Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Global Posts
    2,189 Global Posts
    I have had mine for 2 days but I think its great I would absolutely recommend it!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Simple...YES.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Yes I still do, even after 4 of them. Once u get the perfect one its nice I Rate it at 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    No, I wouldn't recommend 920. I've finally got decent battery life after two devices and 3 months of trial and error. I can make it 12-14 hrs as long as almost everything is off and I don't use it. Camera is point, click, bad picture, adjust settings, try again, adjust settings, try again, adjust settings, try again adjust settings, and finally a good picture. Had dust under ffc on first device, didn't care I don't use ffc, but haven't had problem with this one. I don't find any of the Nokia apps a must have, but that's just me. I'm waiting for next flagship device so I can be done with my 920. Its ok, but for $500 I feel like I bought a mid grade phone with mediocre build quality. Not a top tier phone it was hyped to be.
    I have a feeling all that turmoil, though not your fault, has more spoiled the phone for you than the actual phone.

I can say that this is the best phone I've ever owned, having previously owned several iOS devices and Android. I lose 4.3% of battery per hour with HEAVY usage (10,000 texts a month, 2+ gigs of data), no background tasks blocked and several live tiles. I usually end the day with plenty of battery to spare.
    As far as the camera, it takes excellent photos. I am usually at a bar with my friends on the weekend, and they are always blown away at the quality of the photos.
    I am not a heavy app user, but I am a traveling musician and Nokia Drive is excellent.

I think the biggest issue that a lot of people take for granted about WP8 is the fluidity and response of the OS.... There is absolutely no input lag even under the most stressful conditions, which I believe is more a testament to WP8 than the Lumia 920.

Yes, I have the iPhone 5 and nexus 4 and neither of them are flawless. They have their own issues. IPhone 5 is so fragile and nexus 4 lack of LTE and only 8 and 16GB. As long as you understand the Nokia Lumia 920 weakness you will be happy with it. This phone is very gorgeous. And the most important to me, it is different.
    worldfar likes this.

No!

I've had my 920 for a bit over a month and it locks up every now and then. Call quality is actually quite good. Battery life is absurdly bad, and it doesn't matter what I turn off, not that I should have to. Camera isn't nearly what Nokia said it would be, and now dust is building up around the front sensor. I plan on calling att and getting a replacement, if that phone doesn't offer better battery life and better overall quality I'm going to demand a refund.

Got my 920 on release day. I would have no problems recomending it.

It has it's pros and cons like anything but I like it better than any iphone or android phone I have ever used.

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts
    This is the best piece of innovation in a cell phone I have ever had. Definitely recommend!!!
    Sent from my Lumia 920 C3P0.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
    Yes. As long they realize it's potential and understand it's limitations at the present time.
    Yes, what you said. For me the phone is fun to use. For my dad, I just recommended an iPhone to him. Everyone in my family has iPhones, and facetime is great for him. The simplicity is good too. I have had iPhones since the first one, and am just bored with the OS. I tried a 920, S3, and an iPhone 5 before settling on my yellow 920.

It is a great phone, just make sure it does what you NEED now, and hope that it can do what you WANT in the future (Logmein or VPN anyone?).
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, iPad 1, Palm Pre, iPhone 4, Nokia 920, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPhone 5s, iPad Air, Surface 2.

Yes, I have a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by dustin337 View Post
    I have a feeling all that turmoil, though not your fault, has more spoiled the phone for you than the actual phone.

I can say that this is the best phone I've ever owned, having previously owned several iOS devices and Android. I lose 4.3% of battery per hour with HEAVY usage (10,000 texts a month
    BS!! With moderate use I see a battery loss of 30 to 40% an hour.
    Last edited by Andyshine77; 01-12-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Depends on who I'm talking to. Can not fully recommend until you can watch and buy videos, music problems are solved and Skype is as easy to use as face time. But right now I couldn't imagine walking half my family through the switch from ios.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    BS!! With moderate use I see a battery loss of 30 to 40%

....an hour? Then something is inherently wrong with your device, unless you're being sarcastic. This is off topic though, so PM if you'd like a screenshot of my battery stats.

