Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

I've had mine for 2 and a half months now, and I have only restarted my phone twice. Ever!

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Haven't yet, 2 weeks in...
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, iPad 1, Palm Pre, iPhone 4, Nokia 920, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPhone 5s, iPad Air, Surface 2.

Yes, I have a problem...

i start chargning it wirelessly about 2.5 hours before i sleep. when i notice it's full i take it off. before i sleep i turn it off. in the morning i would turn it on again:
    in other words, daily.

since a smartphone is like a computer in your palm, restarting occasionally helps a lot with speed and stability

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    i start chargning it wirelessly about 2.5 hours before i sleep. when i notice it's full i take it off. before i sleep i turn it off. in the morning i would turn it on again:
    in other words, daily.

since a smartphone is like a computer in your palm, restarting occasionally helps a lot with speed and stability
    this is in line with my thinking also. there's ram in this phone and as someone else said there can be ram leaks. clearing the ram and giving it a fresh start is very beneficial. so thats why i restart it every morning right after i take it off the charger. also when you hold down the power button you only get an option to shut down the phone. it doesnt restart. you will have to then hold down the power button again til it vibrates to get it to come back on. restart option would take out the need to hold down the power button to turn it back on. some ppl have said their power button has started to get a lil loose. a restart option would help with that also because there would be less times to hold the power button. unless you never restart your phone then in that case it wouldnt matter, hehe.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Restarts:
    My computer at home once a month
    My computer at work twice a month
    My wireless router 2 or 3 times a month
    My streaming BD Player 3 or more times/month
    My previous android: 5 or more times /Month
    My WP8 :never

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just hold down the power button for a while and it will shut down and restart automatically. When you see the slide screen to shut down, continue to hold down the power button and the phone will shut off and restart on it's own.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walter1832 View Post
    Just hold down the power button for a while and it will shut down and restart automatically. When you see the slide screen to shut down, continue to hold down the power button and the phone will shut off and restart on it's own.
    that sounds alot like a soft reset. a restart option would actually go through the process of shutting down like the normal shut off does then restart the phone for you.

so i just tried this and my phone doesnt restart at all. hehe. the shut down option comes up but after some seconds the screen just shuts off while i'm still holding down the power button. if i let the power button go and hit it again the lock screen just comes back up and the phone never restarted.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Only if I see a drastic battery drain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

never. I can always get 2 days of battery life.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faded03cobra View Post
    how do u do that? Send 1 text message a day?

As I've been playing around with the Nokia, I'm finding all apps to do with the GPS, the camera, surfing the web, downloading apps, and I'm sure there's more, are battery hogs. A soft re-boot after closing any of the mentioned down will stop the heavy discharge. I just took a break, saw and took a picture of a cross on a church I go to on Fridays. I checked my battery in settings. It was 58% with 3 hours remaining. Did a re-boot, and now have 55% with 1 day and 2 hours remaining. The equipment, and apps tend to keep using energy in the background even after being turned off. My BB did the same thing. Ctrl-alt-del did the trick on it. Oh Well, just the nature of the beast.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faded03cobra View Post
    lol is all I can say

Why should you restart? :D

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AF4590 View Post
    Why should you restart? :D
    let me guess. you didnt read this thread for that answer and just blindly posted?

Have been owning it since 1st Jan. The screen got stuck today, and hence I had to reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    let me guess. you didnt read this thread for that answer and just blindly posted?
    No I did read the whole thred, I just dont see the point by restarting. Had mine for some 4 weeks now without reboot ;)
    Developer

I never reboot my phone. Sometime it auto-reboot at random time but it happened 2/3 times since I bought it.

I just reset my phone after install or uninstall app. I still cannot leave my Microsoft pc concept even though no proof it's necessary:)

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    My phone was at 83%, so I shut it down an turned it on and it went to 76%, so I did a soft reset and it went to 91%. So soft reset does help to stop whatever is draining battery because in 3 hrs idle it should never do that. Its always after a full charge that I have to restart. Hate this bug

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AF4590 View Post
    No I did read the whole thred, I just dont see the point by restarting. Had mine for some 4 weeks now without reboot ;)
    hey can u try charging it full and then leaving it off charger and see how much it drains? And then in the morning do a soft reset and ser if battery will jump back up. Thanks, I wanna see if its software or what
    Banned

only when it locks up

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I normally restart my L920 once or twice a week. I had a few problems of fast discharging during the night in a couple of occasions (like 70-80%) also if i always close all the apps opened in the background/multitasking and it was in airplane mode.
    It was strange since normally it can drain of max 3%, but I had the same episodes on my previous iPhone, and not only when it got a little older! Apart from a couple of apps which made it freeze I never noticed any particular slowdown also after a week w/o restart.

I restart daily to get an accurate reading on battery life. Go into settings and look at the percentage of charge reported by "batter saver". Now reboot your phone and go look at the percentage again and you will notice it changes. For me it typically reports anywhere from 10-15% more battery charge than it did before the restart. I did this experiment with a friends Nokia 920 and had similar results. Not sure if its a battery issue or WP issue.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapester View Post
    I restart daily to get an accurate reading on battery life. Go into settings and look at the percentage of charge reported by "batter saver". Now reboot your phone and go look at the percentage again and you will notice it changes. For me it typically reports anywhere from 10-15% more battery charge than it did before the restart. I did this experiment with a friends Nokia 920 and had similar results. Not sure if its a battery issue or WP issue.
    thank god I'm not by myself on this one, thought I was going crazy, battery jumps like crazy after soft reset

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I was restarting (soft reset) my phone once a day or so because I felt that my battery was having issues. The restart though started causing my live tiles to act up, so I quit doing that. Now I would only restart if I get a lockup or something similar.
    Same here, exactly.
    Sent from my smart computer.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12