Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ive experienced nothing but problems using the TuneIn app on both my Lumia 900 and Lumia 920. I would say that every 9 out of 10 times that I try to play a station the app just keep saying connecting... for ever then it eventually stops trying (even with full reception). If I hit stop (during this infinite connecting status) then hit play it will almost always show the buffering message and then start playing shortly there after.

One other problem that drives me insane is how the stream just stops! This happens while connected via 4g, LTE, sometimes wifi, even with full bars of service! Sometimes when it stops it'll buffer and come back on after 20 seconds or even up to 5 minutes later, and sometimes it wont come on at all! Again the stop play stop routine will usually get it started again. I cant explain how incredibly annoying this is! This is a daily occurrence and I hate the world every time this happens!

Driving to and from work I need to go through the play > stop > play routine a good 30 or 40 times!

Im curious, has anyone else experienced this?

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Yes. I am having exactly the same issues. I use my 920 to listen to radio stations in the car and it is positively dangerous to keep trying to reconnect while driving. I used to use TuneIn on my iphone 5 and although it did lose the connection occasionally it was nowhere near as bad. Post your comments to the developers .... it might help.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issues as well. I had Tunein on an Iphone 4 before and it ran much better on Ios. I don't usually have to stop start as much as you do but it is annoying. Hopefully they address this in an upcoming update.

Thanks for the reply guys, Im going to send this thread to tunein and hope for an update from them!

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Same here HTC 8X

Today I experienced the same problems with Beem! Why does it seem like its impossible for us to have a proper music streaming app!?

same for me too... hope an update to the app is coming soon

Happens to me to on a few stations.........my favorite station :(

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    It really is too bad. usually been a big fan of TuneIn coming from Android and ipad, but now simply moved totally to Nokia Music.

Did you report this thread to tunein?
    If so, how did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by fieldsy1024 View Post
    Did you report this thread to tunein?
    If so, how did you do it?
    Yes I did, I emailed them and they sent me the usual "Thank you for contacting us, your satisfaction is important to us, same old bs.." In their auto reply it said to reply back to their email with any updates, so Ive emailed them the link from this thread, as well as summarizing whats been said here. They have a phone number based in NY to their office, but its just a voice mail number, Ive left a message there as well, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Here is the link for their contact info: Contact Us

I hope everyone that comes across this thread sends them an email describing their issues! Maybe they'll actually do something about it!

Its funny though, today was one of those incredibly rare moments where tunein worked without needing to be restarted 4 million times! Unfortunately this only happens once every 2 or 3 months....

I've had exactly the same problem. I thought the app was great. Paid money for the Pro version simply to reward the developer.
    Drives me up the wall. Stops, starts, stops and doesn't start until you stop/start the station. I thought it might go with the territory so tried another radio app. No station in English but no stops.
    E.mailed the developer but no reply. Bit sad, it's such a good app but the developer is obviously playing the numbers.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Used TuneIn Radio for IOS with no problem. It's horrible on the WP.
    Difficulty Connecting
    Frequently, like Always, drops out
    Does NOT always quit playing in the background when you close the app, even though you can't hear it (this one drives me nuts)
    Nokia Lumia 1520 (love the hardware....the available apps, not so much)