- 01-18-2013, 04:51 AM #1
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I'm listening to music with my headphones plugged in and my Lumia 920 rings, the ringing comes from the main speaker itself rather than the headphones - is there a way I can change this or is this a fault/feature?
01-21-2013, 07:15 AM #4
- 102 Posts
I have just checked and on my phone, the ring tone comes from both: phone's speaker and my in-ear phones. Same story when my bluetooth headset is connected.
I have a Portico update, though, don't remember how it was behaving previously before update but I could have sworn, that it was the same?
- 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM #7
Unplug your headphones? Hardly difficult.
The option should be there to turn it off. Last thing I want on a packed train is to have my phone loudly ringing when I'm listening to music. Yes, I could turn it to vibrate each time I play music but that's not really the point.
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM #12
- 468 Posts
It makes tons of sense, but only if you have a separate volume track, which Windows Phone does not. Which is still absurd.
It works the way you described in Android too, and works really well--example, I often plug my GS3 into my car when I get into the car, but I'm not always listening to music through it, I'll often flip through the radio. If I got a call and the notification only came through the headphones I'd miss it, but it rings through the speaker, so I hear it.
And it works really well on Android in your scenario too, because it has a separate volume track. You mute the notification ringer, but you can still control the headphone volume. Another thing WP can't do. Urgh.
- By hafeezpunjani in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 05-14-2013, 09:11 AM
- By huang318 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 35Last Post: 04-03-2013, 12:02 PM
- By maverick786us in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 47Last Post: 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
- By vincentw56 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
- By baileystein in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM