Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B T C
  • 1 Post By brianLTE
  1.    #1  
    Hey people, I know I'm an *****. But it's because I had faith with 920's gorilla glass that I spun my lumia 920 on the smooth table facing downwards while I'm bored. They are only minor scratches though. Shall I get a new one from Nokia? Suggestions? Thanks. :(

Firstly, and in agreement with your appraisal of your actions, WTF!

Secondly, they may not be glass scratches. It may be a scratch on the coating on top of the glass. I have a few on mine, not deal breakers for me, but I wish I had purchased a decent screen protector.

I wouldn't send it back to Nokia.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Do you even get a new one for scratching up your own phone?

Sounds to good to be true. Without screen protection you will end up with small scratches anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sheng Lim View Post
    Shall I get a new one from Nokia? Suggestions? Thanks. :(
    Yes, please buy a replacement from Nokia*. User damage isn't covered by warranty.

* as a stockholder, I welcome every little bit of income for Nokia.

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    My dad did the same thing, his screen is pretty rough now. I'm not sure what goes through some people's minds.
  6.    #6  
    I would like to thank you guys for replying. I know I'm dumb. :) I really thought it was scratch resistant. Cuz I watched some videos which uses knife on 920, and not a scratch is found! Well, too much faith in gorilla glass is not good I guess. thanks again. :D

I ran over mine with a lawn mower, but only because I thought these phones were supposed to be tough. It shattered into 4-5 pieces. Perhaps saying it shattered is an overreaction. Regardless, with other phones I think that number would have been much higher.
    Vavali likes this.

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    I ran over mine with a lawn mower, but only because I thought these phones were supposed to be tough. It shattered into 4-5 pieces. Perhaps saying it shattered is an overreaction. Regardless, with other phones I think that number would have been much higher.
    Maybe this post is a troll, but I'll still bite.

Walk me through the incident. You were mowing the lawn, back and forth, and you noticed, 10 feet ahead, that your phone had been dropped and was now in the path of your mower. You almost stopped mowing to pick it up, but then thought "This phone is supposed to be tough, I'll wait until I run over it, and then I'll lean down so I don't have to stop mowing. I can just swoop by and grab it." Is this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    Maybe this post is a troll, but I'll still bite.

Walk me through the incident. You were mowing the lawn, back and forth, and you noticed, 10 feet ahead, that your phone had been dropped and was now in the path of your mower. You almost stopped mowing to pick it up, but then thought "This phone is supposed to be tough, I'll wait until I run over it, and then I'll lean down so I don't have to stop mowing. I can just swoop by and grab it." Is this accurate?
    I was joking. I didn't actually mow my phone just because I thought the phone was durable and could survive a trip through the mower.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I think the true question here is, Will it blend?
    strikexx likes this.

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    I was joking. I didn't actually mow my phone just because I thought the phone was durable and could survive a trip through the mower.
    So why did you mow your phone then?
  12.    #12  
    It's sarcasm. =__=

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    After having the Lumia 920 since day one, I got some N A S T Y scratched on the lower half of the screen, mainly to the left side. One of them, was so deep, in fact, you could feel the ridge of the scratch. I know how and when the big one occurred. One month ago, I set it down, screen down, not really paying attention, when a co-worker moved to out of the way. I heard a grinding noise when it was done, and sure as ****, I picked it up, and saw the scratches. Coincidentally, I started having battery issues this week, and had he device replaced. The first thing I did, was order a Zagg screen protector. I don't want anymore ugly scratches.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I have quite a harsh scratch on my screen, about 8mm long and you can feel it with your finger/nail.

Screen isn't as tough as I thought it would be - should have got a screen protector!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Although Im very meticolous on how I handle my phone ( practically do it with kid gloves), I actually purchased an in-store warranty on my phone from Radio Shack . . Basically, anytime that there's an issue, I can always go back to the store for a brand new phone. Even if they arent able to resolve the issue by giving me a new phone, they'll actually give me the full value of the phone off contract . . Nice to have around just in case :)