Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

First poster here. Just ordered an unlocked lumia 920 (black) from Handtec and very very excited. Finally traded away my crappy htc one x so exctited to join the club. Have been doing a lot of pre-reading on here concerning firmwares....do you recommend flashing the portico (e.g. belgium firmware) or something similar as soon as I can, or be patient and wait for an OTA one? Am fully aware that portico has some bugs etc..but also aware that navifirm is being shut come february.

I have a mac, so it would mean a bit of a shag installing windows via bootcamp etc to use navifirm (which I have used before to debrand a lumia 800) but I don't mind doing it if you think it's worth it. Thanks a lot and hi everyone.

ps. am fully aware my phone is new and MIGHT have the new firmware already on but i bought mine from handtec and they've had stock of black for quite a while so it may well be 'old' stock.

Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, Nokia/MS have pulled the Portico updates from the servers so you won't be able to download the firmware from Navifirm. Looks like you will just have to wait until February(ish) for the official release.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    Unfortunately, Nokia/MS have pulled the Portico updates from the servers so you won't be able to download the firmware from Navifirm. Looks like you will just have to wait until February(ish) for the official release.
    Nothing to really ad there than just wait. Get the phone and if you don't have portico already, test if you have problems. If not, then just wait for the OTA.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Awesome, ok thanks a lot for the quick reply, will do as you say. x