- 01-17-2013, 03:11 AM #1
Just thought to share this as ive trawled the internet and spent hours speaking to both Orang and Phones4U with both recommending to speak to the other to get the thing unlocked as the IMEI is not registered?!
Anyway im on a contract with Orange via Phones4U and I ordered an unlocking code from FoneFunShop and wasnt really expecting it to work but 7 days later (and £35) it did! Imahappychappy again
- 01-23-2014, 02:07 AM #2
Though having an unlocked phone is great, the main issue is that the phone is still tied to the update cycle of EE (Orange/T-mobile) because the phone is still an EE product code. So you won't get updates any faster (or possibly at all) if EE doesn't release them.
This is the one sad thing about carrier locked phones which I am going to avoid at all costs the next time I get a phone.
BTW I unlocked my EE phone ages ago using FoneFunShop as well. :)Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I'm on Instagram - nlarue1971 - Travel and food photos is my thing taken by my L920
- 01-23-2014, 04:48 AM #4
just to counter the they 'suck' claim. i've bought 3 simfree phones from p4u in the past 2 years. not a single issue. 2 phones were returned under the 7 day dsr rule no questions asked. free delivery and free returns. shop with confidence. Phones 4u recognised as 'Best High Street Retailer' at the Mobile Industry Awards for second year running
- By Slai in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 05-09-2013, 05:57 AM
- By style89 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 01-01-2013, 09:32 AM
- By ThisIsSlender in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
- By AnIrudha in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2012, 07:56 AM
- By Nataku4ca in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 01-20-2012, 03:44 PM