Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By helsten2
  • 1 Post By jdhooghe
  • 1 Post By ImAdrian23

Since we're past Portico and glaring issues with the OS persist, has Microsoft made any recent announcements as to when they will release another update for WP8?

No, though I'd expect that at MWC in a few weeks they will give a roadmap.

I really hope they don't make us wait for a huge release update to address ongoing battery drain issues. Something is not right with the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by denzilla View Post
    Since we're past Portico ...
    FYI: Most of the world are NOT past Portico ...

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helsten2 View Post
    FYI: Most of the world are NOT past Portico ...

Calm down. Portico has been released and it is shown to be lackluster. It is known that it didn't fix some problems and caused other problems. We are fully aware that there are those that did not receive it.
    Jazmac likes this.

Well, at least WP team need to rewrite the Messaging app to support skype for the coming update.

Let's wait MWC for the Spring update...

Quote Originally Posted by xsonwong View Post
    Well, at least WP team need to rewrite the Messaging app to support skype for the coming update.

Let's wait MWC for the Spring update...
    Doubtful, since this was rolled into messenger, they'll do most changes on the backend. Eventually we may see skype show as the name in the accounts list. It would also be nice to chose what accounts are online.

I honestly think it's a bad idea for them to wait till spring to update. The problems people are experiencing are making WP8 look bad and isn't helping Nokia's image either. The Lumia 920 appears to have some design flaws, but some of the problems are with the OS itself.

I honestly think it's a bad idea for them to wait till spring to update. The problems people are experiencing are making WP8 look bad and isn't helping Nokia's image either. The Lumia 920 appears to have some design flaws, but some of the problems are with the OS itself.
    I wish they can come out with something sooner. Portico was a quick update with some new features I personally would rather wait until they stabilize a build and roll it out I am confident the WP8 can get that done.

I am going to assume MWC the WP8 team will open the flood gates to the tech geeks that want priority upgrades. Allow some people to run the new OS figure out the bugs then roll it out to the general public around May-April.

Then I expect a small Portico like upgrade in July-August and then a new update coming this Fall. So maybe 2 big updates a year 2 smaller fixes then bam you have a good cycle.

I concur. They need to get out an update focused on addressing the current issues. We don't need more features at this point, just an update that fixes the random background app power usage and excessive heat and power usage when GPS is used.

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I would expect to see a product cycle across the board similar to Xbox. A spring update and a fall update for Windows 8, WP8, and Xbox. Maybe not all at fall/spring, maybe some Winter/Summer for a product category. If they timed it right, Microsoft could have big news hitting every month throughout the year.
  12. GT2010PassportVersion
    Amm not all of us are like you I actually like having more features that's an real update for fixes patch num nuts
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GT2010PassportVersion View Post
    Amm not all of us are like you I actually like having more features that's an real update for fixes patch num nuts
    Can we please avoid the personal attacks?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:

I hope they update XBOX music FIRST and their useless Sync Tool.
    Thanked by:
    jasqid 
    Ronald Brown likes this.

I really like XBOX Music. Yes its pretty awful at matching your existing music but hard work manually matching the music where XBOX Music cannot do it is possible. It took me 3-4 hrs to get 99% of my music library matched and now its there across all devices. As for sync, I don't get the annoyance some people have with that. Why use a sync tool??? Why not just use windows explorer to move data across??

The one thing I think is really needed is an update to sort out battery issues. Lasting a day does not seem to be possible with normal usage.
    Xbox Music is DEFINITELY being addressed in WP8.1
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Xbox Music is DEFINITELY being addressed in WP8.1
    Do you know what is changing?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlive View Post
    Do you know what is changing?
    Nope, but more than a few members who contacted Xbox Music team (esp regarding renewal of subscription, including me) have been told this will be fixed with WP8.1

So don't know what/how many issues with Xbox Music will be fixed, but some rather annoying things like lag, cloud integration are definitely being addressed.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Speaking of the Xbox music, why the heck can't I make and save a playlist? Is that crazy or what. I can't even do it on my Surface and send it to my phone! That's fundamental in a music player and they dropped the ball on that one.