- 01-11-2013, 04:24 AM #1
It seems similar to what happened with my Titan I, but seriously, already I just synced it last week and now all of a sudden I plug it into my computer and the normal box to explore the phone box does not appear nor when I go to "My Computer". It makes the noise that it's charging when I plug it in, but does not show up on computer. Is it a bad USB, bad cord, need a replacement device or what is the issue? Not even Zune see's the phone as well. On my Titan I, they said it was because the USB stint in the phone got bent and was causing a bad connection.
01-11-2013, 06:47 AM #2
- 10 Posts
Two things come to mind:
1. Do you lock your phone with a passcode? If so then it won't appear on your PC when plugged in until you type in your passcode on the phone itself.
2. Windows failing to assign a drive letter to the phone - go to the Disk Management area of Windows and see if there's a drive there that doesn't have a letter assigned to it when the phone is connected. If so then assign a letter to it and then see if it appears.
Failing that you'd need to look in Device Manager to see if there are any devices appearing there with exclamation marks next to them.
- 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM #4
Okay, tried different USB ports that didn't work. I did shut downed my computer and restarted it and it still didn't work. When I open "My Computer" all it lists is (C,D,E) when I click on E nothing happens. I think when I used to plug it in it used to show up as the F drive.
I'm using Vista on my computer. How it worked last week was that, I would plug it in, in the bottom right hand corner it would say USB drive detected and then a few second later a window pops up asking me to:
1. OPEN USING WINDOWS EXPLORER..
Now when I plug it in, it makes the noise saying that it's charging but nothing else ever happens. I'm going to try a new cable.
- 01-12-2013, 05:33 PM #9
Its possible you have a couple cables that's the culprit. I've got one that only charges but doesn't show the black phone icon on the bottom right of the taskbar and obviously not listed in my drives. However with the right USB cable it works fine. Also, can you try a different PC?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
- 01-12-2013, 08:16 PM #10
I will try a different PC and see what happens. So far all the ports on my computer doesn't change anything plus I tried my old HTC Titan cord with no success.
And yes like someone said earlier, ZUNE does work with Windows OS before 8. I had used it once to name it and move pictures.
01-12-2013, 09:44 PM #12
- 247 Posts
I had this problem. It took forever for me to figure it out but for me I had to:
Go to Music +Video on phone
turn Xbox Music Cloud Collection off
reconnect to computer
This problem eventually resolved but that is what worked for me.
- 03-09-2013, 04:43 PM #17
I had this problem, and it resolved on its own after like 20 plug in/unplugging of the device. That was like the 3rd day I got my phone, and it has already been connected to the computer... since that day it just works...ex iPhone3G and iPhone4 user
Now a proud Nokia Lumia920 user
Ceterum censeo, Androidam delendam esse!
- By boneycat1 in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
- By touareg#wp in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 12Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:25 PM
- By XboxOmac in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 7Last Post: 07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
- By tripower in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
- By gibbyhome in forum ZuneReplies: 1Last Post: 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM