high jacked and who knows what was going on. I'm a little skeptical about having so much info tied together so neatly. It works now. Maybe some maintenance or the cleaning guy hit the wrong switch. Got me.
    That's weird. I just noticed this thread now, but I had no issues with outlook.com during the time period you had problems with service. If you want to check outages, go here. https://status.live.com/
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. I guess it was just a problem with my account. Just strange. I've never had a problem like this before and I've used hotmail since 2000.
    Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    Thanks for the link. I guess it was just a problem with my account. Just strange. I've never had a problem like this before and I've used hotmail since 2000.
    You're welcome. That is an odd bug, especially since you've had hotmail for such a long time.

I'm also unable to sign in to my Microsoft Account on the PC today (Skydrive, Hotmail, Messenger) although Hotmail works on the phone. Resetting the password hasn't helped. Have been getting the same error message as you Conan. Not sure what to do :/
    Quote Originally Posted by niteshade1975 View Post
    I'm also unable to sign in to my Microsoft Account on the PC today (Skydrive, Hotmail, Messenger) although Hotmail works on the phone. Resetting the password hasn't helped. Have been getting the same error message as you Conan. Not sure what to do :/
    You can report issues here. https://status.live.com/report
    I logged into outlook.com, no problem.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niteshade1975 View Post
    I have a @live account attached to my MS account in addition to the outlook address I was having problems with. I was able to log into it and get to my @outlook settings and change password. Was then able to change the rest if my devices and login. Cleared up my problem whatever it was. I haven't been to the link in above post, but every place I did go asked for ma to login, which of course did me no good as that was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    I have a @live account attached to my MS account in addition to the outlook address I was having problems with. I was able to log into it and get to my @outlook settings and change password. Was then able to change the rest if my devices and login. Cleared up my problem whatever it was. I haven't been to the link in above post, but every place I did go asked for ma to login, which of course did me no good as that was the problem.
    I also have an @outlook account attached to my hotmail but that was also having the same issue so I was essentially locked out of everything, even Windows Phone signed itself out :/
    I resorted to resetting the password a few times. Didn't help, kept getting the same error message "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later" each time.
    The problem did resolve itself overnight though. This morning as I was trying to sign in, I was asked to reset my password (yet again) and verify my account information including that of my linked account (@outlook). Everything's fine for the moment.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I wondered if issue just happened to get resolved by the time I logged into my other account. Maybe some maintenance going on or they were having a problem with a certain area of network. I haven't had any problems since and I hope it stays that way. I know with everything MS I linking together it is a nightmare to keep everything up and running still make progress. I just hope its a few and far between and not a regular issue.