Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Just thought to share this as ive trawled the internet and spent hours speaking to both Orang and Phones4U with both recommending to speak to the other to get the thing unlocked as the IMEI is not registered?!

Anyway im on a contract with Orange via Phones4U and I ordered an unlocking code from FoneFunShop and wasnt really expecting it to work but 7 days later (and 35) it did! Imahappychappy again

Global Posts
    13,729 Global Posts
    Though having an unlocked phone is great, the main issue is that the phone is still tied to the update cycle of EE (Orange/T-mobile) because the phone is still an EE product code. So you won't get updates any faster (or possibly at all) if EE doesn't release them.

This is the one sad thing about carrier locked phones which I am going to avoid at all costs the next time I get a phone.

BTW I unlocked my EE phone ages ago using FoneFunShop as well. :)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
    I'm on Instagram - nlarue1971 - Travel and food photos is my thing taken by my L920

I will never buy a phone from Phones4U again they suck. Will go straight to the carriers next time or buy one straight up if I can.

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts
    just to counter the they 'suck' claim. i've bought 3 simfree phones from p4u in the past 2 years. not a single issue. 2 phones were returned under the 7 day dsr rule no questions asked. free delivery and free returns. shop with confidence. Phones 4u recognised as 'Best High Street Retailer' at the Mobile Industry Awards for second year running