Another thing to point out, the people posting on forums are typically the people experiencing problems with their devices. So while it may seem like a large sum of people are having issues it's just that the larger sum who aren't having issues are busy enjoying it.
    Alex Kj and Andyshine77 like this.

had every single problem reported on my first 920 bought on release weekend, except for freezing and rebooting.
    just got my replacement 2 days ago and this new device is perfect! faultless!
    get it!
    Banned

I would of said no in November but by now they have probably sorted the battery issues and any hardware defects. It's a decent phone. Would I straight swap for an iPhone 5? Yes but then I would sell it, buy another Lumia and have a bit of change lol

Global Posts
    1,502 Global Posts
    Yes. Btw, my battery life was never awful, but its unreal now. I can always make it into the second day on a charge. I have two push emails; weather, battery and a wallpaper app on my lock screen; plus Skype, IM+, and other stuff running in the background.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    Yes. Btw, my battery life was never awful, but its unreal now. I can always make it into the second day on a charge. I have two push emails; weather, battery and a wallpaper app on my lock screen; plus Skype, IM+, and other stuff running in the background.
    how did it get this good? New phone?

yes get it
    gorgeous phone

I sure would. Most of my complaints are little, and most likely will get ironed out in the future.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I love my Lumia 920. It is the best smartphone I've *ever* owned. Battery life is superb, the screen is lovely, the camera works fantastically for me (I never knew how much low-light photos I took until I saw how much this camera did for me!), the OS is lovely, and it's physical design is stylish and distinctive. Music sounds great on headphones and for some kinds of music the dolby digital processing improves the sound.

The only serious drawback is the app selection, but if you are ok with that then it is an excellent phone. (And if you do decide the app situation is problematic, queue up for a nexus 4 when you can, that's an excellent device too if you aren't bothered by the lack of LTE. That's my second phone, and hspa+ on t-mobile has done surprisingly well for me.)

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by umang_k91 View Post
    i am currently using a lumia 800. Build wise I'd say its the best phone i have seen. My use is rough and yet the phone looks perfectly good. I am considering buying a wp8 device soon. The ativ s is not an option, so its basically between the 920 and the 8x.The 920 being built on the lines of the 800 would be the ideal choice for me. However after reading several posts here I'm not as sure anymore. The 920 seems to have several problems- dust under the screen, restarts, bad battery life, phone heating up and build quality not being up to the standard of the 800. Reading about these things has made me wonder if the 920 is actually the better choice. I am particularly concerned about the battery life problems as thats the one thing i dislike about my 800. i need to charge it twice a day. when i told the nokia care people it lasts only 6-7 hours a day they said thats what it should be and refused to take any action. iv been reading the 8x forums and it seems to have its own set of problems too, but fewer than the ones here. i do get that the people with the problems are more vocal than the others but i find the number of problems experienced here to be extremely high. I wanted to know if everyone is facing some problems or the other with the 920, or just a few people with bad luck on the day. I want to be sure about what i get into before i buy the device, as Nokia Care is quite useless unless the problem is too obvious. I just wanted to know if you'll are enjoying the device as much as you expected to. Thanks

The 8x costs about $100 less than the 920 here in india
    dont take the posts with the people having an issue as being the majority of 920 owners. they're more like the 10%. so to answer your thread title question i would say yes and i already have.

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    dont take the posts with the people having an issue as being the majority of 920 owners. they're more like the 10%. so to answer your thread title question i would say yes and i already have.
    You do realize 10% is a huge number.
    Thanked by:

Love the 920 - So far had zero issues. The latest Skydrive update fixed an issue I thought was the PDF reader but was actually a Skydrive issue. Have an 820 its fine but run into storage/memory issues already. Just ordered 5th 920 for business.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    And if you're part of that 10%, its kind of hard to recommend the phone to anyone. I tell my family to get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.
    Andyshine77 likes this.

And if you're part of that 10%, its kind of hard to recommend the phone to anyone. I tell my family to get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.
    I do the same but I say that wp8 is where I.os was @ 2-3 years ago and android was 2 years ago building up market fixing bugs (well android is in some way still there)

Skickat frn min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

get iPhone because it works. I can't stand anything Apple but I know they won't be disappointed with hardware or software for their needs.
    LOLz... Tell that to the many of iPhone 5 owners who can't even last a day on single charge after latest iOS (6.0.2) update... 100's of posts about it on Apple's own forums. Even my iPhone 4S had noticeably decreased battery life after I updated it with iOS 6 (nothing helped until I restored it to factory default and then set it up as new device, without using backups). I don't hate Apple (I still use a bunch of their devices, including iPad, Apple TV and MacBookPro), but the quality of both their hardware (iPhone 5 with its thin, flimsy aluminum frame and backside) and software (battery life problems for a lot of people since iOS 6 release, awful Maps app for which they had to publicly apologize, etc.) is in a very disappointing state of continuous decline right now.
    Bartdog likes this.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast