Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ianwasheretoo

jan 29!!! yeeyyy!!!!!

I know a lot of people working in Nokia Philippines and all of them have confirmed that on January 29, we can still drool and dream of when it will come.
    cuzincurly likes this.

is the lumia an international one? any difference between UK and EU model?

As far as I know the only kinds of Lumias are the:
    1. AT&T Lumia 920 - it works good on 2G, 3G and 3.5G but it only picks up AT&T LTE as AT&T has a different LTE infrastructure than other countries.
    2. China's Lumia 920T - works good on 2G, 3G and 3.5G as well but only picks up China LTE as China has a different LTE infrastructure as well.
    3. International Lumia 920 - this one would work well in any country. I don't know if this'll pick up AT&T LTE/China LTE though.

So to answer your question, yep the Philippine Lumia will most likely be the int'l one, and yes it'll most likely work in EU countries too.

Quote Originally Posted by ianwasheretoo View Post
    jan 29!!! yeeyyy!!!!!

I know a lot of people working in Nokia Philippines and all of them have confirmed that on January 29, we can still drool and dream of when it will come.
    Lol you better be sure about that! I'm waiting until the end of January. Come February I'll rush to the grey market :p

read it again, andi. Haha. i was kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Andi_N View Post
    1. AT&T Lumia 920 - it works good on 2G, 3G and 3.5G but it only picks up AT&T LTE as AT&T has a different LTE infrastructure than other countries.
    2. China's Lumia 920T - works good on 2G, 3G and 3.5G as well but only picks up China LTE as China has a different LTE infrastructure as well.
    3. International Lumia 920 - this one would work well in any country. I don't know if this'll pick up AT&T LTE/China LTE though.

So to answer your question, yep the Philippine Lumia will most likely be the int'l one, and yes it'll most likely work in EU countries too.
    There's also a Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 which is pentaband.

Quote Originally Posted by ianwasheretoo View Post
    read it again, andi. Haha. i was kidding...
    Lol you got my hopes up right there. Guess I'll reallybe heading to the grey market :( I'd still wait until February though. Some Nokia Stores are pretty sure they'll have it this month.

Quote Originally Posted by flame l View Post
    There's also a Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 which is pentaband.
    Thanks flame! So there we have 4 kinds of Lumias (as far as I know! There might be more!)

Oh come on. That Jan 29 almost gave me a heart attack. Damn that latter part of Q1 release. Kapeesh!

Non sense post!

wow ^_^
    Last edited by anadellemendez; 01-14-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: at first i dont see the thing "REPLY WITH QUOTE"

unnecessary comment-er!

HAHA i just want it so badly

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andi_N View Post

As far as I know, there are only three types of Lumia 920, the non-LTE(chinese) and Lumia 920 phones that capable connecting to LTE networks which are RM-820(for bands 700 MHz Class 17, 1700, 2100) and RM-821(for bands 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 which is the international standard)

Only RM-820 can run on At&T, wirelessdave, and other network providers that uses bands 1700/2100,

And as far as I know, LTE networks only differs only on the type of technology, on what frequency and band level it resides and what downstream/upstream they provide(which can always be adjusted by the network provider).

Lumia 920 that were build manufactured exclusively for At&T have an embedded AT&T software for network locking purposes.So is Rogers and other Lumia 920 phones that were build for a specific network provider.