Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Guus2
  • 1 Post By cameradork
  • 1 Post By cameradork

Is there a landscape lock for the 920? I tried looking at every setting and couldn't find it. If there isn't then thats pretty crappy of Nokia....

Sadly there's no global orientation lock... Some apps do have this feature, but most don't. One of the things I really miss after switching from my iPhone...

We NEED landscape lock, I already made a topic about this subject in the past. It's really stupid that this isn't included in Windows Phone 8. I hope that there will be a fix soon....
    Gergolos likes this.

Nope, it sucks because I like to read and play around on my phone before while laying down. Hope they implement one soon

Pretty sure that would be a Microsoft (WP8) thing, not a Nokia thing. It's an OS control that overrides the orientation for every app. I'll bet that's pretty low on the priority list for new features, and I doubt devs can access system-level resources like that to make an app for it, so you'd probably be better off writing to the app devs that write whatever apps you want locked and ask that they include an orientation lock feature.
    Thanked by:
    K Rad 
    Pontifex likes this.

Damn that sucks to hear! Does anyone know any browser apps that may offer this?
    :'(

Quote Originally Posted by fieldsy1024 View Post
    Damn that sucks to hear! Does anyone know any browser apps that may offer this?
    :'(
    Try UC Browser, it offers orientation lock, as well as other useful stuff... Just search for it in app store.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kj View Post
    Try UC Browser, it offers orientation lock, as well as other useful stuff... Just search for it in app store.

Will do...thanks Alex!

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Pretty sure that would be a Microsoft (WP8) thing, not a Nokia thing. It's an OS control that overrides the orientation for every app. I'll bet that's pretty low on the priority list for new features, and I doubt devs can access system-level resources like that to make an app for it, so you'd probably be better off writing to the app devs that write whatever apps you want locked and ask that they include an orientation lock feature.
    Nokia Reading has an orientation lock so it's not a difficult thing to implement. If specific apps can utilise this feature then MS can implement it system wide.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    Nokia Reading has an orientation lock so it's not a difficult thing to implement. If specific apps can utilise this feature then MS can implement it system wide.
    Agreed, I was saying that they probably didn't make that level of control (system-wide orientation lock) available to 3rd party devs. Android has a few 3rd party apps in the marketplace that allow for system-wide rotation lock - they work well on some devices, but not others, and not all the time (typical Android annoyance).

MS could probably implement it very easily (assuming all current hardware mfrs use standard orientation sensor components), I'm just guessing it's not terribly high on their to-do list vs. other features users are still waiting for.
    Pontifex likes this.